Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62465 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:15:49 »

its going to be Gunning, isnt it

Gunnings gone from 33/1 to 8/1

Early days though….. surely there’s nothing in it…. Surely…
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:16:32 »

I can feel myself getting more bitter at some of the strange stuff from our side. "Clearly loved the club" - he's fucked off at the first opportunity after five months in post, people crucified Garner and Wellens for less than that.

Look, it's the right outcome, I'm trying to be "ends justified the means" about this, but fucking hell, the club and some people are acting like he's John Trollope or something here. I'm not going to bear him much ill will or anything, but he's not done right by the club at all here and we shouldn't pretend he has.

Glad he has gone and we move on, however TBF,

He may well love the club, thing is he was likely about to be sacked so imagine it was an employment decision rather than heart driven.

Possibly has done the right by the club, took a job offered so we didn't have to pay him off but also bought some compo in!

its going to be Gunning, isnt it

I fear so yes, albeit grasping at the straw that the quote from Clem said something about 'bringing' a new manager in, hopefully meaning from outside.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:20:13 »

gunning. fuck off
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:20:43 »

He may well love the club, thing is he was likely about to be sacked so imagine it was an employment decision rather than heart driven.

Possibly has done the right by the club, took a job offered so we didn't have to pay him off but also bought some compo in!

Maybe, maybe this is the case, and it wouldn't be the first time public and private statements differed, but the club statement and quotes read about as far from "we were about to sack this guy" as they possibly could. I'm not ITK at all, but if I had to put money on it, I don't think he was anywhere near being sacked.
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:21:51 »

gunning. fuck off

Definitely won't be a popular choice.  Head Hurts
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:24:11 »

Maybe, maybe this is the case, and it wouldn't be the first time public and private statements differed, but the club statement and quotes read about as far from "we were about to sack this guy" as they possibly could. I'm not ITK at all, but if I had to put money on it, I don't think he was anywhere near being sacked.

Oh I don't disagree with any of that, hence my comment on here when the statement first broke that it was all strangely 'gushing'.

However, on that basis the question leaps out, why leave what appears to be from the outside at least a pretty stable club in 8th for a club in 21st who appear to be in perpetual turmoil?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:28:39 by horlock07 » Logged
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:24:40 »

They won't appoint Gunning...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:24:52 »

gunning. fuck off

We are Mad Gav's Barmy Army!

They won't appoint Gunning...

Do we need to appoint if its just an internal promotion....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:25:35 »

I think Clem was well aware of the fans frustration towards Lindsey. To go from him to Gunning is unimaginable.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:31:03 »

I think Clem was well aware of the fans frustration towards Lindsey. To go from him to Gunning is unimaginable.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. He simply cannot ignore the tepid feedback to appointing SL back in the summer. They surely know they have to do much better with this appointment. And armed with 2 lots of Compo for our last 2 managerial outfits there isn't really much of an excuse not for the boat to be pushed out, rather than going for the second hand rubber dinghy 6 months ago.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:32:56 »

The question is what is Clem willing to pay on wages to get a decent manager. There were rumours Garner then Lindsey were only on around 70k per annum if that's true how an earth do the club expect to bring anyone in with experience or with the potential to take us forward.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:35:39 »

I note with some interest that we have Crawley on the last day of the season. That could be fun if there's anything riding on it for either team.

I can feel myself getting more bitter at some of the strange stuff from our side. "Clearly loved the club" - he's fucked off at the first opportunity after five months in post, people crucified Garner and Wellens for less than that.

Look, it's the right outcome, I'm trying to be "ends justified the means" about this, but fucking hell, the club and some people are acting like he's John Trollope or something here. I'm not going to bear him much ill will or anything, but he's not done right by the club at all here and we shouldn't pretend he has.

Yeah, total bollocks that line. Along with the nice guy bullshit.

Just bollocks to spin a shit appointment and get people behind the team.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:36:43 »

Not sure they can afford not to with the opportunity to finally get out of L2, especially having (hopefully) secured some sort of compensation for the other two. Swindon such an attractive club and you'd be amazed at some of the names that will probably apply. Hope they take suitable time, due diligence and like others have said - make the right appt for the long-term.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #643 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:36:58 »

We need to get over this obsession with crowds making us 'big', for instance the year they went down Notts County averaged higher crowds than we did, but they weren't too 'big' to go down.

But County only had a higher average in that season due to them selling very low priced season tickets and one crowd skewing the average when they basically gave away all tickets vs Cambridge for £2 each when they got 15k and 2 local games vs Mansfield and Lincoln when the away teams took 3,000+ each otherwise they would have had less average than we did.

The season before they did a bogof in 4 matches which were all attended by 13k+ again totlaly skewing their actual "Mode average" which was about 5k average both the seasons they had bigger average than us.

Both those season we had no local teams of under 60 miles away were Newport and Wycombe and yet we still had a "mode avreage" of just over 6k for both seasons.

But of course, no side is "too big" to go down, but I don't think we are in any danger of relegation this season.

As a direct comparison vs Notts County, our average attendance being the end figure.

22/23   National L  7,546 - 8,420
21/22   National L  6,800 - 9,603
20/21   National L  4,197 - 2,000
19/20   National L  5,209 - 7,787
18/19   League Two  7,357 - 6,390
17/18   League Two  7,748 - 6,436
16/17   League Two  5,970 - 6,527
15/16   League Two  4,860 - 7,520
14/15   League One  5,351 - 8,130
13/14   League One  5,508 - 8,135
12/13   League One  5,522 - 8,528
11/12   League One  6,808 - 8,411

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:37:28 »

I don't think Clem was going to either. But it was about to get very toxic, so who knows how he would have reacted to that.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: