Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 121999 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:04:01 »

I feel sad for Ritchie in so much that he was sacrificed to keep us afloat, i don't think he had much choice in the decision and interestingly the photo of him with the Bournemouth shirt doesn't make him look overjoyed to be there.

Exactly. Board probably told him we'd have to go into admin unless he left.

If the Russians get bored then AFCB are going to have to have a massive sell-off so wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him back here with us.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:06:56 »

I feel sad for Ritchie in so much that he was sacrificed to keep us afloat, i don't think he had much choice in the decision and interestingly the photo of him with the Bournemouth shirt doesn't make him look overjoyed to be there. He was a great player for us and put everything into Swindon Town. On the other hand i totally understand why it was done and am so relieved the club is not in administration. Ultimately one player doesn't make a team so hopefully today's new signings can get us this seasons aim of promotion.

Yeah It's a lot brighter today, and even though I bet the poor sods were locked in a room for 24 hours thrashing the deal out, a pity 30 seconds wasnt found to explain, as they have this morning.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:10:17 »

His interview that Samdy put up with him sat in the radio studio certainly, showed that he didn't seem overjoyed with the decision but ultimately it was out of his hands. He wasn't exactly doing cartwheels down the studio and decreeing his love for AFC Bournemouth. It wouldn't surprise me if he got sent off on his debut in frustration.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
lambourn red

« Reply #618 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:11:35 »

I imagine the conversation went something like...

Black - Well I am buggered if I am going to fund for another month after taking this hit!
New Owners (cannot believe we have got to fit and proper persons test stage and don't know who the grinder is behind the monkey) - Well we ain't funding it whilst it doesn't belong to us!

What I still don't get is why it suddenly became the most urgent thing ever to sell immediately, either Patey didn't get a sale as quick as he was supposed to or something has happened with Black that means he needs out quickly?

My take on it is that Black has been saying since Fitton left I want out this has gone on for months with Wray securing funds from Black who continually is saying no more. I am guessing that Wray and Watkins had been charged with finding new owners but in the meantime were still promising funds to PDC. AB has said around the time of the Umbargo that is it and got SWP in to sell the club and also stop the spending, in the meantime AB has lost a lot on the stock exchange and other investments so STFC is the obvious thing to remove from his portfolio as it is never going to show a return.. AB has set a 1st of Feb deadline to SWP with a definitive no more money whatever passed this date.
Now this is where it gets scary for me if we are supposedly under the 65% FFP rules and revenues are up how have we got a situation where a rumoured 50k per week is needed to stave off admin surely this is against those rules which is all very baffling. We can only hope that there is someone in the new consortium that can fund that shortfall for the foreseeable future until some the player contracts are up for renewal in the summer. Jeremy Wary was very open to a mate of mine when he met him 3 weeks ago telling him that things were not rosy , possible admin and talking to new prospective owners but I just dismissed it at the time as trying to wind me up. As long as we keep PDC that has to be the priority ,the next few days are certainly going to be interesting once the new consortium members are revealed .
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:11:42 »

It wouldn't surprise me if he got sent off on his debut in frustration.

Happens to be Franchi$e v Muff on Saturday, big game for the play off positions!

#VivaKenBarlow!
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:16:11 »

jsut seen a pic of MR training with muff..already!...must be weird for a pro footballer to chop and change like that...imgaine one day having a compeltely new set of work mates...having to re build relationships, be pally with them etc...

and even more so now that it appears richie was essentially sacrificed for the sake of the club..you have to feel a little sympathy for him and the whole upheaval he has faced...

then again, maybe he doesnt give a shit, and just enjoys playing week in week out, wherever it is..who fookin knows.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:26:22 »

i don't understand why Black is flat out refusing to finance the club? i can understand if he's fed up of pouring money in, but if it's a case of covering running costs until the takeover came through could the two parties not have negotiated a deal? didn't Bill Power do this during his failed takeover attempt?

i still think the sale of Ritichie to a promotion rival for such a low fee is bad business, short sighted and doesn't fill me with confidence but appreciate the fact this sale could keep us in business.

what happens if the deal collapses, which is still possible at this late stage? what happens if the FL refuse to ratify it?

the statement from the club today is 12 hours too late. very surprised at it being released in hindsight given the current/old board had developed a reputation for transparency and foresight.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:30:24 »

Hmm the statement just says what we knew, we needed the cash badly and this was the only option. Lets be honest, it was the only explanation given the low fee and expedited procedure.

What we don't and won't know till later is:-
    - is that it re: player sales.
    - why the consortium couldn't fund a bridging loan*
    - what PDC thinks
    - Whether the club sale is "anyone will do" or has a good long term future
    - who the new perspective owners are
    - and many many more.

* to some extent, why would they. But they have lost an asset and this doesn't suggest to me they are minted (or minted right now).

When I look back to the deep dark days I'd be delighted with how things stand right now. But having tasted success, its all a bit disappointing. Though clearly that feeling can change.

I would imagine the problem with a bridging loan is the issue of security. Swindon resides with a holding company, the current major shareholder clearly is unwilling to underwrite the risk, and as the new shareholders have not yet had approval they obviously can't provide security especially given that the threat of administration was hanging over our heads.

Nor I suspect would they be willing to pump in their own money, given that the takeover hasn't been officially approved. Ritchie's sale therefore was the only means to meet the salary obligations at the end of the month if nothing else

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:31:43 »

i don't understand why Black is flat out refusing to finance the club? i can understand if he's fed up of pouring money in, but if it's a case of covering running costs until the takeover came through could the two parties not have negotiated a deal? didn't Bill Power do this during his failed takeover attempt?

i still think the sale of Ritichie to a promotion rival for such a low fee is bad business, short sighted and doesn't fill me with confidence but appreciate the fact this sale could keep us in business.

what happens if the deal collapses, which is still possible at this late stage? what happens if the FL refuse to ratify it?

the statement from the club today is 12 hours too late. very surprised at it being released in hindsight given the current/old board had developed a reputation for transparency and foresight.

I agree, I would suggest the lack of transparency is down to the uncertainty surrounding the club. Patey has no experience of communicating with fans and was brought in to get the club sold so probably doesn't care about keeping us informed. I'd also argue that most of the current employees were/are in the dark as well.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:32:26 »

I think he's a huge loss, I also think the club offered him to Bournemouth.  Bad Mood
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:33:54 »

Shame Austin wasnt sold in the last few days so could get our share of that.

That would have solved this funding gap issue
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:34:38 »

Spilled milk. Finished. Over.....What's coming next?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:35:34 »

Spilled milk. Finished. Over.....What's coming next?
Reg was right.

THE END IS NIGH
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #628 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:35:43 »

Shame Austin wasnt sold in the last few days so could get our share of that.

That would have solved this funding gap issue

Wouldn't it piss you off if Austin did go today for stupid money, and we got a sell on equal to greater then money for selling Ritchie.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:36:33 »

What happens is a player was sold to cover us now and if this happens would be my guess, part cash flow, part Insurance.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: