Pages: 1 ... 744 745 746 [747] 748 749 750 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1276504 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #11190 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 10:50:20 »

It's a terrible league and a bit of pragmatism (a big commanding centre back, a holding mid who can tackle and some wingers with pace who can cross), I honestly don't think it's that hard to get out of

If it was that simple everyone would be doing it though right?

Its the richest league 2 perhaps ever and i think its therefore fair to claim its the strongest the league has ever been. So while league 2 may remain a terrible league, its not quite as simple as this.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11191 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 10:03:11 »

Interesting thread

https://x.com/h_theduck/status/1760449654754251065?s=46&t=sUQ-fFgelrF5oqTmo-D8tA
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11192 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 10:14:24 »

There are quite a lot of missing factors not considered to be truly meaningful.
I think we knew the club was being run badly, it just makes me wear my orange beanie and scowl slightly more

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11193 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 10:49:07 »

Slightly related, but it looks like Rochdale are staring down the barrel of liquidation. They were infested with the Curran cabal a couple of years ago.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #11194 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 11:29:53 »

Slightly related, but it looks like Rochdale are staring down the barrel of liquidation. They were infested with the Curran cabal a couple of years ago.

They’re actually fan run now I believe, and just can’t afford to do it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11195 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 11:33:44 »

Good luck to them, they have been badly run for many seasons, I hope they find a valid buyer soon. Curran is an absolute conman.

They’re actually fan run now I believe, and just can’t afford to do it.
And this is one reason I do not want us to be fan owned.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11196 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 11:46:31 »

It’s really not

Declining teams continue to decline.
The really interesting stats would be how many teams turns it around and how do they do it? (aka how much money do they throw at it?)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11197 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 11:58:18 »

It’s really not

Declining teams continue to decline.
The really interesting stats would be how many teams turns it around and how do they do it? (aka how much money do they throw at it?)
I think it is interesting, with your caveat included. It doesn't paint a full picture but it does highlight the dangers of lingering around lower L2 too long and hoping there'll be 2 worse teams than you.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #11198 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 17:07:18 »

Interesting point from Rochdale's chairman in the Price of Football podcast is there's lots of willing American investors out there, but not really entertaining anything but a 90% or more stake. Potentially dampens our prospects unless Kiely's and Parladorio's are willing sellers.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11199 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 17:51:54 »

Torquay have are or about to go into admin according to their owner as he cannot afford to run them.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #11200 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 18:56:59 »

Torquay have are or about to go into admin according to their owner as he cannot afford to run them.

Same mob that fucked over Swindon Speedway!

Clems Army!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #11201 on: Thursday, February 22, 2024, 19:51:56 »

Same mob that fucked over Swindon Speedway!

The Torquay guy is the guy thats fucked over multiple clubs before right? Promises ground development, and ends up selling it to developers. Or am i getting him confused.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #11202 on: Friday, February 23, 2024, 09:45:46 »

The Torquay guy is the guy thats fucked over multiple clubs before right? Promises ground development, and ends up selling it to developers. Or am i getting him confused.
Clarke Osborne took control of TUFC in December 2016 from a fan led consortium who couldn't afford to run the club !
His firm, Gaming International also owns Abbey Stadium and tried to build a ground for Bristol Rovers when Ikea bought Eastville.
One part of the nature of his business is "buying and selling of own real estate" as per Companies House.
Perhaps he will turn up at STFC next. Eek

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11203 on: Friday, February 23, 2024, 10:08:31 »

Clarke Osborne took control of TUFC in December 2016 from a fan led consortium who couldn't afford to run the club !
His firm, Gaming International also owns Abbey Stadium and tried to build a ground for Bristol Rovers when Ikea bought Eastville.
One part of the nature of his business is "buying and selling of own real estate" as per Companies House.
Perhaps he will turn up at STFC next. Eek
Think we already have that here don’t we?! Let’s be brutally honest here, the only reason Morfuni got involved here was to try and make money from any ground redevelopment.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11204 on: Friday, February 23, 2024, 10:11:23 »

Not STFC related, but i see Grimsby have appointed Polly Bancroft as a CEO

Man Utd head of womens football. Before joining United, she was women’s team General Manager at Brighton & Hove Albion, director of the women’s team at Nottingham Forest and also held roles with UEFA and the FA.

So what i am saying is, there are people out there with football experience to do the role

Pages: 1 ... 744 745 746 [747] 748 749 750 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: