Pages: 1 ... 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280166 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4095 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 19:57:50 »

I agree mate and it really is a big thing that many fans keep overlooking. We spent money last season and quite alot of it the problem is some of it was on absolute shit and the management was just awful on and off the pitch.

I've made the point a fair bit that we spunked a good budget into a rotten sock.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4096 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 20:00:23 »

I’m sure the whole Morris/Brand fiasco wasn’t cheap. They wouldn’t have come here on peanuts and they wouldn’t have left without any financial compensation…
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4097 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 20:15:29 »

I’m sure the whole Morris/Brand fiasco wasn’t cheap. They wouldn’t have come here on peanuts and they wouldn’t have left without any financial compensation…

Which makes you think something catastrophic must have happened behind the scenes...

The results were bad but you could convince yourself that it was worth giving Morris/Brand a window and preseason, particularly if you were money conscious.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4098 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 20:47:55 »

Ricky McFarlane fitness guy has left the club
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4099 on: Thursday, July 6, 2023, 20:55:21 »

Ricky McFarlane fitness guy has left the club

He was part of definitely-not-a-Director-or-anything Adam Hart's third party set up, so no surprise.

I think in one of the AB minutes we said that that was coming back in-house.
DMC

« Reply #4100 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 06:08:36 »

Which makes you think something catastrophic must have happened behind the scenes...

The results were bad but you could convince yourself that it was worth giving Morris/Brand a window and preseason, particularly if you were money conscious.
Yeah must have been the clubs fault and not him being a monumental cunt
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4101 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 06:22:43 »

Allegedly he hung himself less than 3 weeks into his tenure and it was just a case of ‘when’

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #4102 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 06:23:44 »

Allegedly he hung himself less than 3 weeks into his tenure and it was just a case of ‘when’

How so?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4103 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 06:40:21 »

I will stress this is all stuff that’s travelled through the grapevine and could be seriously distorted at best and completely bollocks at worst.

…but Morris came in & a few weeks in basically said the squad was shit and had no hope of the play offs at all & would be lucky to finish top half.

Evidently the that’s exactly what came to fruition.
On that basis some might say Morris was absolutely spot on.
Other might say that it was Morris ineptitude that allowed his own prediction to come true.

I don’t think anyone expected last seasons squad to go up or even make the play offs but think there was enough there to at least be in the race for them till later on in the season.

Could all be bollocks. The above (if true) probably didn’t endear him to his new employers but let’s not over complicate everything. The results were absolute fucking garbage & I personally would have got rid of him for those alone (and long before STFC actually did)
« Last Edit: Friday, July 7, 2023, 06:42:22 by DiV » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4104 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 07:06:59 »

Yeah must have been the clubs fault and not him being a monumental cunt

Where on earth have I said that it was the club's fault? I've said something catastrophic must have happened.
DMC

« Reply #4105 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 07:10:37 »

Based on your posts Mooney you can’t blame me for assuming that was your thought process, obviously apologies if not
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4106 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 07:28:04 »

Where on earth have I said that it was the club's fault? I've said something catastrophic must have happened.

Yeah, losing every week…
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4107 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 07:33:10 »

No worries.

Whilst I wasn't being in this instance, I hate being negative about the club but the last few years have ground me down.

I just wish that owners under-promised and over delivered, and that is where Clem has gone massively wrong IMO (aside from surrounding himself with Britain's Most Wanted).

I'm just exhausted by the bullshit (Karachi, best Academy outside the Prem, sustainable in the Championship etc etc) when they can't do things that your local non-league side can: run an e-commerce offering, manage a queue at a turnstile, don't nickel and dime loyal fans because you draw a big side in the cup, answer a phone, serve decent food and drink, take a credit card payment on £800+ of season tickets and give you confidence that that payment has actually gone through and that you'll have your ticket etc etc.

At this point I just feel like an abused housewife. You get treated like shit, constantly lied to and let down but you just love it so much that you can't walk away...!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4108 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 07:47:34 »

I’d imagine most clubs’ ambitions in the lower leagues mirror ours also without the wherewithal to actually achieve it - Karachi aside!

I had no problem paying for my STs by credit card - albeit in person.

I know it’s no excuse but it’s not just us. Power got us nowhere even with Standing’s supposed millions.

You never know, this season may surprise you. All the background guff disappears when you’re winning!
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4109 on: Friday, July 7, 2023, 07:59:54 »

I’d imagine most clubs’ ambitions in the lower leagues mirror ours also without the wherewithal to actually achieve it - Karachi aside!

I had no problem paying for my STs by credit card - albeit in person.

I know it’s no excuse but it’s not just us. Power got us nowhere even with Standing’s supposed millions.

You never know, this season may surprise you. All the background guff disappears when you’re winning!

Sadly not an option for many...

And it isn't even about the winning for me. If it was, I'm not sure any of us would have stuck with it!

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: