Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Azerbaijan  (Read 2041 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 18:24:54 »

I reckon we'll win 2-0 tonight. I am sure many people are expecting us to roast these minnows, but when was the last time we gave anyone a massive tonking? (Dan Marino I suspect!)

On a seperate issue, Scottish TV interviewed my mate and I in the pub before the Scotland v Italy game on saturday. I lied through my teeth and said I thought Scotland may do well and scrape a 0-0 and as an Englishman, wished Walter and his team all the best, just so I would get on TV. Did it work.........................................................Huh?

Did it buggery!!

My mate got on tv though! Bloody hun!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 21:06:36 »

good guess!  Cool
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 21:20:09 »

I knew we wouldn't break any records. It was obvious that it wasn't going to happen.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 21:44:47 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I knew we wouldn't break any records. It was obvious that it wasn't going to happen.

Well if we had taken all of our many chances, we may have done!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 21:45:39 »

Not a bad game but first half was very frustrating as we spent the entire 45 minutes in the Azerbaijan half created loads of chances but didn't take any.  Lampard was unlucky not to score. Second half was much better, great play from Rooney again to setup our first.

Was unbelievably onesided, Azerbaijan never even had the ball for more than a few seconds.

Could've easily had a few more but the win is what matters.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 21:53:24 »

The first goal was great all round. First of all Beckham held the ball away from 3 players, turned, ran 30 yards. Then played an inch perfect ball to Rooney who took on two players, chipped the ball back on his left foot and Gerrard blasted it in. Although Gerrard says he miss-hit it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 31, 2005, 20:08:06 »

Most boring game ever

The England players didnt leave first gear (not that they needed to) the game was too much sideways passing, no urgency and considering there was close to 50,000 there the atmposhere was crap....one chant eng-ger-land eng-ger-land orginal and eventive...
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 31, 2005, 20:10:35 »

it wasn't much better against ireland. Me and a few mates tried starting a few chants but got fuck all back from the people around us, apart from the northern ireland fans above us who believe i'm a little overweight  Oops  :evil:

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 31, 2005, 20:19:06 »

Fans at England games usualy are shite! Hopefully when there's 90,000 at Wembley it will be different! Soapy Tit Wank
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 31, 2005, 20:39:07 »

I've seen England play about 10 times and the atmosphere is generally not that great. The best one was at wembley for the euro 2000 qualifier against Poland when Scholes scored a hattrick. :shock: The 6-0 win against Luxembourg was ok too but I was sitting right next to the band. Still nothing like as good as when we won the playoffs there though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 31, 2005, 20:40:09 »

Maybe they shuld just sell tickets to Swindon and Leicester fans?!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 31, 2005, 20:41:58 »

The leicester fans were shit, all the atmosphere was from the Swindon fans even at 3-3. Leicester fans should be banned from seeing England. All Swindon fans is the way to go. :beers
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 31, 2005, 20:42:53 »

:beers   Tongue
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 31, 2005, 20:47:56 »

Good logic but can't imagine 68,000 Town fans travelling up to Old Trafford can you?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: