Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Heywood  (Read 1623 times)
stfc11

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 16:55:35 »

He's off then, apparently wasn't happy with the length of his contract and has got better offers.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 17:37:28 »

Am personally surprised by that, as I don't rate Heywood particularly highly and wouldn't have thought he could have achieved a better off elsewhere.  Will be interested to see where he goes, but I don't think they will have a particularly good signing.  Heywood is very much a confidence player and is useless with a football - he's a big lump who can head it, yet he can't score from corners!  To suit the way we play under King, we need footballers, and those centre-backs come in the shape of Ifil and O'Hanlon.  A defender such as Dyche, with more experience but roughly the same pace as Heywood, perhaps would fit the bill provided we could get them relatively cheaply as chances are they'll be warming the bench for much of the season.

I know many people on here rate Heywood so I await to be shot down, but I think that at times when Town have struggled he has not been one to stand up and lead us into battle.  Moreover, he's made costly mistakes which have lost the team points - need I point to the Bristol City home game last season for one of his numerous high-profile mistakes?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 18:28:17 »

Heywood is very good in the air, that is all

If he did go, it would be interesting to see how we would play. I think we look better with 3 centre backs...a back three of O'Hanlon, Ifil & Jenkins could work quite well actually...Nicho/Duke/Lapham making up the wing backs...
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 20:18:17 »

Captain today, anyone read into that as Heywood bing given responsiblity and prestige to try and keep him away form the clutches of Bristol City?

here's the man himself when you need him?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 20:22:43 »

This is really a worrying time now. Heywood is the first to reject his contract. I think more will follow.  Sad

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 20:23:12 »

Quote from: "Reeves for King"
Captain today, anyone read into that as Heywood bing given responsiblity and prestige to try and keep him away form the clutches of Bristol City?

Not really, O'Hanlon was out so there wasnt much choice, had to be either Parkin, Stef or Heywood really.
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 17:01:20 »

Good luck to him.

He's been a good solid reliable servant over the past few years and while he never went on to build on that superb first season he had nevertheless he’s been a steady performer at the back while other have often lost their way.

Will be a shame to see him playing for Shitty next season and it looks like a case of when rather than if.

No doubt the money will be a lot better where ever he goes.

Leaves the back line looking a little sparse for next season, O’Hanlon, Ifil and Nicholas are a very young back line, we could really do with some experience to steady the ship.  Possibly a chance to get a real talker and leader on the pitch.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 17:04:06 »

Although he's hardly set the town alight he is a decnt enough player and will be missed, especially the way things look for next year
adje

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 18:24:24 »

Wont miss him at all-one good season(his first)-downhill after that.Most frustrating player to watch

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 19:08:55 »

Only time will tell how much we miss him. I personally dont think he is that great. But it depends who we get in as a replacement. Steven Watt at Chelski is available

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 21:30:03 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Good luck to him.

He's been a good solid reliable servant over the past few years and while he never went on to build on that superb first season he had nevertheless he’s been a steady performer at the back while other have often lost their way.

Will be a shame to see him playing for Shitty next season and it looks like a case of when rather than if.

No doubt the money will be a lot better where ever he goes.

Leaves the back line looking a little sparse for next season, O’Hanlon, Ifil and Nicholas are a very young back line, we could really do with some experience to steady the ship.  Possibly a chance to get a real talker and leader on the pitch.

Steve Jenkins?

I think he could fill the 3rd centre back role, and by all accounts is a talker and expirenced defender...

I think, if our current squad stays as it is Jenks will be vital next season
Dazzza

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 22:13:54 »

Not keen on three at the back it's not been the greatest of formations for us and the players have said they prefer a flat back four.  Big problem is always filling those wing back positions where you really need men for the job.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: