Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Excellent News  (Read 4536 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 10:29:02 »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11758_3016682,00.html

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 10:45:56 »

I have to say I'm warming to the idea of Allen. His record's not phenominal, but he's taken Brentford the play-offs enough times to know what it's all about.

And I just love Coxy's viewpoint: Yes he's a cunt, but he'd be our cunt.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 10:50:45 »

Theres nothing clever about being a cunt. regardless of the ownership of said cunt

- He's never actually achieved anything
- His teams play dire, direct football and constantly cheat and presurise referees. MK really were the modern day wimbledon last season in more ways than one
- He's a world class cunt
- Whitbread was a shit player and is also a cunt.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 10:50:48 »

What does it say in a nutshell? (work blocks that site)

Although Allen would be 'our cunt' we've looked better than ever going forward when the ball is played on the deck, I'm still unsure than Allen is the answer.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 10:52:30 »

Martin Allen has told skysports.com that he has not heard from Swindon Town over their vacant manager's job.

Paul Sturrock left the Robins to return to Plymouth Argyle in November and Allen found himself immediately linked with the post.

Sturrock had left the club due to their financial troubles, but former Brentford and Leicester boss Allen - nicknamed 'Mad Dog' - has admitted that he is interested in the job and is waiting for the club to contact him.

Hold up

"I haven't heard anything from them," he said.

"I've no idea what the hold up has been as regards them appointing anybody.

"They know I'm available and they know my telephone number so if they want me I'm sure they will ring me up and come and ask me to do the job."

Anxious for return

David Byrne has been in temporary charge of the side since Sturrock's departure and after a shaky start has guided them to the FA Cup third round and a four-game unbeaten run.

However, an experienced coach is likely to brought in and Allen hopes that it will be him the club choose, once the new owners get round to making a decision.

"They've only just been taken over and I'm sure they've got a lot on their plate," he said.

"I did enjoy my break, but I'm anxious to get back in and get back working and I would love to do so with Swindon Town."
magic8ball

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 10:52:33 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
What does it say in a nutshell? (work blocks that site)

Although Allen would be 'our cunt' we've looked better than ever going forward when the ball is played on the deck, I'm still unsure than Allen is the answer.

Just says that although he has applied, Allen has yet to be contacted by Swindon about the managers job.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 11:00:39 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Theres nothing clever about being a cunt. regardless of the ownership of said cunt

- His teams play dire, direct football and constantly cheat and presurise referees. MK really were the modern day wimbledon last season in more ways than one

:goodpost:
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 14:13:26 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
I have to say I'm warming to the idea of Allen. His record's not phenominal, but he's taken Brentford the play-offs enough times to know what it's all about.

I did actually 'borrow' that quote from someone on here.....

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 14:26:31 »

allen would in time be a cult hero here.
our fans would end up loving him i'm sure of it.
i'd prefer cotterill mind
Sussex

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 14:35:47 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

I did actually 'borrow' that quote from someone on here.....

Think it may have been when I 'borrowed' it from a Plymouth fan commenting on Sturrocks return  Cheesy
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 15:57:34 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"

yet when dennis wise took over none of these things applied did they? i dont really see why people are getting their knickers in such a twist about allen. we could do much much worse

Things get better but they never get good
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:00:46 »

i think the point is that we can do much better - when Wise came along it was a bit out of the blue and looked a good thing for us at the time
Glostered

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:01:40 »

And Wise was a FAR more successful player and had taken a team to an FA Cup final as a manager.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:03:26 »

His teams play shit football.

That, not the fact that he's an arrogant, self-important egotist is why I don't want the cunt here.............

It's All Good..............
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 3, 2008, 16:06:59 »

yeh, and wise and sturrock play like brazil...

it doesn't matter what you did as a player, management is something completley different. If your going season-by-season, allen is actually more succesfull than wise, so...

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: