Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Doncaster Rovers Matchday Thread  (Read 19582 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:22:38 »

7 goals conceded in the last 3 games Macdonald hasn’t played.

bUt He CaNt PaSs…
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:23:17 »

Anthony Grant. Who cares you're a Spurs fan? You were a good player for us but you're a worse co -comm than Phil Smith. Coming across as a bit arrogant to me

And now commenting on Southampton. If he can't be arsed to watch this game he should be sitting at home on his phone.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:23:56 »

Well that was a mad 5mins that basically won the match for Donny.

Before today Donny were about 15th and Town 8th. Result pending, Donny go above Town into 9th and Town drop into 10th.

Whilst it's obviously not good enough reading for Town at present, he league is that shite (or possibly competitive Hmmm) that any team from right down to AFCW in 15th could quite possibly still make the final auto place. 12pts separate 13 teams.

Town are only 3pts off the POs as it stands and a couple of wins put them right in the PO mix again. Autos might seem a stretch at 10pts away...but still doable with a good run.

All it would take is 10 draws  Soapy Tit Wank

Wins😀

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:26:03 »

Don’t think I’ll be rushing back to the UK for the POs.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:26:16 »

One of the most sobering afternoons in some time at the County Ground. Dismal. I’m not sure what is more depressing - the absence of individual quality, or what seemed to be a plan to play “patient” possession football, with zero licence to create.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:26:51 »

Fed up with the "we're aiming for promotion " bollocks. How about telling the players. Think I'll spend my weekends being less stressed for this season.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:27:42 »

Sounds crap and completely flat. Maybe we can see if Artell is still available.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:28:25 »

Fed up with the "we're aiming for promotion " bollocks. How about telling the players. Think I'll spend my weekends being less stressed for this season.

When Sandro talks he reminds me of a second hand car salesman

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:29:27 »

Two poor sides, separated by a couple of sucker punches from the best player on either side. I'd be surprised if either side made the playoffs on that display, but you have to hope there's more to come from Town.

Only the second back-to-back losses of the season - Crewe and Crawley before that. Now two tough away games. Need four points, which is going to be a tough ask.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:30:21 »

Time for Sandro to fuck off, our January transfer business has been nothing short of shameful, one of the worst balanced squads we’ve ever had.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:31:51 »

Abysmal

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:32:29 »

One of the most sobering afternoons in some time at the County Ground. Dismal. I’m not sure what is more depressing - the absence of individual quality, or what seemed to be a plan to play “patient” possession football, with zero licence to create.

Can you see the likes of Cain and Darcy playing a different way?  The recruitment has been an utter shambles against any measure other than making a couple of quid quickly, or maybe very long term.  If the objective of the club was Promotion, the recruitment team never got the message.

For all the people who can, rightly, point at each individual departure and say it was the right thing to do, or they can be replaced etc.  The issue was we, by choice, dismantled a squad that had got into the play offs.  Not add to it, not sprinkle some development talent and extra immediate experience in where needed, no.  After several seasons of having to build a squad for every season on the fly due to finances/ownership issues, we finally had an off season where we could build.  Instead, we chose to rip and replace - and we all know how hard that can be and how hit and miss it can be down here.

Can Conroy, Hunt, Reed, McKirdy, Gladwin etc be replaced, of course they can.  Should you let them all go, probably not.

Austin aside, every signing has been a gamble.  Even Tomlinson - a good signing for the future (given he was injured) but knowing that he wasn't available, why on earth do you sign him to replace a first team player?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:32:44 »

Austin just put a booing fan in his place with support of fans around. calm verbal not physical
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:33:30 »

Not good, but you're not going to write off a manager on the basis of a couple of games with a braindead sending off and a weakened squad. We were desperately short of a CB and a defensive mid today. Khan will help but we're that short of cover we might need to sign a free agent CB at the least.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 16:34:18 »

When Sandro talks he reminds me of a second hand car salesman

There is nothing on his CV that makes me understand how he is in the position he is in.  I am not even sure how he'd get an interview if it came across the CEO's desk in an application process.  I have no idea what he is like as a person, it just looks very very odd to me.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: