Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Verbal Offer For Parkin, Hull  (Read 1963 times)
Elsterap

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 19:33:27 »

Hull City could be ready to smash their club record transfer fee to sign Swindon Town striker Sam Parkin.

Swindon have received an offer for the 25-year-old which is believed to be in the region of £450,000.

Now, that has fired speculation the Tigers have moved back in for the Robins hitman.

Manager Peter Taylor had a £250,000 bid rejected last June but has refused to rule out a move for Parkin this summer as he looks to bolster his squad for the Championship.

Swindon have refused to identify the club involved in the latest development, but it is only a verbal offer at this stage.

Swindon manager Andy King has told the mystery bidders to submit an offer in writing, before he will let the transfer move any further.

When asked directly about the link with City, King said: "Hull came in last year and I don't see why all of a sudden Peter Taylor would change his mind in 12 months because the boy has got the goals.

"He's done it consistently every year and he's the best player in the division."

Parkin said he could not comment on the situation although there are suggestions he would be prepared to quit Swindon who failed to clinch a play-off place in League One this term.

He said: "The manager has not said anything to me but I'm sure he'll tell me when there's anything concrete."

Unconfirmed reports suggest several other clubs are tracking Parkin, including Championship rivals Reading and QPR.

It was thought Reading's interest cooled two weeks ago amid speculation they had been told Parkin would cost in the region of £700,000.

But it has now emerged Swindon would accept a smaller fee for their star striker, who is believed to have a release clause in his contract.

Taylor has indicated he wants to bring in up to six new signings this summer.

City chairman Adam Pearson had banned Taylor and the players from speaking to the Mail because of a dispute related to his investment in a prospective radio station.

But sources suggest Taylor is particularly keen to add a proven goalscorer to his squad.

City do have funds available but it's likely a £400,000 bid for Parkin would blow a sizeable hole in Taylor's budget.

If City do sign the striker, it would break City's previous record transfer fee of £250,000 which Brian Little paid Leicester City for Lawrie Dudfield.

The Tigers have been linked with a host of strikers but it's understood Parkin would fit within their existing wage structure.

Link

First of many hopefuly, as he will inevitably leave.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 19:45:10 »

I dont want him to go to Hull its to Northern he wont like it.

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 19:51:52 »

I did a quiz recently in which one question was....which English city was described in the 19th century as a small fishing village at the end of a railway siding?

SSP is definitely going, so if Hull offer the best terms he may well end up there.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 20:04:26 »

Id like him to go to Qpr they're a good club.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 20:31:18 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

Don't think they have the wonga or Watford who have been siffing.

DMR

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 20:37:11 »

Quote from: "dazzza"

Yeh but if they sell Helgusson (sp?) then they'll

a. have money
b. need a stiker
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 20:43:06 »

Quote from: "dazzza"

Is wonga the currency unit of Wongo....famed for its wild women

http://www.oldies.com/images/boxart/large/4/089218450791.jpg
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 21:45:35 »

If all the  posters on this forum put in 10-20thousand each, then we could buy sam parkin.

That would be fun
SwindonStevo

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 14:43:48 »

obviously we dont want him to go to reading but we cant blame him if he does and there not really any sort of rivals of ours...id like it if he went to watford. the cash is the biggest aspect of it from our point of view. anything less than 400k is awfull. 400-600 could do better 600-750 is a good deal and anything above 750 means were probs dreaming
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 15:02:10 »

SwindonStevo, is it not the case though that all a club has to do is offer the release clause value for him and we are contractually obliged to release him. Or is that what you ment.

Current guess is circa £350-400K from people who suggest they are 'informed' sources (i.e. they made itr up!). Goodness knows how much % of is reserved as sell on, i.e. cash going  back to chelsea.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 15:07:18 »

We have to let him speak to clubs that offer the release clause ,technicaly we dont have to sell him though.

/
W56196272
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 15:08:25 »

I'm fairly confident that Chelsea will waver the sell on clause in the contract, it's been done before, I seem to remember the Egiogu transfer to 'Boro was subject to a sell on clause to WBA(?) which the Baggies later wavered.  In that instance they were taking millions, whereas here we are talking a couple of hundred thousand - two weeks wages to some Chelsea players.  Surely they dont need it!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 15:10:57 »

they dont. the sell on clause is about 25% i reckon
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 15:11:16 »

Actually its all gone quiet about that young lad who Chelsea were interested in hasnt it,I wonder if a deal has been cut prior to Parkins sale.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 15:18:01 »

I don't think Watford would be such a great career move.  They tend to hover around mid-table at the moment and have a bit of a cash crisis at present.

Hull would present a better move, they have an ambitious chairman and have the structure in place to keep the club on the rise.  Should really be challenging for the PO's in a couple of seasons, where Watford unless they have a major clear out will be expected to once again be mid-table.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: