Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280077 times)
DMC

« Reply #4485 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:22:00 »

You sure!

Seriously underestimated cost of running a football club...

Threw all his money into promotion on his 1st season....
Failure last season was a massive disappointment
Yes 100 percent sure
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #4486 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:29:48 »

Yes 100 percent sure

We will see.....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4487 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:34:17 »

I find myself somewhere between Dean's 100% sure and Cowley here.  I suspect if you ask him right now, he'd say he is not selling up, he is in for the project.

I do though suspect the mood music is different after only two years - I think he burned through more than he hoped and we certainly seem to be trying to run at break even (I honestly do not think you can do that and compete here anymore).  He now appears, two years late, to be trying to get the business sorted, after leaving it to others to dangle new fangled theories or peddle their own desires.

I think the ground development will eventually be his end game exit if he doesn't get the business running at a profit asap (which seems unlikely).

I do not begrudge him an exit either, he may well be the first owner to sell the club in a better state than he was handed it.
DMC

« Reply #4488 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:38:41 »

I find myself somewhere between Dean's 100% sure and Cowley here.  I suspect if you ask him right now, he'd say he is not selling up, he is in for the project.

I do though suspect the mood music is different after only two years - I think he burned through more than he hoped and we certainly seem to be trying to run at break even (I honestly do not think you can do that and compete here anymore).  He now appears, two years late, to be trying to get the business sorted, after leaving it to others to dangle new fangled theories or peddle their own desires.

I think the ground development will eventually be his end game exit if he doesn't get the business running at a profit asap (which seems unlikely).

I do not begrudge him an exit either, he may well be the first owner to sell the club in a better state than he was handed it.
Exactly Rob my response was in reply to that the club is up for sale and he is looking to sell.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4489 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:59:34 »

Suspect the club has been for sale since day 1 if someone made the right offer.

Everyone and everything has its price. Just need a willing seller and a willing buyer in the same room at the same time to make it happen.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4490 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:53:22 »

Everyone and everything has its price. Just need a willing seller and a willing buyer in the same room at the same time to make it happen.

The same as your house, if it’s not on the market it’s not actively for sale.
If someone knocked on your door & offered you double what it’s actually worth you’d have to think seriously about it & most would probably sell
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #4491 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:54:47 »

What time is the event with Flynn this evening? Anyone who is going please keep us updated on here! Will be interesting to see hear what is said.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4492 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 19:29:20 »

I was thinking about the need to increase Revenue, the fact we now have the ground and a need to be creative.  The concept of plonking a roof on the Bank seems pointless to me - all cost, no return.

In the medium term I understand developing something basic there to satisfy the need to do a proper job on the Town End.

I'd mentioned, half tongue in cheek, a throw away idea of sticking some temporary sort of Hospitality option behind that goal and had witnessed some very creative corporate facilities in the MLS.

A very quick Google shows this could be very doable in a very short time frame:

this sort of thing  https://www.falconstructures.com/blog/conex-containers-change-the-game-for-sports-facilities

http://www.ikoniq.com/projects/3/roll-out-the-red-carpet-with-container-hospitality-suites/

Turns out Qatar even built one of their stadiums using them - maybe they still have their corporate boxes made of containers available for purchase (as was the plan post tournament).

This can be added to the water dispenser idea that it turns out Wembley already did that I had.  No fee STFC, take the ideas and run.......
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #4493 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:00:23 »

Exactly this. I know some people on here like to talk about the Black era as  an ownership high point but it left us in no better position than we started. In the same league, in debt and with zero increase in tangible assets. A ground we didn't own and which was badly in need of renovation, inadequate corporate facilities, no training ground of our own, a neglected academy, no significant non-match day income streams and little to point to in terms of our community engagement.

I know we scoff sometimes at the club's sponsorship and foundation announcements, but they're all positive moves. The ground and the foundation park is starting to look like a proper professional campus. We've a wall load of corporate sponsors that help to provide some income. There are plans in development to rebuild the ground. Most importantly we're not constantly looking like we're on the brink.of receivership.

Getting it right on the pitch doesn't come for certain when you get the club stable and moving forward as a business, but it sure as hell helps.

..never go back.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4494 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:13:43 »

What time is the event with Flynn this evening? Anyone who is going please keep us updated on here! Will be interesting to see hear what is said.

Assume it was poorly attended not heard anything from anyone that went
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #4495 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:20:05 »

J

Jan posted a summary a few pages back
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #4496 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:32:51 »

I think there were approx 100 people there, room was pretty full..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4497 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:04:33 »

On another note, apparently Bristol Rovers started building a new stand without planning permission
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4498 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:07:56 »

Exactly this. I know some people on here like to talk about the Black era as  an ownership high point but it left us in no better position than we started. In the same league, in debt and with zero increase in tangible assets. A ground we didn't own and which was badly in need of renovation, inadequate corporate facilities, no training ground of our own, a neglected academy, no significant non-match day income streams and little to point to in terms of our community engagement.

I know we scoff sometimes at the club's sponsorship and foundation announcements, but they're all positive moves. The ground and the foundation park is starting to look like a proper professional campus. We've a wall load of corporate sponsors that help to provide some income. There are plans in development to rebuild the ground. Most importantly we're not constantly looking like we're on the brink.of receivership.

Getting it right on the pitch doesn't come for certain when you get the club stable and moving forward as a business, but it sure as hell helps.

Yeah the Black ownership did fuck all for the ground or anything long term at all. They iust spunked a bit too much money under Di Canio and lumbered us in a much worse state with Jed and his band or merry men at the end of it all. 

Missed opportunity.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #4499 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:16:30 »

On another note, apparently Bristol Rovers started building a new stand without planning permission

Dicks

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: