Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62476 times)
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:04:47 »

Indeed, Lindsey, Garner, Wellens and Flitcroft all moving on for a manager fee in the last 5 years.

Better business model obtaining managers fees than selling players at the moment !
Just a pity the regular management changes is arguably the reason why we are where we are at the moment.
I remember Clem saying he wanted continuity and consistency at the club when Garner got the job, wishful thinking Clem.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #451 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:09:23 »

Managers are indeed a commodity too though much like players, I would imagine the fees for those managers have come to a higher amount than all the players we have sold in the same time frame.

Interestingly none of the managers who we have sold have stayed more than 1 year at their clubs they moved to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:12:00 »

If it takes a few more days to ensure that the right appointment is made then so be it.

We were saying that last summer and look how that turned out!  Wink

I remember Clem saying he wanted continuity and consistency at the club when Garner got the job, wishful thinking Clem.

We've got that now with Shandy (and potentially Mad Gav!  Cheesy
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #453 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:22:46 »

Has he fucking gone yet? Just fuck off already
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:41:58 »

Got to the stage where people are more interested in confirmation that he’s gone than who any new man may be!

Incredible that the club have gone down the same silent route they did with Garner. If they cock it up again . . .
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:44:18 »

Has he fucking gone yet? Just fuck off already

Just waiting on Crawley to announce according to reports.

He's gone and we have the money.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:45:31 »

But why do they take the lead on it? If he’s signed and compo has been paid why can’t we just issue a statement saying ‘Lindsey has left the club’
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:51:10 »

who knows what agreement was made between the clubs.

it seems certain it's happened. bloody annoying waiting but better than hearing it's in jeopardy I suppose
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:53:06 »

It's been five days since the club tweeted *anything* other than a scheduled Carabao advert. Considering it's usually posting about great vibes six times a day, something is clearly up. I'm sure the duck is paddling furiously beneath the water but it's not ideal - and other clubs don't *seem* to act this way (although perhaps we're just not paying attention!)

not sure if it's me being paranoid, but noticed the ticket office just tweeted a bit earlier saying that newport tickets that were supposed to be going on sale today, won't be, with a new date for sale to be announced. must be a coincidence??

i'm not usually jumpy about lack of comms by the club at all, but even for me the silence is starting feel a bit odd.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:55:14 »

But why do they take the lead on it? If he’s signed and compo has been paid why can’t we just issue a statement saying ‘Lindsey has left the club’

Yeah not sure. Only buys us more time because the next thing will be people demanding an announcement of a new manager.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 11:59:27 »

I’d imagine they are working on an NFT style Lindsey animated character right now as part of his swanky launch video. Could take a while.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:02:29 »

Assuming the report that was put out yesterday saying compo had been agreed and paid was inaccurate -  unless Crawley decided to pay with NFT's of course and Sandro is trying to work out if he can use them to sign a player with - as we have still not heard anything about Lindsey leaving (or a Crawley confirmation of him taking over) or about the search for a new manager, you would hope that alongside the PR there will be interviews with the local press to discuss and update the fans on the way forward for the club.

This does seem like exactly how it happened with Garner leaving, rumours doing the rounds about Charlton, then they didn't want to pay the compo, then it was which staff he was taking with him, then we got the names leaked that was being spoken to about the job at stfc, and then Lindsey got given the job much to everyone's surprise.

So maybe we need to get to the bookies and put a few ££ on Gav Gunning or Mildy to get the job as no one else matches up.

The next manager has got a huge job to do, we need someone that is going to unite the fan base and play a brand of attacking football that stfc has a history off playing that will get the fans on the edge of their seats shouting and screaming and bringing back an atmosphere that has been sadly lacking.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:08:30 »

I can't wait for Lindseys video of false promises of fast paced attacking football only for their fans to immediately realise he's full of shit, just like Garner at Charlton.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:11:34 »

So maybe we need to get to the bookies and put a few ££ on Gav Gunning or Mildy to get the job as no one else matches up.

If its someone already employed by the club again, then Clem will immediately fuck up every last bit of good will he's had. The returning fans will be gone almost instantly, baring any that have a season ticket. Once you can tolerate, twice not so much.

Would be a colossally asinine thing to do.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:14:24 »

If its someone already employed by the club again, then Clem will immediately fuck up every last bit of good will he's had. The returning fans will be gone almost instantly, baring any that have a season ticket. Once you can tolerate, twice not so much.

Would be a colossally asinine thing to do.

Yep, especially as season ticket renewals will be just around the corner. 
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: