Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Accrington Stanley (who are they) Matchday Thread  (Read 12664 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 10:24:19 »

Pretty much anything would be an improvement on the current incumbents but the way Crawley have been ran isn’t exactly a glowing endorsement for owners from a crypto background.  If it did come to fruition I’d hope they have sufficient ‘real’ money to ensure our fortunes aren’t just linked to the constant rise and fall of crypto.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 10:44:35 »

Crawley are still above us in the league  Wink
inthemixer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 10:47:29 »

Hi all, I have it on good authority that potential new buyers have been interested for a few months now and they’ll be in attendance on Tuesday night. They have been in the Directors Box but on Tuesday will be in the Don Rodgers stand to get a flavour of a “real match day experience.” It’s a father and stepson combo, as crypto has been taking off again they have their money from that. They’ll obviously be in suits on Tuesday and believe they’ll be sitting around the penalty area, close to the Town End. Promising times ahead  Pint

I can't lie I've read this 3 times and each time sounds less believable than the last. Suits?... near the town end?... come on.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 10:48:19 »

That was going to be my question. Surely if they are going in the DRS to experience the real match experience, wearing suits goes against that doesn't it?

Sorry meant suits as they're attending important STFC business related things in the day.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 10:57:50 »

Sorry meant suits as they're attending important STFC business related things in the day.

Ah fair enough. Not meaning to be inquisitive and appreciate you sharing information, but where did you get this info from Joe?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 11:01:12 »

Crawley are still above us in the league  Wink
From crapto to crypto!
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 11:17:56 »

To be honest you don’t need a suit to do important stfc business. Seem to remember Zav Austin wore red boxers in his first interview with Vic.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:45:17 »

Reading the press conference he is absolutely clueless and oblivious to how shit things are. Talks about being positive and treats players like shit already
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:46:59 »

Plenty of crap in todays presser

SUMMARY
Swindon Town v Accrington Stanley presser: as it happened
35 mins ago
SWINDON TOWN FC
By Joe Acklam

No Comments
Our live feed has now finished.

Swindon have not lost at home to Accrington in front of fans since 1959
Accrington are on a run of four straight defeats
12:44pm
I asked Gunning about trying to fix the mentality, Devine & Clayton, and Hepburn-Murphy:

You can only be positive and try and help them improve with it because the way some of the goals have been conceded are a lot about professionalism.
Clayton has suffered a set back and is probably out for the season, Devine has been training so we are hopeful he could play in a few weeks.
He was unlucky as he had been tight after Tranmere and then we decided to go with more width against Harrogate and two big men. We will see about tomorrow.

12:36pm
​Gavin Gunning on his achievements:

Since I have come in, we have had some tough games and it has been good that we have gone toe to toe. We have had two performances that weren't up to scratch, MK and Harrogate. All of the others have been decent, we have been beaten when we weren't in the mental state to stay switched on, like Newport and at the weekend. If you are a player then you should be shattered mentally and physically, more so mentally.

12:34pm
​Gavin Gunning on league position:

I didn't know about that and that is not where we will be looking to finish anyway. That is the thing, I have taken over in a tricky situation, we have more points than before but it is still not as many as I would like. Everyone wants to win and so do I. For the fans who have gone through the pain of being there in the Premier League and other good times and then to go through everything that has happened.

12:32pm
​Gavin Gunning on Accrington:

In this league, no matter what they game is, it will be tough, home or away. We plan to dominate and be positive in front of our fans.

There is minimal difference in the players from top to bottom, it is that little bit of quality and mindset to create the environment to thrive. Team spirit is a big part of it, the teams that have the big group of senior players can help whereas here we have one or two. The team does need some experience, Charlie has a load and then there is no one else with all those league appearances. It is an inexperienced squad, so I definitely think it needs that, there is no point getting loads of journeymen but you do need that.

12:30pm
​Gavin Gunning on defending:

The numbers don't lie, we have conceded 67 goals or something like that, and that is for everyone in the team, are they doing the right things? All of those little things are massive.

Possibly, we don't have someone who sits there and breaks up and is aggressive, but you can't look for excuses, you have to find a solution.

12:29pm
​Gavin Gunning on Mansfield:

It is not the worst point to make that in the chaos we prospered. There are parts where you have to be efficient and we didn't do those little details, some is people jumping out of shape and all different spots. At all games at all levels people will not be in the right place, it is just about trying to make it easier for them. It is about trying to get overloads and create an advantage wherever you can, the more emphasis you put on being lucky and relying on quality rather than structure will not help in the long run.

When you look at the Premier League, it is a different sport to the one that we play at this level, Man City-Liverpool was about space and control. You can have greater control, but you have to play to the players that you have. If you have players and it doesn't suit them to be in control then you have to make it chaos.

12:25pm
​Gavin Gunning on injuries:

Everyone is ok, just McGurk had a tight hamstring so we didn't bring him on. It came after he came off the bus, so we didn't want to risk him.

McKirdy is still ill and will not be involved.

Particular highlight about not haing a CDM in the team and there being no experience. Also the premier league is a different sport.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:49:16 by tans » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:49:14 »

Reading the press conference he is absolutely clueless and oblivious to how shit things are. Talks about being positive and treats players like shit already
The bit about lacking a CDM, you know like the one he said wouldn’t get in the team in January and let go is especially golden. Thought Kahn was one of the best CDM’s in the league according to him.

He just says any old crap and thinks it makes him sound clever. ‘In the chaos we prospered’ what a load of bollocks.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:54:40 by theakston2k » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:55:53 »

I'm getting to the age where getting off a coach or bus is a risk to the hammy's.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:59:12 »

We had a DM, he sold him and said he'd be sixth choice...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:59:19 »

"Swindon have not lost at home to Accrington in front of fans since 1959
Accrington are on a run of four straight defeats"

I suppose 65 years wasn't a bad run, ah well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:59:45 »

Note to Gav

‘In the chaos we lost’
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 13:00:32 »

Hi all, I have it on good authority that potential new buyers have been interested for a few months now and they’ll be in attendance on Tuesday night. They have been in the Directors Box but on Tuesday will be in the Don Rodgers stand to get a flavour of a “real match day experience.” It’s a father and stepson combo, as crypto has been taking off again they have their money from that. They’ll obviously be in suits on Tuesday and believe they’ll be sitting around the penalty area, close to the Town End. Promising times ahead  Pint

How do you know their wardrobe choices?

Crypto might give someone enough money to buy a club. It won't provide enough to run one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: