Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Doncaster Rovers Matchday Thread  (Read 19581 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:52:03 »

No better time than now to start looking for a new TD, Clem.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:52:30 »

New manager, same Lindsey-ball
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:52:57 »

No time like now for ditching this academy football shite and go back to men’s football.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:04:10 »

Anyone know what happened between Austin & the town end at the end of the game?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:09:59 »

Anyone know what happened between Austin & the town end at the end of the game?

https://twitter.com/smthleon/status/1624453310253092867?s=46&t=ZI-27cbOlwg7SXCu839aSw

Some fan giving it the usual i pay your wages crap apparently
He got put down in the end
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:16:10 »

There is nothing on his CV that makes me understand how he is in the position he is in.  I am not even sure how he'd get an interview if it came across the CEO's desk in an application process.  I have no idea what he is like as a person, it just looks very very odd to me.

The thing is Rob, had I written the paragraph above that you have, I'd be getting pelters right now. SdM is a billy bullshiter, anyone who can't see that...I mean he works(ed) in PR... it's in the name "Professional BullshitteR"

"...'I should point out that PRs aren’t the only bullshitters; but if they are not paid to bullshit, to present their clients in the best possible light, what are they being paid to do?'

His point isn’t the simple one that PR people are liars (that would be easy to deal with). It’s that PR people are not neutral voices, they’re paid advocates who represent a particular perspective. The distinction between ‘the truth’ and ‘the whole truth’ is made in the oath taken in a law court. PR people can and should tell the truth, but have little credibility on ‘the whole truth’ as this involves the perspectives of competitors and opponents."

The above is essentially SdM in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:25:17 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:16:30 »

https://twitter.com/smthleon/status/1624453310253092867?s=46&t=ZI-27cbOlwg7SXCu839aSw

Some fan giving it the usual i pay your wages crap apparently
He got put down in the end
Should be Sandro facing up to the fans, he’s the one that deserves the angst.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:18:06 »

That was cunting crap.
Yes Morris is long term appointment
Yes injuries, suspensions.

First half was amongst the most tedious shit I've seen this season. Slow, error ridden and BORING. Williams and Caine had shots, so I guess that's something.

Cain and Kadji were poor in the middle. Men against boys. Clayton looks like a man who has had a spell injured, Hutton was shit, FBT was not quite his usual self and Iandolo was Iandolo - which in today's game was above average. 

Darcy worked hard, as did Wakeling. But to no real effect. Austin was at a level consistent with the game. Get him into a danger area and you know he'll come alive. Like last week he may as well watched on iFollow.

Williams at least has a bit of quality, but not enough to take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Second half did show some improvement. Didn't really create anything though. And Doncaster, who to their credit were well organised and pressed us well, did. Two chances, two goals. Clayton didn't do well on the first, and from my angle Brynn should have done better with the second.

Not sure what else to say. It was a bollocks game and the season is fast headed down the crapper.

Marvellous.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:23:52 »

Too many left footers who don’t have a right will make us very predictable. Weird nuance but one that won’t get picked up on “the model.” Last week was crap but down to 10, today was a bag of shit. Morris will have to work out what we need for next season because this one will evaporate fast. We were lucky where we were with Lindsey and regression to the mean normally happens. We’re a few players short and it’ll tell
tans

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:26:45 »

Hutton really annoyed me with a couple of minutes to go. He was tackled, didnt go down, and made no effort whatsoever to try and get the ball back from the opposition player
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:29:06 »

That was cunting crap.
Yes Morris is long term appointment
Yes injuries, suspensions.

First half was amongst the most tedious shit I've seen this season. Slow, error ridden and BORING. Williams and Caine had shots, so I guess that's something.

Cain and Kadji were poor in the middle. Men against boys. Clayton looks like a man who has had a spell injured, Hutton was shit, FBT was not quite his usual self and Iandolo was Iandolo - which in today's game was above average. 

Darcy worked hard, as did Wakeling. But to no real effect. Austin was at a level consistent with the game. Get him into a danger area and you know he'll come alive. Like last week he may as well watched on iFollow.

Williams at least has a bit of quality, but not enough to take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Second half did show some improvement. Didn't really create anything though. And Doncaster, who to their credit were well organised and pressed us well, did. Two chances, two goals. Clayton didn't do well on the first, and from my angle Brynn should have done better with the second.

Not sure what else to say. It was a bollocks game and the season is fast headed down the crapper.

Marvellous.

100% with you Batch
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:30:59 »

That was really bad.

Morris gets a free pass but I really expected more from him especially with in game management. It wasn't working from the go.

Hutton looked like he was told not to go forward very unlike him positional today. Both Ellis and him had absolutely nothing in front of them.

The cardinal sin is to play darcy and Williams together. Float around the same places.

Cm was disappointing, totally outplayed, passed and moved!

Need to forget about this one quick as that's as bad as it gets

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:32:17 »

Hutton really annoyed me with a couple of minutes to go. He was tackled, didnt go down, and made no effort whatsoever to try and get the ball back from the opposition player

I did mention previously that due to him not getting his move/contract demands matched, he will drop in performance. We've seen his performances dip in the games post transfer window  closing - unfortunately.

Got shot down for that too. Clear to see the player is unhappy but hasn't really earned the right to a wage increase just yet. Maybe end of season if he performs to the level we know he can. I do think though that the club SdM will sell him in the summer instead though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:32:25 »

What the fuck is going on with this Ed Brand situation?
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 17:32:42 »

What a waste of an afternoon. We were lucky to come in at half time level, started the second half better and then capitulated. Did we even manage a shot in the box? Feels like all our chances came from afar after faffing about with it in defence and midfield. Can only hope we improve, but with a handful of exceptions it's been dreadful all season and we're lucky to be anywhere near the playoffs.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: