Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: 'Flint deserved to see red'  (Read 1908 times)
News Monkey

« on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 07:00:06 »

'Flint deserved to see red'

ADEN Flint deserved to be sent off against Macclesfield for failing to stay on his feet in the tackle, according to Swindon Town manager Paolo Di Canio, writes SAM MORSHEAD.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10025920._Flint_deserved_to_see_red_/?ref=rss

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 10:42:57 »

4 game ban for something I don't even consider a foul... nice.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 10:56:06 »

Still didn't look like a foul to me on the highlights.  The highlights on the stfc player actually consist of their goals and that sending off.  That's all.  I'm sure some other things happened in the game.

Cracking finish by Thompson for the own goal.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 11:00:21 »

Having only just returned after being sent off for a similar tackle, and having been warned by his manager not to do it again, he must have known he was being at best extremely reckless in diving in like that. Whether or not we think it's a foul/yellow/red is immaterial, when you dive in like that, you're always running the risk of a ref taking a harsh view of it. Di Canio's right about this - Flint has only himself to blame.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 11:49:35 »

I like Flint's recklessness. Of course it is going to cost us on occassions, but we haven't had a good nutcase since Barry Corr  Too Cool
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 11:52:14 »

4 game ban for something I don't even consider a foul... nice.

I agree, but there's no chance of an appeal as it will be viewed as a reckless challenge, even if he's hardly made contact after playing the ball.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 12:03:59 »

Not moaning about the result, but I thought the free kick that lead to their first was a bit soft.

That Flint challenge would have been a good hard fair tackle 5 years ago. But not now thanks to the pussyficaiton of football by FIFA/UEFA. Yellow at worst though based on that replay. Looked one footed and controlled to me.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 14:23:38 »

but I thought the free kick that lead to their first was a bit soft.

You're a master of understatement.
fatbasher

« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 21:58:44 »

Having only just returned after being sent off for a similar tackle, and having been warned by his manager not to do it again, he must have known he was being at best extremely reckless in diving in like that. Whether or not we think it's a foul/yellow/red is immaterial, when you dive in like that, you're always running the risk of a ref taking a harsh view of it. Di Canio's right about this - Flint has only himself to blame.

Pah, you aint lived mate. I offer you, Frank Burrows and Brian Williams.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 09:30:47 »

Pah, you aint lived mate. I offer you, Frank Burrows and Brian Williams.
You've completely missed the point:
Whether or not we think it's a foul/yellow/red is immaterial, when you dive in like that, you're always running the risk of a ref taking a harsh view of it.
It's about what the ref thinks, not what we might remember about how the game used to be. Flint has to play the game as it is now, not how it used to be 20/30 years ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: