Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court Case  (Read 35225 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 09:58:39 »

After months of very little communication from Power he comes across as treating the fans with utter contempt again if you ask me.  "people need to realise" "before saying some things about losing one player"

It wasn't one player, and if you had been better at communicating to the fans through all of this then maybe "people would realise".

Zero sympathy for the cockney wide boy from me..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:00:16 »

Can it be a coincidence that after a long period of silence he finally emerges with a "we're covered until the end of February" message, at around the point that season tickets have been announced in years gone by?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:01:37 »

wasn't the proof of the offer flaky as hell? Some badly crafted document which looked like it had been created by some children playing around with Word?

Not helped by Power denying it existed in a text to Clem dated after the letter he was relying on in court!!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:03:21 »

He can cough and splutter as much as he likes but as it stands he potentially owns 35% of sod all and there is a queue in front of him of people who will have first dibs at the pot, if the sale is £7.5m (not a chance that I can see!) Standing wants about £5m back in lieu of loans etc, if Power only has 35% of the shares as suspected that gives him about £900k, hardly worth the ballache, much easier ways to make money. Standing/Clem should offer him 31m to sod off and shut the door.

31m?

The chance to own the freehold, or at least 50% of it, for little more than £1m is probably enticing to some.

Plus there are things other than football that a club can be used for.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:06:23 »

Not helped by Power denying it existed in a text to Clem dated after the letter he was relying on in court!!

Really? He's shadier than a field of willow trees isn't he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #290 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:07:05 »

Plus there are things other than football that a club can be used for.

Yep.

Like an opportunity for somebody in the construction industry to get a stadium build on their portfolio, for example.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:14:22 »

That's great but, again, I am not aware that any 'big league' owners have shown any interest in STFC. Those ITK may correct me on that.

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #292 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:18:54 »

Couple of obvious interpretations from the TOTT ep:
 - Power has last spoken to the fans via the BBC on the day of or around the last two court hearings. He's perhaps using it as an agenda to further his own case in the hearings, or at least put his spin on things.
 - Is the club preparing for a "your club needs you" style ST campaign? Renew or we die?
 - Power is basically trying to crank up the pressure on all sides of the dispute to jolly everyone along to a settlement. By overstating the severity of the financial situation and the stated interest (and character? "good people, deep pockets") of the yanks, he's creating a situation where he "can save the club" but if it goes south, he "did everything he could, wasn't his fault".

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:27:32 »

I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t give a flying fuck if the club folded as long he didn’t lose out - he’s left a trail of broken businesses before STFC without a second thought.

Strange he’s accentuating the club’s parlous state when actively looking for a buyer, though.

If there is, indeed, an eager buyer waiting in the wings I doubt they care much how their purchase money is divvied up between the warring parties. Just put the £7.5m, or whatever, in some sort of legalised and ringfenced account, take up the reins at the CG and let the others sort it out in their sweet time.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:35:32 »

Really? He's shadier than a field of willow trees isn't he?

I suspect you’ve know that for a very long time as has everyone else, however, yes he is. What’s more is he would I’d imagine be concerned at the very least about losing the club to whoever is it’s rightful owner other than him. Not just because he stands to lose whatever money he’s put in or is owed, oh no. Without control of the clubs eventual sale so diminishes his return on that plot of land at Highworth. He’d maybe have a bit of a white elephant in sporting terms if he cannot engineer a lease to the club for its use when it is up and running. If he loses control a new owner is not obliged to use the Highworth site at all. They’ll need somewhere to train of course, just not necessarily Highworth.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 5, 2021, 12:12:04 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #295 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:36:03 »

After months of very little communication from Power he comes across as treating the fans with utter contempt again if you ask me.  "people need to realise" "before saying some things about losing one player"

It wasn't one player, and if you had been better at communicating to the fans through all of this then maybe "people would realise".

Zero sympathy for the cockney wide boy from me..
Pretty much this from me too TBH. I gave him time and sort of support, but thats gone now and I want him gone, he has taken the club as far as he can and we need to start a new chapter in the ownership of STFC.

Couple of obvious interpretations from the TOTT ep:
 - Power has last spoken to the fans via the BBC on the day of or around the last two court hearings. He's perhaps using it as an agenda to further his own case in the hearings, or at least put his spin on things.
 - Is the club preparing for a "your club needs you" style ST campaign? Renew or we die?
 - Power is basically trying to crank up the pressure on all sides of the dispute to jolly everyone along to a settlement. By overstating the severity of the financial situation and the stated interest (and character? "good people, deep pockets") of the yanks, he's creating a situation where he "can save the club" but if it goes south, he "did everything he could, wasn't his fault".

Yep, agree on this as always pretty much.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #296 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:54:34 »

I've seen a rumour that the new owner will be the chairman of Supermarine.

Don't shoot the messenger - just passing on what I've read elsewhere.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:58:53 »

I've seen a rumour that the new owner will be the chairman of Supermarine.

Don't shoot the messenger - just passing on what I've read elsewhere.

Jez Webb - who owns this firm?

https://webbswood.co.uk/about-us

Could be handy in any construction required.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #298 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 11:00:04 »

Jez Webb - who owns this firm?

https://webbswood.co.uk/about-us

Could be handy in any construction required.
Big Town fan too, not sure he has the funds available though to be taken seriously.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #299 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 11:02:24 »

Big Town fan too, not sure he has the funds available though to be taken seriously.

But there could be a consortium backing him.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: