Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player evaluaton/bonuses....  (Read 1226 times)
Sharky

« on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:28:05 »

Forgive me for going on a bit here....but I wondered today what managers do to evaluate their teams performance and whether it is simply done on a watch the game basis or if there is any more to it......

If I were in charge I would put a stop on ALL bonuse's to players and start an individual bonus/performance scheme on a mini season basis.

Ther manager, assistant and each individual player would be taken aside and discuss their ability with the manager and assistant......between them they would come up with a score out of 10 that they mutually felt was fair to be expected on a regular basis (each game), based on their ability and talent and how much they are paid (ie their worth to the team against thir input).......i.e. Roberts based on salary and potential talent would be expected to be getting an 8 or 9  each game as he has potential to be a match winner etc and is paid a fair bit.

Then for every game they play they get rewarded only if they exceed their personal target performance grade with an added bonus for a collective team score of the combined targets (ie if all 11 players were expected to get 7's out of 10, then a collective gamescore of 77 or more would warrant a team bonus or some form of reward) There would also be an overall bonus for achieving a mini season total of more than expected or automatic promotion at the end of the season.

The targets would be set high and the evaluation of their performance would be decided by managers opinion (1 vote), assistants opinion (1 vote) and the players own opinion of their performance (1 vote) - on a majority basis.

Not only would this I feel encourage the players to put in the maximum effort to get their bonuses but I feel that it would give the manager a very good feel for what his players felt of their own performance so as to realise if some of them think that the sub standards they are producing are good enough - at the end of the season sturrock could look back and say there were 11 games and I expected an 8 from Roberts in each of those (thats 88 total).....he got XX and this shows me he can or can not consistently perform to the level I expect him to......hence offload/keep in the summer!

What do people think? or do I just have too much time on my hands at work??? (please be nice! Smiley )
Scot Munroe

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:30:08 »

i heard this sort of thing on Sky Sports news earlier. It is good idea.
mattboyslim

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:31:04 »

Ratings are subjective, results aren't.  Good idea in theory, in practice you've too much time on your hands at work!  Wink   Bonuses are I assume on a week by week basis made up of points won and goals scored (and clean sheets?) at the end of a season it'd be the final outcome/league position.
Sharky

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:42:58 »

Quote from: "SwindonUltra"

Really???
I thought that long old boring idea up all by myself!

I know what you mean though Mattboy but at the end of the day you can win ugly and several games we have won this year we have finished the game and said we should or could have won by many more had the effort been there or the finishing etc.....just felt an individual points scoring basis would be more personal to each player and in the same way a collective evaluation also - i.e those players that are just going along for the ride or being carried by the team, wont reap the same rewards as those that are perhaps overcompensating for them - like peacock having to work doubly hard as roberts doesnt put the effort in - peacock would be rewarded but roberts would not.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:48:52 »

Quote from: "Sharky"

Really???

I know what you mean though Mattboy but at the end of the day you can win ugly and several games we have won this year we have finished the game and said we should or could have won by many more had the effort been there or the finishing etc.....just felt an individual points scoring basis would be more personal to each player and in the same way a collective evaluation also - i.e those players that are just going along for the ride or being carried by the team, wont reap the same rewards as those that are perhaps overcompensating for them - like peacock having to work doubly hard as roberts doesnt put the effort in - peacock would be rewarded but roberts would not.

The one on SSN was about Performance Related Pay. I.e if say Roberts got 5 out of 10 on his next game on Saturday then he would only get 50% of his wages.
red macca

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:50:19 »

Quote from: "Sharky"

Really???

The one on SSN was about Performance Related Pay. I.e if say Roberts got 5 out of 10 on his next game on Saturday then he would only get 50% of his wages.
But who would do the ratings?
Amir

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:50:48 »

But who would do the ratings?

The Adver Soapy Tit Wank
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 15:53:24 »

Sharky for manager!
Sharky

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 16:11:28 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Sharky for manager!

Truely flattered!

I'd be rubbish though.....get very angry with people who put in no effort, so we'd end up with a squad of 3 or 4 after the rest being sacked for not meeting my high expectations!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:30:57 »

i came up with a similiar plan back in A-Level Geography about 4 years ago....could work.....but doubt the players would agree to it...

Unless you could get every single team in the world to do it, players would just snub Swindon and go to the teams that offer a standard salary.

Plus, if say for example a random board member of a random football club called shall we say Michael or Steve, lets go for Steve......wanted to save some money on the wage bill he could simple fiddle the figures.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: