Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The trusts ground re-development plans  (Read 1855 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 07:41:49 »

Am I right in saying that if the trusts re-development were to take place, it would be similar to Leyton Orient's (flats in the corners)?

Just found a few pictures...

http://i16.tinypic.com/68gyuxk.jpg

http://i9.tinypic.com/4xkzvj4.jpg

http://i18.tinypic.com/4zm5hci.jpg

We'd be a laughing stock, that looks ridiculous. I know the club needs to generate extra revenue but I really hate the thoughts of having flats in the stand, it's not right.
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 07:55:08 »

somehow I think ours would be slightly more aesthetically pleasing
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 08:05:27 »

The Bank, Nationwide and Town End will all be joined:

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/CG/Still-1.jpg

IIRC the Arkells is planned to be seperate at first, then 'joined up' at a later date.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 08:09:45 »

That's not bad then!
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 08:27:28 »

Shouldn't you know that though Nathan, what with your Dad being on the Trust board and all  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 08:27:55 »

You could try reading the proposal before passing judgement Tails - unless you're after Bowden's job of course.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 08:35:42 »

I've read them before, I just couldn't remember if it said we'd have flats in the corners or not (I'm sure I remember hearing that they would be included).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 10:26:14 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I've read them before, I just couldn't remember if it said we'd have flats in the corners or not (I'm sure I remember hearing that they would be included).

Sorry, wrong side of the bed this morning. More helpfully, the proposals do include the suggestion that the outward facing aspect of corner infills could be used as either luxury flats/commerical office space as part of the capitalisation of the project. But that would be visible from the outside, not the inside. Whereas what Orient have done is just dropped blocks of flats in the gaps and it not only looks toss, but is also wasteful of space available. I hope that helps clarify slightly more than the "grumpy old man" response of earlier  Oops
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 10:30:56 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Tails"

Sorry, wrong side of the bed this morning. More helpfully, the proposals do include the suggestion that the outward facing aspect of corner infills could be used as either luxury flats/commerical office space as part of the capitalisation of the project. But that would be visible from the outside, not the inside. Whereas what Orient have done is just dropped blocks of flats in the gaps and it not only looks toss, but is also wasteful of space available. I hope that helps clarify slightly more than the "grumpy old man" response of earlier  Oops

I thought you'd switched places with my old man for a second  Beers

Thanks for clarifying Paul, wouldn't be so bad if they were on the outside, as Orient's just looks silly.

Although it would be pretty neat standing on the balcony of your flat watching your team play.
mattboyslim

« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 10:34:03 »

There is an intersting article in 442 about those flats at Orient and more specifically those that live in them.  IIRC the club sold the land to a developer (perhaps links to their own small scale stadium work) who then built the flats (rather crudely IMHO).  I believe what we are looking at if I've read it correctly is similar, somewhat ironically, with what Rovers are planning, things built into the back of the stand, a poor mans version of the luxury hotel like at the MadStad.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 10:54:23 »

Looks like the Britannia stadium Stoke

I come from a land down-under
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 12:59:37 »

It's a nice dream isn't it.

A stadium like the pic that Sam posted.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 14:01:16 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
The Bank, Nationwide and Town End will all be joined:

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/CG/Still-1.jpg

IIRC the Arkells is planned to be seperate at first, then 'joined up' at a later date.

But won't the pitch be spun round by 90'or was that previous plans?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 14:03:28 »

Quote from: "triseros"
But won't the pitch be spun round by 90'or was that previous plans?

That idea was mooted before I believe, but the Trust's plans leave the pitch in-situ.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 14:04:28 »

The pitch rotation was part of the club's plans. We didn't believe it was necessary for the kind of community sports hub we're proposing (wheras it makes more sense if you're looking to cover the whole area in houses as the club were) and it added significantly to the overall cost of the project.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: