Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread 2013/14 - The Ashes Down Under  (Read 107857 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 11:14:30 »

I fancied making a more general point ... The Aussies took Swamn at 5 an over meaning Broad and Anderson had to almost over work really which in a 5 match series will be suicidal with a 4 man bowling attack. If Swann can't hold an end at around 2.5 or 3 an over then England would have a balance problem and the only real 5th bowling option would be Stokes.

And this is why England are very, very keen for Timmeh Bresnan to be fit.
DMR

« Reply #121 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 13:04:05 »

We'd still be a 4 man attack. Bresnan will replace Tremlett.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 13:06:47 »

We'd still be a 4 man attack. Bresnan will replace Tremlett.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting Bresnan would come in at 6/7, just that he'd offer the control that Swann and Tremlett haven't. Not the biggest wicket taking threat but he does bowl economically, and when Broad is in form that's enough- when Broad isn't in form, you need a Finn type wicket hunter.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 13:09:52 »

Bowling isn't our biggest problem at the moment. Big problem is that the batsman aren't performing. Saying that, when Bresnan comes back he will give us a bit more strength in the batting as well as his ability to tie an end down.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:21:04 »

DMR is right. He's just not got any tact.

Or money at this rate  Cheesy
Always thought 11/10 was tight  but it could still be a winner.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:24:26 »

I found it utterly hilarious  Beers Beers Beers Pint Pint Clap

I might pull out a few nostril hairs in celebration
DMR

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 19:59:44 »

I'll be going in again at a better price once this fisting is final
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 20:26:33 »

I'll be going in again at a better price once this fisting is final

If it goes over 2s I'll be piling in I should think.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 23:58:47 »

Well what do we think lies ahead tonight? I think Aus will win by tea on Day 4 personally...this test is a write off and it's a bloody shame IMO! We have some fantastic batsman who haven't applied themselves yet again in the 1st innings. Yes Australia have bowled well but it's pathetic how bad England have become in the 1st test of an away series...stand up and be counted!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 00:07:05 »

Ala Ahmedabad England have to show some fight in defeat. Getting roled again could be disastrous.

More over I want to see England play with more intent against Lyon. I'm not saying go crazy but they can't just sit on the crease and block. Boycott made a good point about how when the England players use their feet it is to bunt the spinners into the stand but they need to look at how Aus and Clarke in particular used his feet to get down the pitch and drive down the ground for singles almost at will.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 01:14:40 »

Well what do we think lies ahead tonight? I think Aus will win by tea on Day 4 personally...this test is a write off and it's a bloody shame IMO! We have some fantastic batsman who haven't applied themselves yet again in the 1st innings. Yes Australia have bowled well but it's pathetic how bad England have become in the 1st test of an away series...stand up and be coun
Well what do we think lies ahead tonight? I think Aus will win by tea on Day 4 personally...this test is a write off and it's a bloody shame IMO! We have some fantastic batsman who haven't applied themselves yet again in the 1st innings. Yes Australia have bowled well but it's pathetic how bad England have become in the 1st test of an away series...stand up and be counted
We have useless batsmen like KP in our side. Enough said. The batting has been awful for a long time but the bowlers have dug us out of it time after time. Well not this time. We need to drop the shite like KP and Trott. This isnt even a good Aussie side its awful. What does that make us? Beyond awful. Dreadful.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 03:03:32 »

Useless batsmen like KP? Fucking hell, he'd walk in to every side on earth. Name me a national side that wouldn't take him and I'll name you a liar.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 08:44:48 »

We have useless batsmen like KP in our side. Enough said. The batting has been awful for a long time but the bowlers have dug us out of it time after time. Well not this time. We need to drop the shite like KP and Trott. This isnt even a good Aussie side its awful. What does that make us? Beyond awful. Dreadful.

IOB is back on the cricket thread. We must be losing. Now where has that panic button gone?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 08:58:47 »

What concerns me is the people I'm seeing saying we can't play that bad again. The battings been shit for ages, particularly trott and prior, who should both be worried about their place in the squad

Things get better but they never get good
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 09:15:14 »

What concerns me is the people I'm seeing saying we can't play that bad again. The battings been shit for ages, particularly trott and prior, who should both be worried about their place in the squad

Well I can't remember the last time we got bowled out for less than 200 twice in a match. Trotty is a worry but has enough class to pull through. The squad's been picked for this series so I doubt either of them are too worried short term.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: