Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Preparing to make sweet music  (Read 10197 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 12:49:08 »

If the 7,500/9,000 capacity arena goes ahead at North Star I can’t this revenue stream lasting long.

Can't they build monster arena(s) that would cover the Town's Football, Ice Hockey, Speedway team as well as somewhere for concerts?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:46:22 »

I think I need to ask about around about this fella.  Ive never heard of him and have had several years in the music industry. 

As for gigs, well I will be surprised if much happens.  If you look at the capacity achievable at the CG (Stage at SB end, cutting off last couple of blocks for no sightlines of arkells and DRS) is probably only about 15k Id guess and that may be generous.  Arenas range from 6k - 14k.  And have the advantages of roofs and the whole infrastructure for a gig.  How many bands play stadiums? 

The company I work for has Robbie, Green Day and Muse out this year as stadium acts.  Add in the likes of Codplay, Rhianna, Gaga etc thats about the limit of people who can play stadiums.  We've got loads of arena acts, but I cant see why you would put them into a small stadium with the logistic problems it would cause.

Added in the fact that the council are behind trying to get an arena on the site by the oasis (another thing I think is fairly doomed to fail.  Unless they employ me that is) I would be surprised if anyone I know flocks to use STFC.

Im not being unduly negative here.  I just dont think its a goer.  I would love to be proved wrong, but I cant see it.

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:13:52 »

yeah but what the fuck do you know?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 16:35:27 »

I think I need to ask about around about this fella.  Ive never heard of him and have had several years in the music industry. 

As for gigs, well I will be surprised if much happens.  If you look at the capacity achievable at the CG (Stage at SB end, cutting off last couple of blocks for no sightlines of arkells and DRS) is probably only about 15k Id guess and that may be generous.  Arenas range from 6k - 14k.  And have the advantages of roofs and the whole infrastructure for a gig.  How many bands play stadiums? 

The company I work for has Robbie, Green Day and Muse out this year as stadium acts.  Add in the likes of Codplay, Rhianna, Gaga etc thats about the limit of people who can play stadiums.  We've got loads of arena acts, but I cant see why you would put them into a small stadium with the logistic problems it would cause.

Added in the fact that the council are behind trying to get an arena on the site by the oasis (another thing I think is fairly doomed to fail.  Unless they employ me that is) I would be surprised if anyone I know flocks to use STFC.

Im not being unduly negative here.  I just dont think its a goer.  I would love to be proved wrong, but I cant see it.

Perhaps you need to contact the club and offer your expertise?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 17:35:43 »

Wonder what MacPhlea makes of this? Or won't it matter when the artificial surface gets installed.

There's a certain logic in this, that can be spotted amongst all the shite presently being spouted. Martin King's name seems to have gone out of the frame...he's the fella with the Ameriturf connections, a company that has previously looked to invest in English FC's.

Ameriturf get their foot in the door, as unamed company...Rice gets his 6 gigs on an artificial pitch...it is something that can be used for the community and STFC ladies....

McCrory gets to play chairman with all the networking opportunities it presents....and Hooper gets a job as CEO.

What is Murrall?... pharmaceuticals  Suicide
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:17:32 »

I thought it was Hooper that was supposedly involved in Ameriturf?
fatbasher

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 07:37:58 »

There won't be nay concerts at SN1 this closed season that's for sure. Anyone big will already be booked up any lesser act or an aging has been will lose us money. Like the last one I'm informed.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 09:28:25 »

Does anyone remember the League of Gentleman episode with the band Creme Bulee?

That's what I think about every time I see that picture.

Yes !!! Fucking hilarious
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:30:49 »

Add in the likes of Codplay, Rhianna, Gaga etc thats about the limit of people who can play stadiums.  We've got loads of arena acts, but I cant see why you would put them into a small stadium with the logistic problems it would cause.

I'd go and see them, only if the support act was someone like the Halibuthole Surfers...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:35:35 »

Martin King's name seems to have gone out of the frame...
One of the reasons for the takeover taking it's time was that the Football League did not like the look of this man at all. He was fully expected to be on the board and I believe that Rice was drifted in fairly late down the line as a replacement.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:42:50 »

One of the reasons for the takeover taking it's time was that the Football League did not like the look of this man at all. He was fully expected to be on the board and I believe that Rice was drifted in fairly late down the line as a replacement.

Where do people get this stuff from. Really?

I like to think I am a fairly intelligent bloke who keeps up to date with things that interest me. I know nothing about the background to the takeover. And I also have no idea how much individual players are paid (another thing which people on here make regular claims about).

Do people actually know stuff that I am being thick for not knowing, or do people claim idle suppositions as fact?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:44:39 »

Do people actually know stuff that I am being thick for not knowing,

If they do then I'm thick as well.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:49:32 »

Did the FL like the look of the Whitesnake roadie who's now on the board?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:50:19 »

Where do people get this stuff from. Really?

I like to think I am a fairly intelligent bloke who keeps up to date with things that interest me. I know nothing about the background to the takeover. And I also have no idea how much individual players are paid (another thing which people on here make regular claims about).

Do people actually know stuff that I am being thick for not knowing, or do people claim idle suppositions as fact?
The King situation is common knowledge.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:51:18 »

I'm still waiting for Paul Duffen to arrive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: