Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: car tax  (Read 5533 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 10:59:07 »

I got my renewal form a week ago and paid online... Easy as pie

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 11:00:59 »

no, not changed address. Got everything else.

I'm livid. Would anyone else know when to pay it if they didn;t get the renewal notice?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 11:01:37 »

This would suggest you can still renew online

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_069680

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 11:02:36 »

no, not changed address. Got everything else.

I'm livid. Would anyone else know when to pay it if they didn;t get the renewal notice?

er, yes, but I'm a bit paranoid about things like this - mine runs out in June.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 11:03:01 »

Really?!

So you can't renew online anymore?

my thoughts exactly, renewals come with a 12/16 digit code thats needed to get new tax, this code proves that you have mot/insurance, without either of these the renewal will still come through the post but without the code.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 11:04:16 »

well I had fuck all in the post and I'm now £260 down.
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 11:05:42 »

well I had fuck all in the post and I'm now £260 down.

Then blame the postmen.

Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 12:17:38 »

Really?!

So you can't renew online anymore?

you can as i had my form with reference # through end of last week. can still win a leon by doing so too...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 12:50:15 »

Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 13:21:53 »

I can tell you they do send renewals forms as most of them come through us at work. We sort thousands of them.

Where abouts do you live, postcode? I can find the people responsible for sorting them and hit them or something!!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 13:27:17 »

i'm guessing yours ran out end of jan juddie?
mine did too. i recieved a letter in plenty of time and did mine online.They might be bullshitting you
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 13:27:55 »

A few years back I went about 9 months without renewing my tax disc. Eventually I got a fine notice put on my car, went down the post office and got one sharpish (they had to dig around out the back to find the right disc). Never heard anything else about the fine so I guess I got away with it.

No real excuse for not renewing it is there, seeing as you'll walk past and be sat two foot away from the tax disc every time you use your car. Bad news getting clamped though, didn't know they were doing that. Who is it that clamps it, the council?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 13:35:58 »

A few years back I went about 9 months without renewing my tax disc. Eventually I got a fine notice put on my car, went down the post office and got one sharpish (they had to dig around out the back to find the right disc). Never heard anything else about the fine so I guess I got away with it.

No real excuse for not renewing it is there, seeing as you'll walk past and be sat two foot away from the tax disc every time you use your car. Bad news getting clamped though, didn't know they were doing that. Who is it that clamps it, the council?

tax discs shuold be double sided so when you're in the car you can see the expiry date.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 13:41:55 »

don't really look at it TBH. I was clamped by the white city commpound, loads of dvla stuff in the thing attached to my window.

Think I've just been unlucky, but still a bit fucked off.

dell boy

« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 13:53:07 »

The police can compound your car for not having it taxed. Mostly they give you a fine on the spot though (bastards), they can give you a fine on the spot for doing anything these days (bastards), even having a leak at the side of the road behind bushes out of sight of anyone else, after you've been sat in a traffic jam for three hours (bastards).

You were very unlucky to get clamped, has someone stitched you up?

When we played Fulham did you notice the vehicle being clamped and then within 15 minutes the tow truck arrived and bye bye car.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: