Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 22415 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:14:23 »

Quote from: DiV
Gav Gunning (small sample size I know) hit the ground running.
This team / squad is definitely capable of better.
It just seems we are trying to make our team a passing possession team when we’d be better of being an up and at them team.

he did have a slightly better squad to pick from.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but it's not quite clear cut.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:17:06 »

Not read back yet but looking at Wobbly Bob's report, missed opportunity is very much how I see things. I was mulling over the game whilst supping on my Irish coffee last night and I can't help thinking that had Angus Mac been in the centre of our defence last night, we wouldn't have let those 3 points slip. Sutton were not very good at all but we didn't manage out the game at all. I think Jody Morris has to learn how to do that as well, surely with 10 minutes to play, that's when players need to break up the game, draw in fouls, get the physio on a few times, slow the game down and kill it. We didn't do that and ended up paying the price, not once but twice. 2 games in a row we've conceded 2 quick goals, I don't think we do that with Angus Macdonald on the pitch.

Positives - Mceachran looks classy and Charlie scored a lovely goal, I thought Khan was quiet but on the ball showed some good ability. It was a shame Wakeling couldn't take advantage of his 2 half chances, you felt that if Jonny Williams was on the pitch he's have been following up to bury any rebounds. It wasn't the worst performance in the world but naive not to see out the win, and catastrophic not to take a point. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:17:17 »

Spine and experience has been mentioned, that's Gladwin and MacDonald right there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:17:19 »

“When I came to the club we had experience and I had players to lean on. We are now in a very different position” - Charlie Austin. Says it all. Something at this club is not right at all, this is Power-esque
I didn't hear it, but are you sure he's referring to this time and bit when he joined us the first time when he was a young pup?

edit: should have read to end of the thread, it's already been discussed
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:17:32 »

One thing I think a lot are overlooking is the fact Clem should be as equally to blame/held to account over this. Sandro will be operating the profit above success mantra driven from the very top.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:18:29 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Lindsey has to take a lot of the blame. Whether Sandra foists players on him or not he stated he preferred small, technical players. Well, we’ve got loads of them and this is the result.

did he through, or has that brief come from the management?

genuine question.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:21:13 »

I didn't hear it, but are you sure he's referring to this time and bit when he joined us the first time when he was a young pup?

He's either comparing his return to his first time here, or he could be meaning we have lost all our experienced heads during this season. Could be either tbh.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:27:55 »

One thing I think a lot are overlooking is the fact Clem should be as equally to blame/held to account over this. Sandro will be operating the profit above success mantra driven from the very top.

I don't think the mantra is wrong necessarily, but the implementation has.

Did we establish who Chris Kiely is/was?
DMC

« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:34:48 »

Some big changes needed at the club. I hope and think we will see some in the next 7 days.

What needs to happen here is Clem come out and say look i have made mistakes with the right intentions, make moves to fix them and then we have to start again as this year is a right off now imo
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:36:18 »

Thats the season over, wasnt even angry on the journey home which says a lot. Resigned to this cesspit of a league for at least another year, more if the strategy doesnt change.

You can preach about moneyball and a wonderful medical setup as much as you like but the fact is you dont get out of the trenches with boys. Need some real men to get out of this league.

Mentality lost us that game, not ability.

Weak, feeble setup. Having them running around Lawn Woods all week and not letting the cunts see a ball until Saturday would be more effective than our pussy softly softly approach right now.

Need some proper communication from the senior management at the club to explain the thinking behind the recruitment and what the strategy is to put it right in the summer, at present its 4x season tickets not getting renewed here.  Bad Mood
DMC

« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:38:14 »

Oh and the 2 players just stood there for that second goal should be ashamed of themslves just stood there watching him stab it in. I think it was Ellis and Hutton, ironically our most experienced players on the pitch
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:38:30 »

I’d really love to know how the model chooses the right pieces of the puzzle rather than just mashing together a load of talent who don’t belong together in a team. Anybody with an ounce of knowledge on League 2 knows that you go up by having a spine of a team that includes a big (preferably experienced) centre half and a ball winning midfielder. We have neither
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:39:42 »

He's either comparing his return to his first time here, or he could be meaning we have lost all our experienced heads during this season. Could be either tbh.

I guess either way the point was the same, but if he was talking about now it could imply slight frustation at what's happened - but given we don't know that's not worth considering.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:42:35 »

I can absolutely see we need to sell to keep afloat. I'm sure everyone can.

Where I struggle is limiting ourselves to only one type of player - sometimes you have to accept a 26-30 year old might be best for the job, but we might not make money on him.

Is that an unreasonable thing? Can we no longer afford to do that?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:43:29 »

Yeah the mantra isn't wrong at all and it's all on the implementation. Personally, it's a model I prefer as well, just needs 2/3 more experienced heads to balance it out better.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: