Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Embargo  (Read 2561 times)
red macca

« on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 14:11:22 »

Does not seem to have effected us until now, think we are going to struggle to get anything in player wise until the 12th onwards, Just think that chances are we would have had signed cox by now and could of sorted a few issues out in the first couple of weeks instead of having to wait til midway through the month
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 14:15:02 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Does not seem to have effected us until now, think we are going to struggle to get anything in player wise until the 12th onwards, Just think that chances are we would have had signed cox by now and could of sorted a few issues out in the first couple of weeks instead of having to wait til midway through the month

I was thinking something similar....its annoying, but don't think there's much we can do about it until the 11th.

I think Cox may very well start for Reading in the Cup on Sat, judging by what Kitson had to say on the Beeb site.   So that may help a bit.
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 14:23:28 »

Still havnt heard much about Paynter? Obviously we have his registration, but legally would BEST own him or what?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 14:24:18 »

they can have him
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 15:16:54 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Still havnt heard much about Paynter? Obviously we have his registration, but legally would BEST own him or what?

Paynter is our player, BEST don't own any players they are agents for the 3 amigo's

Reading want Cox back for a couple of weeks so I expect Coppell can talk to him and watch him in training to decide if he has improved enough for premier football - I think he would probably do a decent job in the championship but not the premier yet but hopefully he will fancy the prospect of signing for us and getting a promotion on his CV in the next year or 2.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:02:06 »

Quote from: "red macca"

There's plenty of examples of players agreeing to sign in December although the deal doesn't formally go thru until Jan 1st, this could be very similar - ie although we won't be able to get anyone in before the embargo's lifted, that doesn't mean we can't talk to players/agents/clubs etc and have agreements in place. As long as they're convinced they want to come here and that the embargo will be lifted, it should only delay them signing rather than meaning we lose out altogether. Where we're going to lose out is with players who aren't that fussed whether they come here or <insert name of club competing for same player> and who want something tied up quickly.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 18:27:55 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Paynter is our player, BEST don't own any players they are agents for the 3 amigo's

Do we know this?
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 18:30:31 »

Also when the new manager is in place when ever that is he is going to want access the players he has at his disposal before getting anyone in so that shortens the time limit of getting any new faces  in.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 21:37:54 »

Does anyone actually know why we're under an embargo?  I'm sure i read somewhere that AF said it was 'complicated' and that he had to speak to the FL about it.  I thought the only reason teams were put under embargoes was when they owed other clubs cash.  Does any know of any other reasons?  And who do we owe cash to??
Marty McFly

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 21:51:59 »

Quote from: "ExeRed"
Does anyone actually know why we're under an embargo?  I'm sure i read somewhere that AF said it was 'complicated' and that he had to speak to the FL about it.  I thought the only reason teams were put under embargoes was when they owed other clubs cash.  Does any know of any other reasons?  And who do we owe cash to??

Dont we still owe Cheltenham money?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 00:04:00 »

I'm not sure tbh. It could be more than that. It could be failing to meet the CVA on time or something. It's obvious the embargo cannot be lifted until the takeover is comfirmed for definate.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 08:27:11 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"

I'm not sure tbh. It could be more than that. It could be failing to meet the CVA on time or something. It's obvious the embargo cannot be lifted until the takeover is comfirmed for definate.

I believe it is both due to the CVA being outstanding and the footballing debts when both are settled I think the embargo gets lifted.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 08:38:14 »

Quote from: "Marty McFly"

Dont we still owe Cheltenham money?

I think all football debts were paid under the old regime as it came out of money's owed for each round of the cup etc that come from the FL and was taken out of that.

I beleive we was put in embargo due to non payment of football debts and the CVA being overdue, so until the CVA is paid off you would imagine it will nto be lifted although surely once they have agreed a deal with HMRC today then all monies can be paid off as agreed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: