Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Considering Future  (Read 66524 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Thursday, February 7, 2013, 18:38:46 »

Oh how happy I'd be if we get a war cry from PDC tomorrow, with the promise of the 3 players and a 10k crowd on Saturday.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Thursday, February 7, 2013, 19:27:55 »

This is it then...could very easily be Bodin in charge come Saturday.

Actually, this would make a lot of sense.  Billy didn't even make it off the bench at Torquay mid-week.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Thursday, February 7, 2013, 19:48:42 »

Having given this some thought over the last few days, in my opinion it's highly unlikely PDC would quit before the end of the season, even if he finds the new board impossible to work with there are just too many reasons for him to stay:

1) We are realistically in with a shout of automatic promotion. 2 subsequent promotions in your first 2 seasons as a manager is a hell of a way to establish yourself.

2) He's all about seeing the plan through to completion, I think he'd find it hard from a personal perspective to step away before he'd had a shot at getting us to the Championship.

3) The free rein he has had, up to this point at least, means he has been able to build almost a whole squad around him. That will be very hard to emulate at any speed at another club.

4) He is still under contract, although he could argue that the board have recently broken the terms of said contract and get out of it without penalty, that is likely to be a long drawn out legal battle, which can't be particularly appealing.

5) Loyalty. To the club, to the players and to the fans. It's the reason he stayed at West Ham so long and should not be underestimated.

7) If there are problems between him and the new board then if he shows he has the ability to work through it and still manage the team effectively then it's just another string to his management bow.

What PDC is very good at is creating an atmosphere amongst the players that means they step up their game when under pressure, that 'siege mentality' that people talk about. All this uncertainty is doing just that and is, I think, being used as another way of getting the team to think and play as more of a unit in a critical part of the season.
It's doing exactly the same to us as fans - the outstanding away support lately and the high number of tickets sold for a game against the bottom team in the division (even when you account for the reduced price) just go to show that in times of uncertainty we're some of the best at pulling together and getting behind our team.

So, I say embrace the uncertainty, we're definitely used to it in the rollercoaster that is being a Town fan. Lets make the most of the opportunity to remember what has been so great about the last year and a half and why we don't want it to end yet, lets all pull together to get behind the club at such an important point in the season, and look forward to the summer when we go up as fucking champions.

COYR
« Last Edit: Friday, February 8, 2013, 00:06:22 by AldbourneRed » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Thursday, February 7, 2013, 19:53:30 »

Evidently it was quite a turbulent meeting this afternoon.

[url width=590 height=443]http://cosker.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/trashed-office.png?w=590&h=442[/url]

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Levi lapper

« Reply #424 on: Thursday, February 7, 2013, 23:50:03 »

[url width=590 height=443]http://cosker.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/trashed-office.png?w=590&h=442[/url]

Due dilligence may take some time.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 00:01:13 »

Eek

#VivaKenBarlow!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 00:03:54 »

COYR

Hey! I made that smiley, I'd honestly forgotten about it.

I take it there hasn't been a statement yet? Not that I necessarily miss the days of Friday statements, but I sort of do. Is it going that way?
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 00:09:19 »

I take it there hasn't been a statement yet? Not that I necessarily miss the days of Friday statements, but I sort of do. Is it going that way?

No statement yet. Sam Morshead reckoned we might know something by end of play tomorrow, good old statement Fridays
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 00:12:54 »

Found him!

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 00:13:33 »

Amongst all the uncertainty, has anybody asked our new potential overlords what their favorite cheese is?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 07:21:00 »

Amongst all the uncertainty, has anybody asked our new potential overlords what their favorite cheese is?

They signed a NCDA.
kerry red

« Reply #431 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 07:22:26 »

Jed would probably write either

Chedur
Red Lester (probably named after that jockey fella)
Carefully - you know, that Welsh stuff
Luton Blue - got to be some of that, surely

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 07:26:46 »

Stinkin bizhop iz the cheeze of choice for ze Banbury massive.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 07:50:26 »

and don't forget darley duncaz

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Friday, February 8, 2013, 08:03:01 »

I had a quick look on Twitter last night and saw Andrew Black and Jed's Twitter pictures.

Andrew Black's is of him sitting calmly at the breakfast table drinking his tea whilst enjoying a bowl of cheerios.

Jed's appears to be him looking like he is off his head in his pink shirt having consumed one too many sherberts. (correct me if I have the wrong fella)

Not that I should let appearances get in the way of a good story, but is he really the fella fronting the consortium?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: