Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: New players on Town radar - McCrory  (Read 6374 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 16:41:57 »

Fuck off

I'll take that as a yes Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 16:54:57 »

This is how I feel actually. A left back (or two, because personally I think Jmac's crap, but I understand that might just be me), a midfield option, a striker, and a centre back or two and we'll have ourselves a tidy team for next year.
I see you have mentioned it below but we need at least two wingers and if Luke Rooney goes which looks likely then we would be left with just Gary Roberts, a player who the board are desperately trying to shift off the wage bill.

We were in desperate need of wide options from January onwards when we had the likes of De Vita and Ferry playing out wide.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:01:14 »

I guess we made early signings last season as we had our own in-house "agent" working the oracle, had a big budget and were making all the right noises after promotion and regarding the coming season.

This year totally different kettle of fish, not so much money to be thrown around, club still in a state of change so not possibly a first choice for some players looking for a new club.

As the figure I heard was that there are some 900 players being released this summer (which must include Youth/Senior players from all Leagues in England/Scotland and possibly even Europe) then hopefully there should be some good professionals that could be persuaded to sign for us as we still must be a better bet than many other sides.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:07:49 »

I guess we made early signings last season as we had our own in-house "agent" working the oracle, had a big budget and were making all the right noises after promotion and regarding the coming season.

This year totally different kettle of fish, not so much money to be thrown around, club still in a state of change so not possibly a first choice for some players looking for a new club.

As the figure I heard was that there are some 900 players being released this summer (which must include Youth/Senior players from all Leagues in England/Scotland and possibly even Europe) then hopefully there should be some good professionals that could be persuaded to sign for us as we still must be a better bet than many other sides.

Hmmm

Except we didn't make any early signings last season...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:40:15 »

I see you have mentioned it below but we need at least two wingers and if Luke Rooney goes which looks likely then we would be left with just Gary Roberts, a player who the board are desperately trying to shift off the wage bill.

We were in desperate need of wide options from January onwards when we had the likes of De Vita and Ferry playing out wide.

I agree with you (though that probably means I need to get my head examined), but was considering the easiest 'gap filling' situation for mid-table next season. We do technically still have three wingers (Roberts, Cads, LRooney), four including Williams (who's more of a winger than Ferry was).

I'd love for us to make a cheeky bid for Ritchie, either on loan or for a fee, just to see if Bournemouth are willing to get him off the wage bill, even for a short time if rumours are to be believed about their financial issues. Doubtless someone will moan we shouldn't go backwards, but I don't think it could hurt...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:43:25 »

I agree with you (though that probably means I need to get my head examined), but was considering the easiest 'gap filling' situation for mid-table next season. We do technically still have three wingers (Roberts, Cads, LRooney), four including Williams (who's more of a winger than Ferry was).

I'd love for us to make a cheeky bid for Ritchie, either on loan or for a fee, just to see if Bournemouth are willing to get him off the wage bill, even for a short time if rumours are to be believed about their financial issues. Doubtless someone will moan we shouldn't go backwards, but I don't think it could hurt...
Caddis is a right back and will soon be gone.

I won't take the second paragraph seriously.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:48:32 »

Right back by trade. Winger by nature. Great going forward, very suspect defensively. I'd wager a substantial bet on Thompson having a better career than Caddis any day of the week. Although if he did stay, playing him on the right in front of Thompson would be an excellent partnership for this level. 

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 17:58:50 »

DV needs a hug.

I'll worry, if need be, come August 3rd. Not a moment before.

Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:01:09 »

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:04:40 »

And we're back to the usual way of things. Thank fuck for that. For the record, I don't think Ritchie will ever come back, it would just be very sweet if he did.

Right back by trade. Winger by nature. Great going forward, very suspect defensively. I'd wager a substantial bet on Thompson having a better career than Caddis any day of the week. Although if he did stay, playing him on the right in front of Thompson would be an excellent partnership for this level.  

Yerp. Plus the advice/cover Cads could give Thompson would be great. Again, for the record, I don't expect him to be here next season.

EDIT:

Quiet you.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:11:45 by Honkytonk » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:32:45 »

DV you're either moaning or you're pointing out the fucking obvious.

Either way shut the fuck up. And get a hair cut.

I have a number 1 all over?

Making a hair cut as pointless as your post Smiley
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 18:41:33 »

We get the message. You're unhappy and nothing is going to please you.

Bit like you during Di Canio's reign?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:45:57 »

Bit like you during Di Canio's reign?

Not at all. I was quite pleased the club won a championship. Quite pleasesd to get out of the bottom division. Less pleased with the whole "self appointed dictator of the County Ground" act, and that tasteless fascism business.

..never go back.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:00:04 »

Not at all. I was quite pleased the club won a championship. Quite pleasesd to get out of the bottom division. Less pleased with the whole "self appointed dictator of the County Ground" act, and that tasteless fascism business.
Worked though didn't it.  Smug Fuck Off
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 21:05:17 »

I might be way off the mark here, in which case DV will delight in telling me that I am, but I think he has somewhat been caught in a contextual paradox created by his internet persona (I know what I mean).

I think his initial post was a flippant remark about the pointlessness of the article, rather than a remark about the club/Manager/transfer activity.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: