Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 544705 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1950 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:32:42 »

You have no clue what our budget will be.

Neither do the people claiming we are in for a tough season.

And it's hardly a stretch to think a club the size of Swindon will be competitive in L2.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1951 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:37:38 »

What’s the point in finally getting rid of Power and his rotten tenure and not have hope that things will get better.

I’m sure if Power with a bit of Standing’s money + Wellens can get promoted, then Axis can get somewhere near replicating it.
Flashheart

« Reply #1952 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:39:11 »

3/4 years to steady the ship I don't see the need.

Me neither.

Provided Clem is genuine the aim should be to get promoted straight away, but the current managerial and squad situation should be taken into account.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1953 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:44:00 »

fair enough, it's all opinion.

mine is still in for a short term struggle, and a mid term grind to get the club on an even keel.

Nobody knows, it's all personal expectations. that's obvious. very much dependant on what skeletons power has left in the closet.
kaufman

« Reply #1954 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:44:27 »

We don't even have a single inkling what the FA might conjure up what to do with us yet.
It's Swindon Town.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1955 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:45:50 »

Without wishing to dampen the growing wave of enthusiasm, can we say for certain that the club isn't facing a potential points deduction?

Nothing to see here
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1956 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:46:21 »

But the issue still stand that we haven’t had a financial viable sustainable club for years for a variety of reasons.

Our previous promotions out of this league have all been built on a house of cards, as each time we end up in financial trouble & right back to square one.

If it was a simple as we’re a big club & our attendances cover our budget then we wouldn’t be in this mess (again, again)

We can not sustain a promotion chasing side at this level on attendances and merchandise sales alone. We never have been able to and this season will not being any different.
If Clem has money to throw in to make up the short fall so we can have a competitive side then fantastic but if he is legit and a legit business man he’s going want some stability first right? He’s going to want us living within our means first? Right.

I could of course be well off the mark here but certainly from what he’s said Clem isn’t here to bankroll us & hopefully he isn’t the type to bankroll us with loans - so where do we think this top L2 budget is coming from?
kaufman

« Reply #1957 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 14:58:41 »

Without wishing to dampen the growing wave of enthusiasm, can we say for certain that the club isn't facing a potential points deduction?

I've no idea. Again, this is Swindon Town.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1958 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 15:19:30 »

Why would we get a points deduction?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1959 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 15:28:46 »

Yes, we can say that.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1960 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 15:44:51 »

But the issue still stand that we haven’t had a financial viable sustainable club for years for a variety of reasons.

Our previous promotions out of this league have all been built on a house of cards, as each time we end up in financial trouble & right back to square one.

If it was a simple as we’re a big club & our attendances cover our budget then we wouldn’t be in this mess (again, again)

We can not sustain a promotion chasing side at this level on attendances and merchandise sales alone. We never have been able to and this season will not being any different.
If Clem has money to throw in to make up the short fall so we can have a competitive side then fantastic but if he is legit and a legit business man he’s going want some stability first right? He’s going to want us living within our means first? Right.

I could of course be well off the mark here but certainly from what he’s said Clem isn’t here to bankroll us & hopefully he isn’t the type to bankroll us with loans - so where do we think this top L2 budget is coming from?
I’m happy to be shouted down on this, but here goes.

Before Power cocked up the sale Clem said Axis had offered more than the mythical Able’s £7.5m. Let’s be kind and say they offered £8m.

They now only have to pay £250,000 plus what they consider to be ‘legitimate’ debts. Difficult to know from the accounts how much that would be but I’d like to think it’s way less than £7.25m. So, even if their initial offer of £8m had been accepted by Power, I presume Axis would have funds set aside for the club as well.

Could well be a sizeable chunk of money which won’t find its way into Power’s pocket.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1961 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 15:47:50 »

Sounds plausible let's hope that you're right!

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1962 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 15:47:54 »

The illegal ownership shambles
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1963 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 15:49:02 »

The laughing stock of the football league

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road