Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36745 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:26:09 »

Fuck me - he aint Paul Scholes.

He's an average lower league midefield player with a just above average League 1 club.

Just dont anyone buy any lucky heather from him

Everything goes through Douglas and so far this year we don't do well against a decent midfield, he might be lower league but he's still a decent player.

How about pegs?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:26:30 »

I wonder if we'll start Hollands today, I can't see Bostock or Ferry sticking close to Douglas.
Isn't Hollands more of an attacking midfielder than a hard tackler/marker?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:27:23 »

I wonder if we'll start Hollands today, I can't see Bostock or Ferry sticking close to Douglas.

I think Ferry and Bostock are the perfect answer to Dougie. He sits deep and offers protection. The passing and runs of those two, would give Dougie nightmares and give us lots of room in my opinion.

I wish him no ill, but I think he had an above average season with us and he showed his colours by not being up for the fight. Wilson was to blame by playing the completely useless PruttyPruttyPruttPrutts over Ferry.
Flashheart

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:27:49 »

Think I read from Charlton fans he can play both roles.
Dozno9

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:28:14 »

Oh, I thought he was a Smith type midfielder.
kerry red

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:29:42 »

Everything goes through Douglas and so far this year we don't do well against a decent midfield, he might be lower league but he's still a decent player.

How about pegs?

Well, pegs are useful. Especially if some fat fucker in front of you who's had 6 pints of 3Bs and a curry before going to the game spends 90 mins guffing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:29:49 »

I fancy Ferry to get one tonight. He got in some good positions on Saturday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dozno9

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:30:13 »

I think Ferry and Bostock are the perfect answer to Dougie. He sits deep and offers protection. The passing and runs of those two, would give Dougie nightmares and give us lots of room in my opinion.

You could be right there.

Ferry has obviously been told to attack the box a lot more as in recent games he's had more shots (including the air shot v Sheffield) in the past few games than the whole of last season.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:34:56 »

I fancy Ferry to get one tonight. He got in some good positions on Saturday.

Very good in the cross channel
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:54:12 »

Well done Rosso for another good intro to the Matchday Thread.

I've had my prediction success for this season vs. Yeovil, so I'll stick my neck out again and go for a resounding 4-1 win again.

The forum is a bit busy today. None of you fuckers got any work to do?

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:55:22 »

They are hard to beat away from home so expect it to be quiet tight, 2-1 win for us hopefully.

Draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 11:58:12 »

Ferry's off the ball runs against Yeovil (especially into the box) were absolutely outstanding.

Who'd of thought a few weeks ago we'd see a partnership of Ferry and Bostock in which Ferry was the attacking one and Bostock the defensive one! Both players transformed under the current regime.

Expect Chris Martin's gut to be busted by the end of December.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 12:19:41 »

Douglas was a decent player who, like others in the team that year, performed well above his normal ability in his first season. I don't have any particular animosity towards him.

On the same note of former Town players at Brentford, Diagouraga has carved out a pretty decent career for himself - I remember him being somewhat awkward and ineffective when he was on loan with us.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 12:31:20 »

Yep and visa versa, Brentford were the only other club looking at Paolo.
Shame we didn't end up with Rosler. In his first pre-season at Brentford they 'toured' the town where I now live  Wink
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 12:50:47 »

Dougie had a good first season culminating in the play off final.

He, like a few others then had a shit season during which he seemd to get more and more "Am I bovvered?" whereas the liks of Mtt Ritchie and Simon Ferry (when they were played) put in a full shift and then some to try and drag us out of it.

Dougie then fucked off so that he didn't have to suffer the fruits of his labours whereas Matt and Si stuck with us and did the business.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: