Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southampton  (Read 3307 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:36:11 »

dave hocaday for next town manager?just to add a new former player who is now a coach

Interviewed last time round wasn't he?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:44:31 »

we'll be playing them next season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:15:07 »

Good shout that Arriba...as for saints there heading for oblivion,gone from being one of the most solvent clubs to being the club in most danger of going out the LGE..they need a buyer.
My dad was on Saints books and has some good stories of times past,as a by note Southamptons first ever game at The Dell was v Swindon....Saints 4 Town 1.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:25:51 »

I was hoping they'd go down last season...an early season trip to St Mary's and we'd have taken a couple of thousand.

Soton are a curious lot, I wouldn't say I hate them, but I don't mind them seeing them in the shit.

Reasons....they poached Mick Channon after he'd agreed to sign for the Town as a kid.

.....they poached Theo Walcott after he had signed for us a kid.

.....they beat us 2-1 last game of the season in 64/65 at teh Dell to relegate us.

.....we've not won at Soton since before my time..

.....I hated Terry Paine
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:29:20 »

All good points Reg....though they did cough up over a milliom for Alan Mac which was nice of them....can remember that cup match when a young Shearer skinned Gittens and crossed for Rideout to score and win it for them in Extra time....very juicy outside as well i can recall.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:31:33 »

All good points Reg....though they did cough up over a milliom for Alan Mac which was nice of them....can remember that cup match when a young Shearer skinned Gittens and crossed for Rideout to score and win it for them in Extra time....very juicy outside as well i can recall.

Remember that game, 2-2 after 90 minutes, good game. Shame about extra time.

It's All Good..............
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 21:15:33 »

Rupert Lowe is the one that caused all the problems in the first place, and then he elects himself back in and pretends he is their saviour - there are not many southampton fan's that like him

How did he cause the problems? They might of been a bit strapped for cash when they kicked him out, but its the new board that have totally shafted the club and left them facing administration. The problem was simply that he was too cautious for the fans and other shareholders, who wanted to risk the club to try and stay in the Premiership - they failed and the club is in big trouble.

I've been to lots of Southampton games over the years (first one probably over 20 years ago, not sure if it was the first game I went to but I'll always remember Danny Wallace scoring with an overhead) and one thing I've noticed is that they have some of the fittest birds I've ever seen at football matches - loads of them at every game. Never seen anything like it anywhere else and I've been to a fair few grounds.

Only time I've seen a streaker was at The Dell, a bird ran on to the pitch and took her top off to reveal a rather large pair followed by probably the loudest cheer I've ever heard at a game. She ran from one corner of the pitch to the other, totally unchallenged by players, police or stewards (they were enjoying it the same as everyone else). If it had been a bloke 50 of them would of jumped on him.

Funniest thing at The Dell was when I was in the away end watching Swindon play there (Premiership or League Cup). The ground was tight to say the least and the front of the stand (behind the goal) is only a few metres at most from the pitch. The Swindon players were warming up the keeper taking shots, the majority of which were ending up in the stand. Sure enough the inevitable happened, a bloke carrying a tray of tea's gets hit on the side of his head by a rather hard shot, knocking him down and the tray flying. You shouldn't laugh but it was hard to help yourself.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 21:16:51 »

Rupert Lowe, without doubt assisted Southampton on the slippery slope... then left them in the hands of numpties and then returned.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: