Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: car tax  (Read 5531 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 13:55:36 »

tax discs shuold be double sided so when you're in the car you can see the expiry date.

Why? There's no need for that as the date is the other side of the glass. Hardly an effort to look.

Don't mean to be harsh Juddie, but am afraid you should have looked and know when your tax disc runs out.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 13:59:47 »

fair fucks, but I wonder how many others would miss it if they didn't get a renewal letter. Loads, I'm guessing.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:00:37 »

When we played Fulham did you notice the vehicle being clamped and then within 15 minutes the tow truck arrived and bye bye car.

I think it was at Fulham that I saw signs saying you could be fined £50 for dropping a cigarette butt. That is well tight. Different world up in London for us country bumpkins.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:04:04 »

fair fucks, but I wonder how many others would miss it if they didn't get a renewal letter. Loads, I'm guessing.

But I bet you won't make the mistake again!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:05:12 »

I've done the same thing. Had no MOT or tax for nearly 7 months. £80 fine which I did not pay.
dell boy

« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:06:46 »

I've done the same thing. Had no MOT or tax for nearly 7 months. £80 fine which I did not pay.

The coppers will come and get you, unless of course you have changed your car since the fine.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:23:08 »

Changed that car years ago. The police are fucking stupid. I also should have lost my license in my first year of drving for picking up 6 points. I got caught by a red light camera in Wales and when the letter arrived asking me who was driving I just ignored it as I knew I would lose my license so decided it couldn't be any worse.

They sent me a few more letters but eventually gave up. 3 years passed and having lost my paper part I applied for a new one and got it back minus all my points!

HAHA, fucking retards.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:28:06 »

Never has a 'thing under the name' been so relevant.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:40:04 »

Why? There's no need for that as the date is the other side of the glass. Hardly an effort to look.

Don't mean to be harsh Juddie, but am afraid you should have looked and know when your tax disc runs out.

ye but who does that? its not a daily routine, "oh lets go check when my car tax runs out" atleast if it was in the car you'd notice it.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:40:42 »

Go on Dragon's Den.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #40 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:41:15 »

Never has a 'thing under the name' been so relevant.

Do I even need to say it? Fuck it.

FUCK OFF TWAT

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:42:55 »

dont be surprised if they catch up with you in the end.these things can take years
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 14:44:43 »

No MOT, no tax = No Insurance.  Lucky you didn't hurt someone in an accident.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
iffy

« Reply #43 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 15:07:01 »

I think it was at Fulham that I saw signs saying you could be fined £50 for dropping a cigarette butt. That is well tight. Different world up in London for us country bumpkins.

Indeed. This happened to a friend last week in East London. They have moved the public cigarette bins outside a big office block, where the smokers congregate. They then had two people watching the spot from the other side of the road and issued a constant stream of £50 fines through the day. It's pretty much entrapment.
nochee

« Reply #44 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 15:23:46 »

Apaarently they're not issuing reminders anymore, so a note to everyone.

I parked mine on a road near where I work. No idea how they would have seen that, no wardens round here.

£100 release fee, another £160 cos I have no disc, although they'll refund it when I show them I have got one.

seems a bit harsh. I'm not one to avoid paying for things, just had no idea!

£100 just before pay day rules me out of orient saturday though. cnuts.

I got my reminder 3 days ago! Including details on how to pay using internet or phone. So i would say that they are still doing reminders.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: