Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Wombles of Wimbledon  (Read 16796 times)
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:30:35 »

Without being particularly good, I’d say we look like we are better at football than them.

We need a goal, haven’t scored many recently, it shows I think, hesitating to pull the trigger. If we can find the first goal from somewhere then I think we are capable of playing a lot better with the monkey off.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:31:05 »

Maybe RHM can conjured up a bit of magic with 20 to go.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:32:29 »

Did I hear on the commentary correctly that Lindsey was here with Wellens?  I ask because today's tactical approach is very similar to that season with the fullbacks pushing up high and a midfielder dropping into their space to act like a QB.  I know Wellens did this because it puts a big gamble on the opposition midfielder - does he follow our player so far or keep the shape.  Either way it creates space.

This then feeds into Hockaday's comments about it not being decision making, more being execution.  I'll go a step further and suggest it's showing up the lack of talent in the team and highlights Reed being utterly surplus to requirements in such a system.  His game is all about getting the ball centrally and trying to pull the team towards him.  It is noticeable that Iandolo and and Darcy drop into the fullback spot far more frequently.

Shade continues to be as I assessed him early - someone who probably stood out at youth levels due to his physical attributes.  As he hit mens level everyone else can deal with that now.

Ideally you have Williams playing the Anderson role from that Wellens team if we want to play to play this way.  The issue is upfront - can Wakeling do the Yates role?  He hasn't shown it yet.  Can someone do the Doyle role? That just leaves Shade to do the Isgrove role, and he looks pretty abject at doing that.  

Ultimately it looks better, but we are far more open as well.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:34:18 »

Just mentioned the Jephcott situation again. You have to assume that Plymouth would be very happy to sell at this point. Not sure we’d be as keen at pulling the trigger.

Underwhelming so far, felt like a great signing at the time. Though the service to him has been shit in almost every game he has played.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:35:23 »

Maybe RHM can conjured up a bit of magic with 20 to go.
I'm really excited to see what he can offer.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:50:09 »

Dons players like to make a meal of things.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:52:09 »

For me Wakeling does not work as a lone central striker, hes way better coming off the wing ala Yates.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:52:14 »

Iandolo, where attacks go to die.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #128 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:53:15 »

Iandolo, where attacks go to die.
It was a lovely move until he got to it.

oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:54:27 »

Sub time soon surely?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:55:14 »

What a pass from Lavinier to Williams and then hes close with a long range shot just wide.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:55:48 »

Beaut of a backheel from Ellis there though. Not going to say he's the best player on the pitch, far from it, but he looks more comfortable as a central midfielder than a wing back.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:56:04 »

This consistent no excitement football is bordering on Malpas esq - we have not reached Malpas standards yet, but keep on going this way and we will soon be in Malpas territory..
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:58:08 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:58:21 »

This is shite. Pub beckons
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 15:58:34 »

Beaut of a backheel from Ellis there though. Not going to say he's the best player on the pitch, far from it, but he looks more comfortable as a central midfielder than a wing back.

I think that’s right. I’m not completely against him but he never but never delivers around the box.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: