Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 100807 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:01:19 »

We did win a lot in the air when it went long and I think Smith was largely responsible for that

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:04:54 »

We did win a lot in the air when it went long and I think Smith was largely responsible for that
neither forward had a sniff of the goal though. This is a concern. Always look vulnerable at the back too. Will be some feat if we do get promoted
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:07:04 »

Smith was immense last night,won just about every header and managed quite a few flick ons.He works his bollocks off dragging defenders out of position,holds the ball up well and chases back to put defenders under pressure.Its a team game and he more than plays his part. I'm not a Williams fan but we all have differing opinions.
FINALLY. Someone saw it correctly.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:15:48 »

Our second goal was a long ball from Foderingham. Smith (who apparently offered nothing) brought it down under pressure, laid it off to Luongo (who apparently offered nothing) who passed to Byrne (who apparently was poor) who scored.

I'll be a little disappointed if any of them don't start on Monday.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:29:59 »

Our second goal was a long ball from Foderingham. Smith (who apparently offered nothing) brought it down under pressure, laid it off to Luongo (who apparently offered nothing) who passed to Byrne (who apparently was poor) who scored.

Disagree. Smith worked and closed down at every opportunity.
Last night we were prevented from our normal walking the ball out from awes.
Smith was utilised as the outlet higher up field at did well and took some heavy knocks in the process.
Ha'way Smiffy.
Flashheart

« Reply #515 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:30:15 »

Having a look at Preston's forum, they were poor last night and lucky to win. If they make it to the final we have a great chance (assuming we make it also, of course)
REDBUCK

« Reply #516 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:33:00 »

Smith was immense last night,won just about every header and managed quite a few flick ons.He works his bollocks off dragging defenders out of position,holds the ball up well and chases back to put defenders under pressure.Its a team game and he more than plays his part. I'm not a Williams fan but we all have differing opinions.

I think you'll need to look at the first half again.  There were periods when Smith won nothing in the air and couldn't keep the ball stopping us from building up the play. In the second half he improved as did our play.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:38:17 »

I think you'll need to look at the first half again.  There were periods when Smith won nothing in the air and couldn't keep the ball stopping us from building up the play. In the second half he improved as did our play.

Bigger issues with our defence the first half.
Going forward we were ok but team moved up another gear second half.
Smith and Hylton had a real battle first half with the midfield having to cover the defence.
Barry Scott

« Reply #518 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:43:45 »

Having a look at Preston's forum, they were poor last night and lucky to win. If they make it to the final we have a great chance (assuming we make it also, of course)

Shut Up  Shut Up  Shut Up
Flashheart

« Reply #519 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:46:29 »

Ooops, sorry.

What I mean to say, of course, is that it'll be a miracle if we go up.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:48:15 »

I really think the people who moan about Byrne, don't have a clue about players. Even if he doesn't score or create a chance every time, they aint down our end, he panics sides and forces them to double up. So at the worst someone else now has space. He doesn't have to play a blinder every game or every ball to be effective.
Flashheart

« Reply #521 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:49:58 »

It was frustrating that Byrne often gave the ball away so cheaply, but still he was a major pain in the arse for Sheffield last night.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:50:02 »

All 4 teams still have a pretty even chance, no one's out of it, and we know both games will more than likely go the distance.
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 13:53:48 »

Great atmosphere,banter ,singing ,streamers (well done jay)tense nervy1st30 mins then we kicked in both nathans did ok smithy.worked hard and was great with his head Massimo worked hard 2nd half 2 on him most of the time yasar motm pie and beer at half time ok ,I never thought we wouldn't win it.drove home "buzzing"oh yeh had £10 on byrne to score anytime @8-1 so that payed for the night.came on here "JESUS"doom and gloom  we are not barca well not yet.we have them back at the county ground on Monday with a 2-1 lead and will take them apart at will with a strong ref.dirty bastards.lets be optomistec(maybe spelt wrong look it up and the meaning)"WE ARE SWINDON  WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY""COME ON YOU REDS"

we are going as warriors
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Friday, May 8, 2015, 15:21:23 »

All I want to add is

Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye,
Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye,
Swindon Town FC,
From the West Country

Still ringing in my ears now Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 44   Go Up