Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Home/Away  (Read 1891 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 20:12:18 »

Why the hell play one formation at home and a different one away from home.

This really does baffle me.....WHY? Surely no matter where you are playing or how many home fans there are, you can still play as you would on your own turf?

We play to win at home, and draw away.....again totally stupid and pointless if you ask me, which you didnt
land_of_bo

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 20:16:04 »

Beats me, playing for a draw is never clever - IMO you should only play 1 up front if you've had a player sent off!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 20:43:34 »

I really don't understand it.

I would play Heath up front and bring Roberts on in the second half some time if we weren't winning
GlosterRed

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 22:42:41 »

4-5-1 is good, if you have midfielders who are willing to shoot, and there is a lone striker who is good on the ball with a good amount of pace. Today, we neither had the players in midfield shooting, nor the fast striker. I think we should play to win every game... whats the point in playing football if you don't want to win the league? Look at Luton last season, they were beating everyone, home or away. We aren't going to progress in the leagues if the management arent going to give us the chance of winning away from home. After all, half the games are played away from home (if King hadn't noticed)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 22:54:11 »

In fairness to King, he knows we're in a relegation battle....so he's trying to squeeze out a few points away from home....when, as he's had to do you are forced to rebuild a mid table side with probably lesser players and loans, then you're not exactly going to go gung ho.....its just not worked, the alternative is heavier defeats.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 13:05:57 »

At this rate we wont get a win away all season.

Kings a failure in the Cups, Hes failed us away from home (Il bring out the stat of how many miles per point I did last season if anyone wants to disagree). He'd better hope the home form stays upright or even he cant survive.

Why sign so many good attacking players in the summer if all we want to do is pack the midfield and play 4-5-fucking-1. Should have re-signed Lee Collins and payed him in peanuts.

Were on a road to nowhere...............
Asher

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 13:25:32 »

Spencer agreed, must have done about 1500 miles this month alone and strating to get very pissed off!  Why have 5/ 6 (heath?) ans play that fornation, totally lost on me, didnt even want to get drunk last night just empty!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 13:26:53 »

It wasn't King yesterday, he's hurt his foot hasn't he?
Asher

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 13:27:41 »

thought I saw him in the dugout??
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 13:27:56 »

He was there yesterday.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 13:29:54 »

I didnt want to get drunk because I was driving. All that stoppy starty drinking really gives me a headache. I wont be driving anywhere anymore (except Donny on a tuesday night) so that I can get wrecked.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 13:29:55 »

Ah right, well I didn't go I just heard that Onoura/Woan were in charge.

Hopefully he realises he's being an idiot and sort it out.
Asher

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 13:32:57 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
I didnt want to get drunk because I was driving. All that stoppy starty drinking really gives me a headache. I wont be driving anywhere anymore (except Donny on a tuesday night) so that I can get wrecked.

I cant take lemonade anymore!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 14:36:46 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
In fairness to King, he knows we're in a relegation battle....so he's trying to squeeze out a few points away from home....when, as he's had to do you are forced to rebuild a mid table side with probably lesser players and loans, then you're not exactly going to go gung ho.....its just not worked, the alternative is heavier defeats.

But if King knows we are in a relegation battle, then he knows we need points, he should then know to win points you need to score goals, therefore you should attack to score the goals

It doesnt matter how many you let in, as long as you score more Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: