Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new generation  (Read 2490 times)
The_Plagiarist

« on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 20:45:15 »

Signed my missus' little cousin up today as a junior red for his 7th birthday present.

He owns a leeds, pompey and a man utd kit but will be attending his first ever live game on saturday at the mighty CG vs leyton orient.
If the superb reds put on a performance we could just have a new fan for life!  Beers

We took him to coate water the other weekend and drove back past the CG and stopped in the carpark he was blown away by it bless him. Reminds me of the feeling of walking out into the arkells for my first ever game as a nine year old 23 years ago

Hats off to the club, tenner to sign him up and he gets to come along for free in future. fantastic work STFC!

was getting all nostalgic about it earlier then realised this is swindon and we'll get spanked three nil and he'll go home crying and add a chelsea kit to the collection instead 

Bad Mood

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 20:47:38 »

Welcome to the madhouse little un.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 08:46:08 »

This is tantamount to child abuse. I hope the poor fucker has childline on speed dial.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 08:50:45 »

Wish you all the best in your attempt at brainwashing indoctrinating introducing the little fella to a lifetime of Swindon love.  Hope it goes well and that the little lad has a great day out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:03:26 »

Heh, all the best. My youngest has started going this season, started out picking up tickets on a match by match basis in case he didn't stick with it but his enthusiasm shows no sign of waning so I got his first season ticket yesterday. He's chuffed to bits. Although not so chuffed as the missus who now gets rid of the whole lot of us on a Saturday (I make sure I hide the credit cards before we leave)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:31:37 »

(I make sure I hide the credit cards before we leave)

She'll find them.

You should take them with you.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:56:57 »

Hopefully he'll burn the other kits after watching the mighty Town draw with Orient.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 11:17:07 »

I managed to save my 7 year old step brother from becoming too much of a United fan.

He now owns a new Town shirt with Douglas on the back and is a member of club red. He's also attending games.

I WIN. FUCK YOU MAN UTD!!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 13:17:33 »

She'll find them.

You should take them with you.
It'd be a symbolic gesture anyway tbh. If I was serious I'd find some way of blocking "The Imelda Marcos of Handbags" ebay account. But balls don't come that big - never, ever stand between an enraged football widow and a desirable handbag on eBay
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 06:59:22 »

I managed to save my 7 year old step brother from becoming too much of a United fan.

He now owns a new Town shirt with Douglas on the back and is a member of club red. He's also attending games.

I WIN. FUCK YOU MAN UTD!!

I kicked my son out of my car when he was 6 or 7 when he told me he was a utd fan. He was in tears cos he thought I was gonna drive off and leave him, but it did the trick.
Tough love. It's the only way.

It's All Good..............
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 07:08:14 »

This is tantamount to child abuse. I hope the poor fucker has childline on speed dial.

haha spot on - hope he doesn't resent me for introducing him to a life of infuriating saturdays in years to come!
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 10:52:19 by The_Plagiarist » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 08:29:06 »

I kicked my son out of my car when he was 6 or 7 when he told me he was a utd fan. He was in tears cos he thought I was gonna drive off and leave him, but it did the trick.

Where is Esther when you need her.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 07:37:17 »

Is he still speaking to you Plagiarist?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 09:35:09 »

Hahaha brilliant!!!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 11:31:09 »

Is he still speaking to you Plagiarist?

Yes he is! he loved the experience, even if the performance was fucking dross to you or me he got to see a charlie austin goal, a corking free kick, a red card a 2-2 draw and a ref getting booed off at the end. bit of everything promising first match! infact quite an accurate 90minute snapshot of being a swindon fan I reckon...

he spent a lot of the match watching the town end and asked us afterwards if he'd be allowed in there next time! Proud moment for me haha

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: