Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grant Smith saga takes another twist.  (Read 5569 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 14:10:21 »

Gordon Smith on a piece of string!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 16:52:38 »

to smith:  :fu:  if he does sign for city, hopefully alot of we hate smith chants will be made up!!  :x
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 16:58:46 »

Some people need reminding of the fact, that at the AGM King announced that Smith would not be offered a new contract, because King didn't think he was good enough.

In my opinion this means that Smith is perfectly entitled to do whatever he thinks is necessary to secure further employment elsewhere...........
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:42:57 »

Not really, as he was big enough to change his mind and offered him a contract anyway.

It's my understanding that he was asked whether Smith would be offered a contract, a bizarre question with half the season left but as at that time Smith hadn't done much to suggest he'd be worth one, he said he should be able to work that one out or something smilar.

Perhaps that's what motivated him to finally start playing.

The fact is that Smith has said several times since then and even after getting his offer how much he would "love to stay" and "repay the fans". So I think he deserves any criticism he gets.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:55:04 »

But they all say how much they love the fans, kiss the badge etc.....its not something that should be taken seriously in 99% of cases..

It happens in all walks of life.....you say how much you like a job. the people you work with etc, thenlook for a better offer and move on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 18:03:52 »

Good luck to Smith, not the same for City obviously. He'll get some stick off me if he goes there but deep down I don't blame him.

It not like Smith is a life long Swindon fan. Afer a year and a half getting spliners on the bench, and offered what seems to be a reduced terms dubious length contract then he'd be mental not to listen to better offers.

The only loyal people in football are the fans in terms of team loyalty. Even Alan 'I love Leeds I do' Smith was trempted to join one of their biggest rivals. Completely different circumstances in some ways but no supporter would contemplate doing the same.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 18:05:42 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
But they all say how much they love the fans, kiss the badge etc.....its not something that should be taken seriously in 99% of cases..

It happens in all walks of life.....you say how much you like a job. the people you work with etc, thenlook for a better offer and move on.

Sure that's very true  but that doesn't mean you can't hate them for it when they do leave. :smile1:

Football is fickle.
DMR

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 18:36:04 »

Adios you greedy jock bastard.

Nice goals but I won't really miss you. I always thought you were a bit pap anyway.

Plus City think you're a winger  
alex

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 20:53:47 »

one thing to say to smith...
 :fu:
brizzle shitty arse wipe... not that i'm bitter or anything
STFC Village

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 21:37:06 »

I think i could forgive Smudge for leaving, even if he is amongst our top players. You can't blame any player for wanting to further their career/want more money. But if he goes to brizzle shity, i'm goin to give him more stick than i do to Scott "i'm cocky, but for no good reason, as i'm crap" Murray.  :fu: Smith!!!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 10:12:39 »

I do not blame Smith for wanting to leave. BUT why did he have to make such a big deal over wanting to stay and repaying the fans if he wasn't going to do it?

If King had done something similar you would all have been slagging him off for the next 3 years for it.

And why do players always have to leave us for our rivals?!

Shaun Taylor, Joey Beauchamp, Tommy Mooney, Matty Heywood, Grant Smith?
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 11:10:03 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
And why do players always have to leave us for our rivals?!

With the possible exception of Gillingham (at least in their eyes), Our rivals are our rivals because of their proximity to our club, hence a move to a rival club for one of our players requires minimal relocation / adjustment.

Also in the eyes of the rival club, a player poached from an adversary  is likely to have instant hero status amongst the fans without any real consideration of performance or ability (in the early stages at least).

Or that's how I see it.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 12:03:52 »

What like Christian Roberts is a hero at Swindon you mean?!
I se your point (apart from that bit) but you don't often see 3 players going to rival clubs in the space of 12 months.

Its just annoying. In my opinion Heywood wasn't that bad but is replaceable. Mooney is a cunt, and Smith should make a decision soon. I would dearly love himt o stay but he's really pissed me off recently with all his "I would love to stay here" "I love the fans" when this clearly isn't true.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, May 30, 2005, 14:50:56 »

if he stays, we're sorted. if he goes, we're fucked, and he's a cunt.

larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 08:10:17 »

I just wish he'd hurry up and make a decision.All i would ask is that he dosen't go to city otherwise every swindon supporter is going to hate him.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: