Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32355 times)
skay

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 21:14:57 »

I thought Tehoue worked hard in all fairness and was put in the deep end a bit especially with a tough away game. Though I thought he took the one chance sort of one on one with the keeper too softly.

Ritchie was good first half and holmes was better second. I think we missed caddis overlapping on the right as it's this movement that gives ritchie more time and space to create chances or such therefore if macca is gonna play right back he needs to get down the line a bit more.

Not to be to disheartened from today though, chances and all that. Take a draw on tuesday steady the ship a little. Remember still got the game in hand over aldershot!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 21:16:43 »

Its an unfortunate sign of the times the booing. But its not just us.

Was listening to 5-live and a caller was talking about a few Charlton fans that were having a pop at the manager and players because they lost a couple and drew one. They are still 9 points clear.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 21:40:22 »

Not to be to disheartened from today though, chances and all that. Take a draw on tuesday steady the ship a little. Remember still got the game in hand over aldershot!
Well I'm pleased to hear we have a game in hand over Aldershot.That will come in very..errrr..handy.. Cool
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 21:43:22 »

Absolutely woeful for the first 65 minutes, much better in the last 25. Holmes changed the game for us as Crewe sat back and soaked up our pressure, but we could've played for another 90 minutes and not score - it was just one of those days.

Crewe are a very, very good team and deserved the win. If they play like that every week, they should make the play-offs. Much better than the likes of Crawley and Oxford.

And Tehoue is absolute gash.
skay

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 21:43:51 »

haha i meant the game in hand being aldershot... you know what i meant!!
Madrobin

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 21:46:12 »

Can't be bothered to trawl through the thread... but I'll drop my two pence worth in from today...

Alan Mac did well at RB, but we'll look so much more balanced with Caddis back. Ritchie doesn't look the same player without him out there with him.

Kennedy was poor.

Tehoue worked hard, but he must have some dirt on di Canio to be playing ahead of Connell, Bodin or Kerrouche.

Murray ran around a lot without really doing much.

Holmes looked like Ritche used to when he was good (Teehee!).

Benson played well, would have bagged a few times on another day. Impressive display.

Bar 7, or whatever it's called, smelled of poo. Other pub was a good 'un, result aside it was an enjoyable day out, seem a decent bunch.

I have a little sympathy with those vocally complaining about the performance. It was an expensive day, factoring in travel, etc (especially those coming from Swindon area), also Wembley next week, season tickets up for renewal etc... and at times the lads simply didn't want it as much as Crewe - which is the minimum we can expect from them. Lots of folk just seemed a bit miffed that we only really started playing in the last 20 mins. Complaints were at the performance on the day, not the season as a whole - most comments would have been made in the heat of the moment - frustration at spending a fair wedge of cash and coming away with bugger all, and the prospect of a lengthy trek home with that horrible losing feeling.

Crewe did well, nullified our threats, especially in the first half, we simply didn't seem to have a plan B.

Inverted wingers need to be shelved... Holmes ripped them a new one by going on the outside and crossing.

Just my thoughts, like.

Derbyshire Reds - On Tour
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 21:51:37 »

As others have said, I didn't hear any booing either, maybe just a few groans of discontent.

As for Tehouhe, he was largely poor. He didn't seem to read the game, found himself out of position numerous times and didn't gel with Benson at all. Admittedly, second half his battling qualities and resilience stood out immensely. A striker and goalscorer he certainly aint.

Lee Holmes. I got a bit worried when he warmed up at half time wearing a yellow top. He's a gem. Such strength, pace and skill. All but one of his 15 crosses were executed perfectly. Why oh why did'nt PdC give Ritchie a rest, allowing Holmes and Rooney to perform their trickery.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:27:22 »

Not the end of the world!  Luckily we can afford the occasional slip up as long as it stays that way.
Crewe were a very decent team and no disaster to have lost today. 
Most of the comments from those that went to the game have been spot-on.
For 2/3rds of the game we were as poor as I've seen this season but the last part we created enough chances and but for some lucky breaks and for some more clinical finishing we could have come away with at least a point.
I was wondering whether some of the players are starting to get complacent - for most of the game the effort just wasn't there as it has been for most games - I was almost thinking we had a flashback to last season at times.

How we have missed Caddis!  Ritchie is so much less effective without him and I think that the central defence is less confident without Macca.

I thought Kennedy did reasonably well today and wouldn't have singled him out for criticism.

Risser played a few decent balls but really did nothing much to impress and a partner for Ferry seems to me the biggest priority for team strengthening.

Rooney did nothing that I can recall whilst on the pitch and I fully agree that it was right to sub him.  Ritchie without Caddis and 2 player on him (one to cover byline crosses and one to cover cutbacks inside) was fairly ineffective.

Holmes was a revelation.  How many quality crosses did he put over? He will be a great asset of we can sign him for next season.

Tehoue tried hard all game and by the end I was feeling so sorry for him - nothing was going for him.  He looked absolutely knackered but was still giving his all.  I would have thought PdC would give him a rest and bring on Connell.

Murray looked decent in the deeper role but missed his obligatory 1 on 1 yet again! Some things are constant.

Finally, I didn't hear any booing whatsoever and most fans stayed after the final whistle to applaud Paolo and the team.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:48:11 »

Foderingham - Standard, could do nothing about the goals and didn't have much else to do

The defensive line looked disjointed, would have been better with Devera at right back would have been better. Kennedy was poor and Flint looked tired and may have been brought back too soon. McCormack did ok but really needs to be in the centre.

Midfield, Risser played fairly decent other than a few stray balls. Ferry was average, him and Risser really don't seem to click. Ritchie looked disinterested and was largely anonymous. Rooney was also below par and deserved to be brought off. Holmes was absolutely class, would play him ahead of Ritchie vs Torquay, signing him on a permanent is a must!

Murray was largely ineffective and missed yet another one on one, Benson played quite well but seemed to have no support.

Tehoue, quite simply is one of the worst professional football players I have ever seen. Runs around like a blue ass fly but does absolutely nothing and has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever other than the fact that he tries hard. People comparing him to Vincent Pericard but I would it's more like having Dossevi back. Missed sitter after sitter. Yes some of them were blocked/defected, but he should have already burried them.

Obligatory shite referee with ridiculous decisions, nothing massive but just baffling and very inconsistent, even had the cheek to give the fans the thumbs up at sarcastic applause for a correct decision...that's not an excuse though as he was no different than any other ref that we've had at this level, just completely incompetent at an embarrassing level.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 22:55:39 »

Not bothered about the result today...far more important things to worry about imo
Onwards to tuesday and next sunday

« Reply #370 on: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 23:45:05 »

Im a bit baffled about some of the comments today.

Most who went say that Rooney deserved to be subbed - which I agree with.

Then there are suggestions that Holmes and Rooney should start on Tuesday, when Ritchie, despite not having a brilliant game, supplied 10 or so quality crosses in the first half and did even better in the 2nd half, didn't get subbed and is missing his trusted playing partner to link up with.

Why the fuck would Rooney start ahead of Ritchie on Tuesday, other than PDC wanting to rest him for Wembley, then?

Agree we missed Caddis again and that PDC should of played Devera at RB and AMAC at CB. No coincidence that we ship goals when AMAC is missing at CB.

Flint looked rusty. He'll get better.

As PDC said, Kennedy missed his chance today. Very dissapointing performance which will cost him his place at Wembley. I may be wide of the mark, but he's got the swagger of a premiership player who thinks he's made it. Maybe time for PDC to remind him where he's come from.

Tehoue worked hard but had Pericarditis: missing good chances and sometimes being in the wrong place at the wrong time, which was frustrating the fuck out of the crowd and led to the frustrated moans which got worse the more it happened.

Holmes looked good and hit some quality crosses which had them on the back foot. His arrival really puts both Rooney and Ritchie under pressure - which is needed and should make them sharper.

Was definately a mong-fest today. Never seen or heard so many STFC retards out in so many numbers at an away game as I saw today.

Cunts sat behind me slated just about every player, at full volume, throughout the whole fucking match.

Now I know what its like to have tinitusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
china red

« Reply #371 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 00:47:56 »

Not sure if its been mentioned on here already but according to Wiki Crewe's squad are all English other than one scottish player.  Cannot be too common these days.
skay

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 00:54:26 »

Not sure if its been mentioned on here already but according to Wiki Crewe's squad are all English other than one scottish player.  Cannot be too common these days.

i think oxfords was near the same when they played us in august
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 01:04:17 »

Whats the betting Powell is on Di Canio's summer wishlist??

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 01:26:29 »

why do people keep saying"it puts things into perspective"-everybody knows that tragic events are always just round the corner,it should never be out of perspective.Town fans like any other will forget "perspective"on tuesday night.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: