Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court Case  (Read 35225 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 13:55:31 »

From a fella who thought the whole "activities" during the hearing was hilarious and fun...really?!

Please grow up yourself.
That may be true.

However, I think most Town fans need a sense of the absurd to get through the sorry business of STFC fandom.  And even harsher aspects of our lives.

Tech-savvy (immature) kids making a mockery of something as serious as the Court system ticks that box.  When nothing much was at stake, as today.

The serious lesson for the grown ups is that the administration of justice needs to get its act together and be funded to do so.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:00:17 by RedRag » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 13:58:47 »

One of them actually posted himself in the chat at one point, I grabbed a pic of him but can't share it due to legality of sharing it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:01:50 »

The "public chat" thread was rather interesting reading too...not!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:07:07 »

From a fella who thought the whole "activities" during the hearing was hilarious and fun...really?!

Please grow up yourself.
Cheesy Was the highlight of my month. Is everything in your life so serious?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:12:51 »

Cheesy Was the highlight of my month. Is everything in your life so serious?

No of course not but when it comes to a legal hearing most people wouldn't enter a public gallery with a poster book full of penises, so the same applies online. I can see the mild relief and humour it might bring but it really doesn't help the image of the club does it?

As for highlight of your month, well that's all relative as I don't know your personal circumstances but I have more stuff going on in the real world so to speak, so this was not a particular highlight for me personally.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:14:33 »

I am appalled that there appears to be little respect for the courts and the judiciary.   

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:20:31 »

Not that Companies House have him down as a director, but isn't that the Swindon way!

Perfectly normal practice, nothing odd about it.

Basically this is what I can make out from what I have been told/read, I am sure the legals on here will say that I am wrong etc and put me in my rightful place in the relegation zone but here goes.

I hear Standing/Barry doesn't want the club, Power is desperate to offload the club as he has exhausted his own financial clout (hence the Curran financial input situation), Clem wants to own the club and so does another interested party who are not connected to anyone who own the club currently.

Power can't sell the club due to Standings claim over the amount of shares/value that Standing says he owns and Power disputing that.

So it is at a stalemate it seems until the actual amount of the club that Power owns is made clear allowing Power to sell up and move ownership of the club to a new party/person.

Cannot comment on the first three para's but the fourth is as I also interpret things.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:21:25 »

No of course not but when it comes to a legal hearing most people wouldn't enter a public gallery with a poster book full of penises, so the same applies online. I can see the mild relief and humour it might bring but it really doesn't help the image of the club does it?

As for highlight of your month, well that's all relative as I don't know your personal circumstances but I have more stuff going on in the real world so to speak, so this was not a particular highlight for me personally.
It was a load of school kids for fucksake who clearly do not understand how serious things are. I really wouldn't let it bother you so much
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:22:38 »

I am appalled that there appears to be little respect for the courts and the judiciary.  

The whole thing was a shambles, albeit the most shocking thing is that an online hearing does not lock anyone who is not a party out of commenting or sharing video/screen.

Oh and kudos for the Master in not sacking the whole thing off!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:22:59 »

It was a load of kids who don't know any better.
Flashheart

« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:25:10 »

It was kids.

They probably deserve a ticking off - but they were kids.

I was more disappointed at the lack of wit on display, although one did make me laugh when he mentioned his fish fingers.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:27:17 »

Basically this is what I can make out from what I have been told/read, I am sure the legals on here will say that I am wrong etc and put me in my rightful place in the relegation zone but here goes.

I hear Standing/Barry doesn't want the club, Power is desperate to offload the club as he has exhausted his own financial clout (hence the Curran financial input situation), Clem wants to own the club and so does another interested party who are not connected to anyone who own the club currently.

Power can't sell the club due to Standings claim over the amount of shares/value that Standing says he owns and Power disputing that.

So it is at a stalemate it seems until the actual amount of the club that Power owns is made clear allowing Power to sell up and move ownership of the club to a new party/person.

I have not seen the statements of case in the proceedings but I seemed to recall that Standing wants 'his' 50% of the shares in Seebeck or Swinton (can't recall which) so someone else can hold them on trust , rather than Power.

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:30:21 »

I have not seen the statements of case in the proceedings but I seemed to recall that Standing wants 'his' 50% of the shares in Seebeck or Swinton (can't recall which) so someone else can hold them on trust , rather than Power.

Are the court documents in the public domain (bar the original judgement) there was mention up thread of emails being cc'ed not sure what they relate to though.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:32:09 »

Doesn't Power also owe Andrew Black about £2m if he ever sells the club?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 14:33:07 »

Would like to have seen the Mum who offered Pitta Bread to her little darling doing his "schoolwork" summoned to the screens.  Cross examined by the Master and given an old-fashioned recital of Contempt of Court consequences.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: