Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jebus  (Read 15186 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:11:42 »

I  dont think it pointless ,ive quite enjoyed reading it especially the Reeves kids stuff who clearly really believes what hes saying even though he does seem a bit nuts to most people.Certainly a more interesting read than 10 pages of "what Pub we going to on Saturday"

/
W56196272
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:13:03 »

not a pointless thread at all.it's a highly debateable subject herthab

drs please explain then
Well i am a catholic and went to primary school where god was taught, at a young age like that it had no affect on me but did no harm whatsoever and it was not until i went to senior school that i noticed that most people were deciding then whether they wanted to follow religion or not.

I chose at the time that i did not really believe and if i am honest i became a bit ignorant to my religion. But it was not til around 8 years ago when i was going through some dark times that i went back to my religion and it helped me through those dark times. Dont get me wrong god did not save me and all that bullshit but it gave me something else to concentrate on and helped realise there are better things in life.

My opinion on religion is that its what ever a individual wants it to be, if it helps people through shit times and in alot of peoples instances it helps people live better lives and law abiding lives. If someone wants to get by in life by believing in god and helping others then i don’t see the issue tbh , its when people hide behind religion to carry out terrorist attacks and people start saying religion is rubbish and the route to most wars when thats just a easy excuse.

Sorry for the essay
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:16:03 »

Are Primary schools still taught as Christians these days?

We has assembly with Hymns and Prayers every day,do they now?

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:18:54 »

Well i am a catholic and went to primary school where god was taught, at a young age like that it had no affect on me but did no harm whatsoever and it was not until i went to senior school that i noticed that most people were deciding then whether they wanted to follow religion or not.

I chose at the time that i did not really believe and if i am honest i became a bit ignorant to my religion. But it was not til around 8 years ago when i was going through some dark times that i went back to my religion and it helped me through those dark times. Dont get me wrong god did not save me and all that bullshit but it gave me something else to concentrate on and helped realise there are better things in life.

My opinion on religion is that its what ever a individual wants it to be, if it helps people through shit times and in alot of peoples instances it helps people live better lives and law abiding lives. If someone wants to get by in life by believing in god and helping others then i don’t see the issue tbh , its when people hide behind religion to carry out terrorist attacks and people start saying religion is rubbish and the route to most wars when thats just a easy excuse.

Sorry for the essay

thats a great post and i cant really argue with that.it helped you so that is a positive aspect of religion.i could go on about the death and destruction that catholics have caused, but i wont.
my kids go to catholic schools and all my mrs family are church goers.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:30:15 »

Until religion, god & it's associated phenomenons are either proved or disproved then I'll firmly be an athiest. Although, I must admit, I'm more on the side of science.
flammableBen

« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:36:01 »

Are Primary schools still taught as Christians these days?

We has assembly with Hymns and Prayers every day,do they now?

I think they're supposed to be, it's in the 1988 education reform act or something.

I looked it up last night but couldn't really be bothered to make a long post.

I think I read that it's something that the school inspectors no longer enforce, and that 75% of schools would fail if they did. Something like that anyway.

Personally I'm against teaching a religion in schools. On the other hand I think that teaching about religion should be greatly improved.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:56:07 »

Sorry for the essay

Word
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:12:47 »

I went to a Catholic primary school m- even though my parents werent catholics
I remember being gutted as I the only one in my class not to take my Holy Communion - I wanted to be like all the other girls and get a pretty dress and some jewellery  Crying
Lumps

« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:16:12 »

One last thing I'll add to this in response to herthab.

There's a huge difference between someone who clings to a belief despite all the evidence to the contrary, e.g "the world is only 10,000 years old and I don't care about your bloody carbon dating you heathen you're going to hell", and someone like me who when presented with an idea of how the world works asks "where's the evidence in support of it?" and bases his judgement on the strength of that evidence.

To equate the two and call both as closed minded as each other is pretty irrational.

I've retained enough from my physics and chemistry teachers some decades ago that I rarely if ever say that something is impossible, so I'm loathe to entirely rule out the existence of some supernatural supreme being. However, what I have to add to that is that I've never been presented with anything that even vaguely equates to evidence of such a beings existence, so I don't believe it.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:16:40 »

I went to a Catholic primary school m- even though my parents werent catholics
I remember being gutted as I the only one in my class not to take my Holy Communion - I wanted to be like all the other girls and get a pretty dress and some jewellery  Crying

Why would you go to a Catholic school if your familiy are not Catholic ?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:18:28 »

Catholic primary schools rock!!!  St Edmunds was class in Class much better than the other (proddie) schools around!  Heard it's not so good nowadays though.

I have no problem teaching religion in primary schools as more often than not it teaches kids to be respectful and kind etc.
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:18:59 »

I have nothing further to add on this topic I thing it has been exhusted!

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:19:19 »

Cos they didn't want their little girl corrupted by the scallys at the likes of Dunston and Priestley??
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:20:12 »

I went to a Navy school and had to dress in full navy uniorm, learn how to tie knots, sail boats etc all very werid! glad i left after a year and all that becuase my dad, grnadad etc were in the fucking nvay!

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:20:56 »

Cos they didn't want their little girl corrupted by the scallys at the likes of Dunston and Priestley??

No entrance criteria ?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: