Pages: 1 ... 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1214400 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8265 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 14:04:01 »

Isn't that bamboo sans chapeau?

Hahaha not quite, wouldn't see me dead in fucking sheepskin jacket. I have a mate who looks very similar (in attire and physical look) to him though.

Plus, I do own hair under mon chapeau  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8266 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 14:22:03 »

Isn't that bamboo sans chapeau?

I worry about him (Wiggins not Bamboo!)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8267 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 14:22:55 »

I worry about him (Wiggins not Bamboo!)

Hang on, the picture of that bald fella with the ginger beard is Bradley Wiggins?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 15:25:20 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hunk

« Reply #8268 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 15:00:43 »

Bloody hell I’m deeply dippy now. At first I thought it was Right said Fred, then bamboo, but now I read the bombshell it’s Bradley Wiggins, for some reason!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8269 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 15:25:50 »

Bloody hell I’m deeply dippy now. At first I thought it was Right said Fred, then bamboo, but now I read the bombshell it’s Bradley Wiggins, for some reason!

And he's clearly too sexy for a shirt either!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8270 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 09:15:26 »

My kids school sent home another year today.

In work, yr 8s and yr 9s off. Two thirds of year 7 only in.

The number of cases in youngsters is definitely rising. We have had more cases in the last week than the whole 18 months or so before.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #8271 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 13:28:29 »

GWH just shut down one ward for possible 14 days.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre

Ignore
« Reply #8272 on: Friday, July 9, 2021, 17:38:17 »

At risk of being called a Dick again, I have seen quite a few pubs and restaurants closing today due to having to quarantine in South Devon. This is bound to escalate in the coming days/weeks I'd guess.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8273 on: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 09:49:09 »

Childrens ward nurses are being re-trained and enhanced training for Respiratory devices. They predict the childrens ward to go to black in august. Scary times.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #8274 on: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 09:58:03 »

What do you mean by 'go black'?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8275 on: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 10:01:36 »

They have escalation ratings. Black means full to capacity, with turning people away.

it's scary. There seems to be more yoof affected, yet no news on vaccinating them.

And i'm not trying to scare monger, just stating the facts. i personally think, the restrictions are being lifted too soon but that's my opinion.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 10:06:28 by Sippo » Logged

Flashheart

« Reply #8276 on: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 10:05:10 »

Ah.

That does not sound at all good.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8277 on: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 10:45:36 »

My kids school sent home another year today.

In work, yr 8s and yr 9s off. Two thirds of year 7 only in.

The number of cases in youngsters is definitely rising. We have had more cases in the last week than the whole 18 months or so before.

Same with my fiancees school. Pretty much 70% of them isolating including teachers.

Worth noting that none of them are seriously ill at all, and almost all of them have no symptoms.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #8278 on: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 10:57:27 »

Just see what is currently happening in Fiji when is situation simply gets out of control.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8279 on: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 12:46:06 »

They have escalation ratings. Black means full to capacity, with turning people away.

it's scary. There seems to be more yoof affected, yet no news on vaccinating them.

And i'm not trying to scare monger, just stating the facts. i personally think, the restrictions are being lifted too soon but that's my opinion.
Surely a big part of this is the immunity debt that has built up to other virus and diseases that people haven't had over the last 18 months as much as COVID as lockdowns and reduced social contact has consequences.  There was always going to be a spike when opening, it's unfortunate the delta variant has made the spike bigger but if you can get it out of the way by the end of August before schools go back and autumn/winter sets in where colds and flu become an issue then it does seem the right call.

If we don't do it now it'll end up being Spring 2022 at the earliest and then it's in excess of 2 years living under restrictions which is unfair on the majority and that's not factoring in any new variant that could come along and drag things out further. Supressing it just delays the inevitable, the EU is a good example of that where they kept tighter restrictions in place to try and keep out the delta variant but it course still got in and now all their case rates are rising.
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: