Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Doncaster Rovers Matchday Thread  (Read 19585 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:34:39 »

We can't blame the manager but can blame Sandro.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:35:09 »

Not good, but you're not going to write off a manager on the basis of a couple of games with a braindead sending off and a weakened squad. We were desperately short of a CB and a defensive mid today. Khan will help but we're that short of cover we might need to sign a free agent CB at the least.

And Khan is hit and miss - the fact we suddenly "need" him is a big worry.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:35:47 »

There is nothing on his CV that makes me understand how is is in the position he is in.  I am not even sure how he'd get an interview if it came across the CEO's desk in an application process.  I have no idea what he is like as a person, it just looks very very odd to me.

Same as Robert, he's obviously a good persuasive talker in interviews.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:37:11 »

There is nothing on his CV that makes me understand how he is in the position he is in.  I am not even sure how he'd get an interview if it came across the CEO's desk in an application process.  I have no idea what he is like as a person, it just looks very very odd to me.

Wigan, obviously
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:38:34 »

Same as Robert, he's obviously a good persuasive talker in interviews.

But how do you get an interview with less than 6 months experience in football and a CV showing you may be OK at determining betting odds or a bit of event hob nobbing?  For a job as Technical Director of a League Club?  Maybe BetFred might take him, for a Commercial Manager role or something, but not what we were looking for.  It's bizarre - and while you can provide some rope for people to gain experience and hope there was some magic not visible to the outside world, all we are seeing are the results of having such a lack of experience running the shop.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:38:53 »

And Khan is hit and miss - the fact we suddenly "need" him is a big worry.

True. The squad balance is so clearly shambolic. I can see Morris using that as a (pretty valid) excuse soon for writing off this season and telling us how exciting it will be when he builds his own squad.  Roll Eyes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:39:15 »

To top it off there are some irritating fuckwits on my bus. Gonna get some beers in.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:39:29 »

Wigan, obviously

Has it ever been said why he left Wigan after doing well there🤔

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:39:41 »

Wigan, obviously

Less than 6 months, outside of a transfer window by and large, working for a club of his mates Grandad?  There were no better people likely to submit CV's?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:40:16 »

To top it off there are some irritating fuckwits on my bus. Gonna get some beers in.

Go easy on the booze😀

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:40:31 »

True. The squad balance is so clearly shambolic. I can see Morris using that as a (pretty valid) excuse soon for writing off this season and telling us how exciting it will be when he builds his own squad.  Roll Eyes

More or less what Wellens did in his first season, and he was 100% correct. But bringing in Austin doesn't say "we go again next season" - even if every other transfers we made more or less does. It's incoherent.

The other worry is that L2 next season looks like being a lot harder with money at the clubs that come up from the conference as well as Gillingham.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:42:17 »

What I’d love to know how Gunning made this team so unLindsey like for two games and then the new manager comes in and we’ve regressed into that possession for possessions sake team.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:42:57 »

Has it ever been said why he left Wigan after doing well there🤔

The big red flag should be < 6 months after joining and right before the transfer window was about to open with nowhere to go.  Doesn't smack of choice.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:43:52 »

The big red flag should be < 6 months after joining and right before the transfer window was about to open with nowhere to go.  Doesn't smack of choice.

I never knew that.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:45:25 »

What I’d love to know how Gunning made this team so unLindsey like for two games and then the new manager comes in and we’ve regressed into that possession for possessions sake team.

In fairness - one game we were against 10 men for most of it, and the other he had to react after a tactical fuck up almost exposed us to a trouncing.  He was able to roll the dice in both games with zero pressure for long term results.  Throw some spaghetti at the wall and some will stick could well be what happened.  We have no idea if he'd be able to sustain results/goals long term by playing basketball for a full season.  Not saying it wouldn't work, just that very few Managers would risk their pay that way.  Keegan maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: