Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Morecambe pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 11074 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:35:04 »

…but will not giving them cash force their hand?
…or will we just see more cut backs, more director loans, more debt that the gang will want back from a sale thus technically putting the wanted price for the club up

Let’s see who blinks first. It is a staring contest we can’t afford to lose. Income is their oxygen.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:39:38 »

I found that hard today. With Morfuni sat watching, there was no discontent thrown his way. The only thing he has succeeded at is rapidly lowering our expectations, our standards, our ambition, and hope, to the point that a draw against an understrength Morecambe at home is considered to be fine. The prospect of Gunning taking the job is absurd. He’s a complete fool. He threw the youth under the bus in the interview, and is purely in it for himself. A real simpleton. I’ve never felt so disconnected from the club. Crooks and lemmings. I can’t see myself renewing unless there is significant change in ethos and personnel. Take the head off the snake please. And the belly.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:43:52 »

Exactly I don’t know what will make fans turn on him- he must be laughing at how gullible everyone is

No other club in the country would he get the easy ride he is getting here
adje

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 18:04:21 »

There was a lot of booing in the Arkells where I was sat, but it was never prolonged. I booed at the end. Town End was dreadful quiet. Understandable I guess but I was hoping for some anti Clem chants or the classic, we want our Swindon back.

I won’t be renewing. Made my mind up a few months back.
Town end was full of "Morfuni get out of our club" at the end to be fair

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 18:06:06 »

Let’s hope Clem enjoys looking at empty red seats next season Cheesy

Two years ago🤣
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/x1W0IoT9Hqg
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 18:11:34 by Jimmy HaveHave » Logged

So, give no fucks
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 18:37:51 »

Barely audible from the first blocks of the DRS - Morfuni wouldn’t have heard a thing.

It’s a shame they weren’t started during the match.

Frigby is spot on above - it has been a masterclass in downplaying expectations. What are we really expecting to achieve next season other than retaining our FL status?

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 18:47:22 »

Yes but you’re not on here posting ‘Clem’s a cunt’ and ‘the clubs gonna die because of all you happy clappers’

I'm not going. I'm taking a not a penny more approach, which if you like it or not from your sarky comments, is doing something.

Its those that actively support this shambolic zombie state we're in and still shoot people down on socials that fuck me off.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 18:48:23 »

It may well force them- reduced cashflow may force a sale. They’ve taken the fans for granted for too long they are completely delusional

When people are still asking Clem for selfies in the legends, they'll continue to.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 18:48:48 »

Let’s see who blinks first. It is a staring contest we can’t afford to lose. Income is their oxygen.

This.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 18:56:33 »

Good evening all.
I started anti Morph chants throughout in the Don Rogers. Few takers sadly.
Funnily enough, fellow hard core I spoke too were fed up but lacked the determination to force change.
I am taken back to 1985 when a gate of 20)0 approx kicked off and got Sir Lou reinstated. What on earth has happened to Swindon???
That is me done 're season ticket. I will go next year depending on league position/Burslem/top of the league, if I have care in place for Mrs BV, otherwise I will have to find something else to do every other Saturday. That is depressing and pisses me off. 49 years and never felt like this.
All the best to you all.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 19:18:56 »

Good evening all.
I started anti Morph chants throughout in the Don Rogers. Few takers sadly.
Funnily enough, fellow hard core I spoke too were fed up but lacked the determination to force change.
I am taken back to 1985 when a gate of 20)0 approx kicked off and got Sir Lou reinstated. What on earth has happened to Swindon???
That is me done 're season ticket. I will go next year depending on league position/Burslem/top of the league, if I have care in place for Mrs BV, otherwise I will have to find something else to do every other Saturday. That is depressing and pisses me off. 49 years and never felt like this.
All the best to you all.

Understand this. I sat there today and just cannot get my head around the inaction of the Trust allowing this to unfold without so much as a critical word. Attendance at an advisory board meeting where you are told that everything is fine, dandy and sustainable is no reason to sit and watch. The Trust has the ability to convey to the wider supporter base what is going on. I just find their silence is inexcusable. Do something.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 19:31:50 »

In the Arkells there was some very limited chanting by a handful during the game. At the end of the match somebody actually threw an object towards Clem, it hit the Commmercial guy on the head, and bounced elsewhere, not sure what it was. There were 2 or 3 individuals shouting shit at Clem at that point, but they didnt stick around, they shouted and walked away quickly.

I would hope the Town End is the voice and i heard nothing coming from there. The away fans were far more angry and loud chanting about who they want out.

The apathy from the fans is and has been a concern for awhile.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 19:39:34 »

https://www.facebook.com/reel/870978641500180/

Not sure if this was a constant or a one off, but it was a chant at least  Clap
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 19:43:26 »

https://www.facebook.com/reel/870978641500180/

Not sure if this was a constant or a one off, but it was a chant at least  Clap

That had to have been audible from the arkells unless he ran off at full time.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 19:56:30 »

Best place to get anti Clem chants was from the Town End but they seemed more interested in joking around with Morecambe’s keeper. Fair play there was a couple of chants towards the end but it needed to be throughout. There’s so much anger online and it doesn’t manifest itself in person. I made my feelings clear in the DRS at the end of game but hardly anyone joined in and most clapped them. Bonkers. Don’t know where the club goes from here, drastic change needed.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: