Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Majority of out of contract players will leave Town, says Wray  (Read 10450 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:13:06 »

i couldn't give a shit who goes.more the merrier.
that said, i think they could all improve with a boot up their arses.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:13:47 »

I hope he doesn't go, but I have a feeling the club might not take up the option on Douglas' contract. Too expensive.

I had this feeling too..... also if Di Canio is watching videos from only last season say, he will see Douglas not as his best and may conclude he is not a very good player and may decide he is eating up too much of the wage bill.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:28:51 by STFC_Gazzza » Logged
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 10:37:10 »

On last season`s form its pretty difficult to say any should stay. IF they could get to previous form Sheehan and Cuthbert to stay. Douglas looked slow and one footed for the second half of the season. Keep Thompson as a lively prospect. As for the rest would they really be missed...dont think so.

Bathtime
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:20:26 »

I'd keep Francois, Douglas and Cuthbert.
Agreed
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:31:55 »

The only 2 I'm bothered about would be Cuthbert & Douglas I think they would both be class players at L2 level, possibly Thompson as well as a backup squad player still learning but a prospoect.

I think the others can go to free up some space, Sheehan has to go he has proven he is not committed to us so let him go and play for Supermarine
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:34:19 »

A soft spot for Lecs means I want him to get a contract as well.

Not only that, he could do a job for us regardless?
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:37:13 »

I'de keep,
Smith,
JFL
and Timlin if he doesn't mind the subs bench and reduced wages. That's two big iffs
The younger players who didn't see much in the way of action should get 12 month contracts on the same wages.
The rest of the players are all tainted with the smell of last season, get rid.
As for Douglas? One good season at Lids then he went of the boil, sounds familiar? He needs another challenge and a club who can afford his wages.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:38:50 »

As for Douglas? One good season at Lids then he went of the boil,

Yeah he was shit for us in 09/10 wasn't he.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:45:06 »

For me Douglas is a prority to keep,as long as his wages are too not high.  Think he will be bafck to his best under Di Canio and would be a class above in League 2  

I would also like Cuthbert and Francois to stay as I beleive both still got potential to go on a be much better players and would excel in League 2, I don't want them to walk anway and be better players elsewhere, however we still need a experienced central defender and as we have Flint and Misun aswell, maybe that will be to many CB's.

Not sure on the younger ones Thompson, Scott and Evans as not really seen enough to judge, maybe worth a gamble keeping as there probably on significatly lower wages.

The others can go, especially Sheehan, already shown his lack of commitment trying to go elsewhere then when it all falls through comes crawling back here, saying he wants to stay.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:48:58 »

Gary Rose on twitter saying Sturrock is looking at Timlin.

Bet you weren't expecting that, eh!
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:45:54 »

Yeah he was shit for us in 09/10 wasn't he.
I didn't make myself clear. What I meant to say was, here he's had one good season followed by one awful season and reading the comments from Lids fans that seems to be the same for them.  Nothing personal against Douglas. He was eqaully as cack as everybody else but from the season before he had father to fall.
Also, I'm not sure who has to renew a contract this summer. Obviously I'd keep Caddis, Ritchie Ferry and Benyon. The last two couldn't be blamed for last season.
Shame about Pericard, the first couple of games he looked handy.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:49:08 »

hope he goes to Southend then ...

Will be nice to see ol Luggy back at the CG next season .. I will applaud

COYR

I used to be Fatbury
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:53:46 »

I didn't make myself clear. What I meant to say was, here he's had one good season followed by one awful season and reading the comments from Lids fans that seems to be the same for them.  Nothing personal against Douglas. He was eqaully as cack as everybody else but from the season before he had father to fall.
Also, I'm not sure who has to renew a contract this summer. Obviously I'd keep Caddis, Ritchie Ferry and Benyon. The last two couldn't be blamed for last season.
Shame about Pericard, the first couple of games he looked handy.

Ah fair enough. As you say no one covered themselves in glory this year but his performances certainly dropped significantly.

Those 4 you mention are all under contract already through at least the end of next season I believe. The full set of out of contract players is in another thread somewhere but off the top of my head its the two young keepers, Thompson, JFL, Timlin, Sheehan, Cuthbert, Douglas and Pericard.

Fwiw the only two I'd be massively bothered about keeping would be Douglas and Cuthbert, but I fancy neither of them will still be here come August.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:53:47 »

Why do we hope he goes fats?  Seems Dougie isn't gonna stay so we'll need somebody in CM, he's no world beater but has proven himself at L2 level before and isn't gonna be on high wages, better the devil you know for me here...
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 14:59:25 »

Looks like only LJF & Timlin will be offered contracts by the sound of things

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/9047671.Town_keen_to_keep_duo/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: