Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Prutton - waste of space or midfield dynamo ?  (Read 15241 times)
blah blah

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:23:53 »

Been reading through the match day threads for yesterdays game, Saturdays shambles against Bournemouth and also the Peterboro game and I cant believe how divided opinion is on Prutton.

I personally think his performance against Peterboro was shocking, only a slight improvement against Bmuff and even in an excellent team performance yesterday there were many times when he didn't look interested, picked the wrong pass or lost the ball in decent positions.

I thought after a dodgy start with us he was improving but the last 3 games have got me really worried that we've got an expensive dud on our hands. Yet in the matchday threads, some people are praising him and even saying he was MoM !

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:26:42 »

Inconsistent.

Thread End.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:26:56 »

Absolute class last night - needs to play with that tempo every game
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:27:21 »

Sometimes he has a bad hair day
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:29:23 »

He's like a physical mixture of douglas and ferry, but without the technical ability of either

Things get better but they never get good
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:32:57 »

Absolute class last night - needs to play with that tempo every game

Really ? All I saw was him strut around the middle of the park for 90% of the time, making the occasional interception or a storming run upfield, only to lose it or turn and pass backwards.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:41:19 »

Really ? All I saw was him strut around the middle of the park for 90% of the time, making the occasional interception or a storming run upfield, only to lose it or turn and pass backwards.

His box to box runs last night were excellent, he was a good support for Charlie and there were only a couple of times when I can remember him misplacing a pass.  The 3 centre mids (Timlin, Prutton and Ferry) last night won us the game by bossing Charlton.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:47:56 »

I rate him, but I want to see him further up the pitch rather than deep even though he can play both positions. He's got a goal or two in him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 15:54:42 »

Both. That's the problem
spacey

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:20:04 »

I think he's a space dynamo
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:23:35 »

I rate him, but I want to see him further up the pitch rather than deep even though he can play both positions. He's got a goal or two in him.

I agree.

I'm one of those that thought he had a good game last night. Evidently we all see things differently.

Against Peterborough he was gash, no doubt in that at all. He'd obviously been slotted in as a direct replacement for Douglas and that's just not his game (IMO). The same can be said for the Bournemouth game really, it looked like Prutton had been told to hold defensively and let Ferry get forward.

Last night seemed to be different and he looked to be playing in the hole just behind Charlie, leaving Ferry and Timlin to do all the donkey work. Quite often he was the furthest man forward, made some intelligent runs and opened up space for Austin, Ritchie and O'Brien.

Craigo276

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:25:49 »

Played well last night however haven't seen enough this season. Seems too light on the ball and hasn't got the technical game of any of our other centre men. Do with leaving him on the bench as a 20 minute man
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:29:16 »

It's all down to where he plays. For me he's best playing in an attacking midfield role and he's more suited to the wing than a defensive midfield role. Not convinced he was playing in the hole behind Austin last night, but that is the position I'd like to see him being given a run in - the best chance of the 4-5-1 continuing to work for us.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:45:52 »

As I originally said, I agree that last night was his best performance of the 3, but I still think Ferry & possibly Timlin would edge him if I were to give them each a score out of ten.

Lets see what Danny goes with - if he persists with 5 in midfield, maybe the tip of the diamond or in the hole whatever you want to call it, could prove to be Pruttons best position. But as it stands at the moment, if I were to drop one of those 3 to bring Douglas in, I think it would be DP, even though neither Ferry or Timlin are really suited to that more advanced role
adje

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 16:47:27 »

Dont like him-not very good and definitely not worth what some people are saying he's on.DW loves him though and still reckons he will get goals for us.Cant see it personally

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: