Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Mate  (Read 2736 times)
fatbury

« on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:20:53 »

Just wanted to pay my respects and say RIP to the great racehorse who sadly died yesterday after a race

Very sad story

Bye Matey

:crying:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:26:00 »

I was listening to Moylesy earlier and I got to say I kinda agree with the big fat yorkshire bastard.  Whilst it's "sad" I don't really get how people can call it a tragedy and shed tears about it.  He went over the top a bit, as per normal, but I get what he meant.
McLovin

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:26:43 »

it's just a horse, at the end of the day.
Asher

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:28:15 »

Harve to agree on this one.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:29:45 »

As a nation we are in danger of losing our stiff upper lip attitude and we're all slowly turning into crying over emotional mummies boys.  

Come on fella, worse things happen at sea.

Some things in life are sad, they can really make you mad, other things just make you swear and curse, when you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle, and this'll help things turn out for the best...........
spacey

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:31:01 »

It's a well known fact that horses love dying.Family fortunes did a survey where they asked 100 people ' if horses could talk what would they say?'.Top with 53% was 'break my legs and shoot me', 2nd on 31% was 'make me run 'til my heart explodes'.

You can't argue with stats like that!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:32:16 »

Quality post!
Northern Red

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:37:57 »

4 minutes silence at all race meeting occuring before Christmas.
Best Mate fund launched to build a memorial roundabout.
Best Mate tribute race to be launched - horses race continually until the first one dies - winner declared by vet.

As they said - its sad, but its just a horse...
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:44:49 »

I have horses, have worked with horses and I am a keen racing fan and I think for you to say it is just a horse then just shows you don't understand.  I spend hours looking after my horse and riding him, we do a lot together and if I lost him, I would have a big empty hole in my life. Worse than losing a cat or dog believe me as I have lost both! You may laugh and think I am gay or something but that is your opinion, you have to understand that Best mate was a quality racehorse, when he ran he was followed by thousands because he was the best, he was brave and had a big heart and never liked to be beaten he was like the Ronaldnhio of the racing world.  His death has been a big blow to the racing world because they have lost the best, There isn't going to much excitement for us racing fans this season now.

I would expect comments like that from some of you because you do not follow the sport, so you don't understand that this type of horse doesn't come along too often and that when they do, they mean something to people.   Just think how you would feel if Rory Fallon died or something.

Before you moan at me, remember how you feel when people who know nothing about football try to put down the sport or players that you believe in, it is well frustrating and you want to twat them one most of the time.

p.s what the fuck does chris moyles know?  his show this morning consisted of talking about milking cows for fuck sake.
McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:46:20 »

Rory Fallon's dead?! :shock:
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:47:06 »

I said if
fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:47:14 »

Hear Hear Birdy!! :king:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:47:45 »

He was making a point Birdy.  

All I'm trying to say is when someone says it's a tragedy in my opinion they're taking it a bit too far.  If a 5,000 horses were all gunned down by some anti-horse terrorist league then yeah I could understand that.  But one horse dying, just like one person dying, does not make it a national disaster.
Asher

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:48:17 »

I found the milking cows part educational birdy
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 09:50:09 »

What I am trying to say though Jan, but when they say tragedy, they mean a tragedy for the racing world and to racing fans, not society.  The pakistan earth quake was a tragedy, notice the difference?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: