Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2014 Fifa World Cup  (Read 37844 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:13:17 »

I believe there are more people of Italian descent in Sao Paolo than of Portuguese origin.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:23:03 »

First game at 2am on a Sunday morning. Do you reckon they'll have it on the screen in town?
Bacon rolls in the "Turban"  Beers
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:45:18 »

Costa Rica are dog toss, Uruguay can be good on their day but are very unpredictable, and Italy will be just as scared of losing as we are (opening game). It isn't the end of the world.

You watch a lot of Costa Rica then?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 21:51:35 »

Costa Rica finished 7 pts above Mexico, who we'd have been fawning over had we have been drawn in their group.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 08:26:53 »

You watch a lot of Costa Rica then?

I watched them in 1990 when they beat Scotland, marvellous!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 09:24:50 »

Typical English support banging on about a 'lesser' nation being also rans before they've even seen them. You'd have thought you lot would have learned from your E.A.S.Y. group in the last world cup that it doesn't work like that.

Being completely impartial about it (as I am - my anti-England days have long gone) it's nice to see England in a harder group as I think it'll actually help you're chances of putting on a decent performance.

As for '90 typical Scotland lose to CR, beat Sweden and lose to a 79th minute goal by Brasil. You wouldn't know what I'd give for us to be beaten by the likes of Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran anyone at a majhor championships, been way to long.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 09:31:49 »

Typical English support banging on about a 'lesser' nation being also rans before they've even seen them. You'd have thought you lot would have learned from your E.A.S.Y. group in the last world cup that it doesn't work like that.

Being completely impartial about it (as I am - my anti-England days have long gone) it's nice to see England in a harder group as I think it'll actually help you're chances of putting on a decent performance.

As for '90 typical Scotland lose to CR, beat Sweden and lose to a 79th minute goal by Brasil. You wouldn't know what I'd give for us to be beaten by the likes of Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran anyone at a majhor championships, been way to long.

Its amazing how often Scotland in tournaments put up a good show against the big teams and then let themselves down against the 'weaker' sides. It happened in France 98 as well to some extent didn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 12:45:44 »

Bet you long for those days again at the minute. To be the first UEFA team eliminated out of the qualification groups is quite (the opposite of) impressive.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 16:15:53 »

Its amazing how often Scotland in tournaments put up a good show against the big teams and then let themselves down against the 'weaker' sides. It happened in France 98 as well to some extent didn't it?

Yep, saw that first hand in St Etienne. Think the 90's 'upsets' were a mental thing, bit like eng are fnding out in Aus now. If you write off hungrier sides than you that aren't that bad, in our case Costa Rica and Morocco, then you're in for a shock. 

Still with Euros expanding and Strachan bringing back some pride perhaps in a couple of years we'll have the opportunity to lose to Estonia or Latvia in a major championships, we can but drea. ;-)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 16:19:59 »

England's first game been moved,

From 2am to 11pm.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 16:21:47 »

From 2am to 11pm.

Is that for more beer sales here and in Italy ?
or
Cooler for the players ?

Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 16:24:52 »

Is that for more beer sales here and in Italy ?
or
Cooler for the players ?

Hmmm

Ratings. So FIFA can justify the TV rights fees in Italy and England.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 16:26:58 »

England will get a point. A draw against Costa Rica. A south american team will win it.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 18:01:16 »

From 2am to 11pm.

That is going to be one messy night. If it had stayed at 2am people would have paced themselves, 11 kick off, means it'll probably 'kick off at around 5 past in some pubs'.
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 18:43:00 »

That's 5 AM for me. Looks like it'll be a continuation from Saturday night then Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: