Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Doncaster Rovers Matchday Thread  (Read 19577 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:08:19 »

The longer this drags on you wonder whether Morris will reconsider his position. From the outside we just look such a shambles and it must be even more frustrating for him.

The thought crossed my mind as well. It’s barely 3 weeks ago he would have been told that yes, he can have Brand, and that he can have the signings we desperately need. He’s lost three senior players, hasn’t been given his assistant, and we had a poor deadline day - which leaves serious question marks. It would be interesting to know what the real story is, and who is culpable.

And no, I’m not gagging for him to go. I want him to stay and prosper. I think people are simply pointing out how frustrating that past two weeks must have been for someone who would have been given certain assurances….
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:11:10 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:09:06 »

https://twitter.com/smthleon/status/1624453310253092867?s=46&t=ZI-27cbOlwg7SXCu839aSw

Some fan giving it the usual i pay your wages crap apparently
He got put down in the end
Much as I tried, I couldn’t make out what was being said

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:10:50 »

Yeah let’s hope he walks away.
Useless cunt.
100% losing record.

Think a lot of you prefer it when we are shit and things aren’t going well.
Probably miss Lee Power.

1) I don't think people are hoping he walks away you daft cunt. They're are saying he may do if certain things aren't in place that he was promised/sold by SdM/Clem etc. Brand might be one of those things. Those are totally different approaches. I personally don't HOPE he walks away but it would not surprise me one bit if he walked away before the end of the season.

2) Yeah we all genuinely miss Lesaune Lee's 'pashun' and openness. Actually the one thing that stands out that he did do ''well'' was helping out Martin Ling in regards to his mental health...but helping someone in that regard is different to running a football club; we all know that Pashun Power was only interested in making money for himself.

So don't be a silly boy DiV trying to get a rise out of folk. That's my job - apparently.

Fuck this - off for a Milk Stout or 5  Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:21:00 »

I don’t want him to walk away, I think he is a good appointment.

But something doesn’t feel ‘right’
Said the same on twitter, he'll walk when he realises he's been sold a pup. Or him and Austin can try and get Clem to wake up.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:23:08 »

Its ok though, the stratton bank will have a roof on it
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:26:57 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=

« Last Edit: Sunday, February 12, 2023, 11:26:14 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:28:12 »

Today was as bad as some of the Lindsey games his season. Morris gets a free pass but I really hope today isn’t a showing of the football we can expect.  I still reckon we are trying to play a style of football that we don’t have the right blend of players to do it. Round pegs in square holes probably sums it up.

Can’t really single out any players performance to be honest as they were all equally as guilty as each other.  Williams was probably my pick of the best.

It will be good to have Khan back he will add a better dimension in our midfield with Caine and the Bristol lad.

Brand was in the stands today watching the game, not sure what’s happening there but I’m wondering if it’s financial constraints and the wage
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:32:35 »

Brand has been on the training ground too.
But it must be so frustrating during a game to not have your number 2 next to you, especially when things aren’t working.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:36:14 »

Where are people gagging for him to go?

In this very thread.
Not in the sense they don’t think he’ll be a good manager but in the sense it’ll be more fuel to add to their fire about how shit & tinpot this football club is and how SdM is worse than Hitler etc etc
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:39:34 »

Post match

18 'as/like I said'
3 'sucker punch'
&
1 'get some food'

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:42:30 »

18 'as/like I said'
3 'sucker punch'
&
1 'get some food'

Pint

He does have a nervous itchy head!

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:45:15 »

In this very thread.
Not in the sense they don’t think he’ll be a good manager but in the sense it’ll be more fuel to add to their fire about how shit & tinpot this football club is and how SdM is worse than Hitler etc etc

No one has said they want him to go. They think he MAY go though.

Stop trying to fit it to a narrative that you seem to think is prevalent when it is not. People can think some elements aren't too great whilst also recognising some are. The sheer limitations of your (and others) capacity at being able to understand this is seemingly incredulous.

Purely looking for rises from people who haven't even stated 'I WANT Morris to walk' or similar but for some reason you trying to state that they have. Odd.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:47:53 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:47:36 »

Yeah let’s hope he walks away.
Useless cunt.
100% losing record.

…people saying what a good appointment he was two weeks ago now people gagging for him to go - just so they can have something else to use to moan about the club.

Think a lot of you prefer it when we are shit and things aren’t going well.
Probably miss Lee Power.
That’s not what anyone said. Stating the manager sounds frustrated and expressing concern he might feel let down by those above him is pretty understandable but then you knew that.

As for SDM he’s something straight out of the Lee Power era and the sooner he’s gone along with a couple of the other hangers on the better!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:48:40 »

When you’ve accepted that we’re going nowhere this season it becomes easier not to fucking explode at the sheer ineptitude of it all. What decent players we thought we had are going backwards and those we thought would improve with a bit of experience haven’t.

The whole model is a crock.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 18:52:44 »

Just read back and I have to agree with most on here particularly Batch’s summary. The first half was poor with only Williams looking useful after a quiet start. Midfield non existent with only Williams looking to run with the ball. Clearly changed things second half with Wakeling more prominent by playing more centrally. Poor defending for the first and poor goalkeeping for the second. Donny were well organised particularly the three big lads at the back. Man of the match for me was the Referee !!!
Nowhere near good enough for a playoff place, far too lightweight at the back and sadly missing a playmaker type. 

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: