Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Arsenal U21 EFL Trophy Matchday Thread  (Read 10523 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 10:42:04 »

Minimum of four qualifying outfield players in their starting XI. A qualifying outfield player was one who met any of the following requirements:
Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture.
Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who has made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions this season.
Any player with forty or more first-team starting appearances in their career, including International matches.
Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club.
A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition.
Any player out on a long loan term at a National League, National League North, or National League South team can play as long as the loaning team agree to allow the player to return for the match.

Of our first team pros, the only people who I don't think meet these criteria are Minturn and Dworzak, so I think we'd have to work really hard to get a fine!

(Cain has 41 appearances, Uwakwe 60ish)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 10:51:30 »

Of our first team pros, the only people who I don't think meet these criteria are Minturn and Dworzak, so I think we'd have to work really hard to get a fine!

The rules should be abandoned asap, the top teams are allowed to play their kids so we should be able to as well. If clubs want to take it more serious then fine, but other clubs who dont care should not be penalised for this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 10:58:55 »

Well, they've clearly been heavily softened from the early days of this competition when it really was a bit silly (hence the first minute substitutes and the like). Asking us to play four our of our 20 eligible first team pros doesn't really feel very arduous.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 11:20:31 »

Well, they've clearly been heavily softened from the early days of this competition when it really was a bit silly (hence the first minute substitutes and the like). Asking us to play four our of our 20 eligible first team pros doesn't really feel very arduous.
It does a little more so when you a) dont want any more injuries. b) when your main striker is 34 and cannot play Sat, Tues, Sat all season. c) of that 20 players currently 4 of them are injured (RHM, Clayton, Devine and Shade).

I have a feeling we will go with - not sure if he will test Brann n goal or go with Mahoney as these games are not normally very taxing for keepers. I also think he probably risk Kanu but will bring him and Brown off the bench.

Brann
      Minturn   Brewitt   Ward
Genesini                            Uwakwe
         Kinsella             Cain
                    Khan
            Young       Wakeling

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 11:21:32 »

It is starts, not appearances.

Cain is short: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=125530
Uwakwe is over the line seemingly: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=108688
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 11:22:53 »

Really don't think we should be playing Brewitt if we can avoid it. All of the first team need a rest.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 11:26:11 »

Will this be on iPTV

They usually are.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 11:26:11 »

Then also Mahoney, Genesini, Ward,  Khan, Cain, RHM, McEachran and Wakeling are all under 61 starts too in league football.

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 11:28:40 »

Then also Mahoney, Genesini, Ward,  Khan, Cain, RHM, McEachran and Wakeling are all under 61 starts too in league football.

Correct, but Mahoney, Genesini, McEachran and Khan would qualify having started the last game.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:04:57 »

The rules should be abandoned asap, the top teams are allowed to play their kids so we should be able to as well. If clubs want to take it more serious then fine, but other clubs who dont care should not be penalised for this.

To be fair if its only first four teamers, that isn't that limiting. Especially if players like Cain who you'd want to give game time count already.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:07:15 »

To be fair if its only first four teamers, that isn't that limiting. Especially if players like Cain who you'd want to give game time count already.

Fairly sure he doesn't...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:10:52 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman

exactly. Get rid of the two tier approach and let us play whoever we want and I might just go again.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:29:19 »

Really don't think we should be playing Brewitt if we can avoid it. All of the first team need a rest.

I think 45 mins for him & 45 for Dokes would be Ok.

Don’t play FBT, not for rest just to avoid another yellow card
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:33:58 »

In twenty twenty three
The Boycott Cup First Round
The Arsenal came to Swindon
Walked to the County Ground
They thought they’d have it easy
Their kids would get ahead
Along came Swindon Town FC
And tucked them into bed

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 12:39:08 »

It was always a mickey mouse cup, but the introduction of B teams killed it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: