Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper admits keeper Foderingham could be on his way  (Read 6297 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:08:35 »

I'd imagine, it's quite simply a case of needing some cash to pay wages and bills etc.

If that's the case fair enough. I just find it strange that we NEED to sell (and £500k would be relatively cheap IMO) only a couple of months after paying money out for a player in the last window.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:09:12 »

I don't see how that could be anything other than a disappointing amount.

Are we back in a Ritchie situation, got to sell to survive (given the Adidas rumours, etc) ? If we have to, then we have to. But lets not pretend its anything other than a bit crap.
Completely agree. What adidas rumours?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:09:34 »

If that's the case fair enough. I just find it strange that we NEED to sell (and £500k would be relatively cheap IMO) only a couple of months after paying money out for a player in the last window.
Assuming we did. And if we did, wouldn't that make it all the more likely we'd need money coming in?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:11:11 »

It's a gamble, probably set against having a bit of a cup run, as soon as that went west, things look different.
kerry red

« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:12:06 »

Still the gamble of the Paint Pot
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:15:02 »

Still the gamble of the Paint Pot

You don't really make major money out of the PP unless reaching the final. We should know before January, how that might look.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:28:25 »

It's a gamble, probably set against having a bit of a cup run, as soon as that went west, things look different.

Shame if that is the case. A cup run should be a bonus to the coffers, not a gamble with the budget.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:34:20 »

Shame if that is the case. A cup run should be a bonus to the coffers, not a gamble with the budget.

We normally budget not to go out in R1 - I think it's usually R3 - so there is probably a gap. I think that raising the speculation now is inviting other clubs to compete with Bournemouth, and mentioning £500k is managing fan expectations well ahead of time, so any subsequent improvement on that will get a more positive spin.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:58:49 »

It could be the case that we will acquire certain players for a return on investment. Foderingham is an example, so is Luongo. On this note in terms of cash outlay to the club, Foderingham's sale would effectively represent a 100% return if you assume that the previous owners effectively paid for his transfer and wrote off their loans. We turned down a supposed bid of £250k down for Kasim in the summer too.

Why we would need to sell in January? Perhaps we don't, but it could be the correct time to sell to drive up the price. Maybe £500k is the figure in his contract where he is allowed to talk to other clubs? Maybe £500k is an indicative amount that Bournemouth have given ~ preliminary talks could already be happening and creating competition early on would only drive the price up if the interest is there.

Given the supposed reduction in the wage bill I would be very surprised if we're that short of money, but maybe we banked too much on the additional revenue streams/cost savings being in place a lot sooner, if at all.

Surprised that nobody has really considered it may be the case that Foderingham wants to leave though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 14:06:44 »

It's not a figure I've just plucked randomly from thin air.

Fair enough. Care to elaborate further?

I wonder if there is a minimum fee release clause in his contract?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 14:12:23 »

Can't see why Wes would want to leave now seeing he didn't in the summer. I would say pretty much 6th place currently is above most if not all of our expectations for the season. Unless it's personal circumstances I suppose.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 14:17:15 »

Especially if we are close to the budgeted wage bill etc it my be needed to strengthen the squad come January and continue to pay wages, i think the key thing is if Wes is going to be sold is to sell him for the right fee rather than selling on the cheap, I'd say £500k was not quite right, but perhaps a fee closer to 800k plus adds would seal it but it depends if we are going to accept the first offer, but now we have alerted other clubs we are willing to sell may generate a bit more interest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 14:18:11 »

Completely agree. What adidas rumours?

disclaimer: Completely unsubstantiated, so possibly/probably false. And of course even if true it could be just an oversight.

It was alleged by someone that they were refusing to supply the club shop until we paid our bill.

When I say someone, I don't mean anyone claiming to be ITK, just something off the internet.

Can I put any more disclaimers in..
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 14:21:53 »

And you're basing that on what?

I actually meant it as a joke. I should have put Samdy's gif in my post, apologies. It must be tempting sometimes to put something completely fictitious on twitter/the adver just to see if anyone takes the bait though. Not saying you would/have, just that April 1st is, I know, an enjoyable time for journo's because you can say what the hell you like (pretty much).

And well done 4D for paying attention, you get a gold sticker.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 14:31:34 »

I actually meant it as a joke. I should have put Samdy's gif in my post, apologies. It must be tempting sometimes to put something completely fictitious on twitter/the adver just to see if anyone takes the bait though. Not saying you would/have, just that April 1st is, I know, an enjoyable time for journo's because you can say what the hell you like (pretty much).

And well done 4D for paying attention, you get a gold sticker.
Ah right. Sense of humour failure, sorry. I think it would be safer to do so on Twitter. Who's to say I haven't previously. (I haven't, by the way). I also thought it was November.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: