Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 121922 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:25:02 »

One that doesn't involve me feeling conflicted when I cheer a decent save.

What about if he makes you a decent coffee? Or builds you a beautiful conservatory?
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:26:14 »

Why are you so concerned timelord?

Because I've got a hell of a lot of time for the Robins mate.  Saw them in the Premier 93/94 at home to Villa and when they played at Macclesfield last season. 
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:26:20 »

A thought for discussion: Lee Hughes' crime was far worse (leaving the scene etc) and he has been vilified... how many people who detest him and think he should never play, conversely think that McCormick should be allowed to return to the game? Or is it simply a case of forgiving and rehabilitating everyone regardless?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:27:06 »

What would happen if (and I say IF) he signs, we draw the Y*llow cunts in the FA Cup (lets face it he'll only be no.2 IF he does sign and would only probably play cups) and he say I don't know saves a penaltyin the 93rd minute from Cuntstable to send us through...what would the reaction be?  Hmmm cheer or boo the guy?

#VivaKenBarlow!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:29:05 »

What about if he makes you a decent coffee? Or builds you a beautiful conservatory?

I don't tend to identify with baristas or conservatory builders as strongly as I do with those who wear the shirt.  You're a Town fan as well.  Surely you should understand that?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:29:08 »

I think Mex and herthab have summed up my feelings on this one pretty well.

A genuine question to those who think he should be sent packing... What job is it acceptable for him to do? Does every single employer in the country have the right to say he shouldn't work for them? Is it right that a person be denied a living once their prison sentence is over?

There is football in the community....also there are safety groups, who talk to teenagers about the perils of drink driving, by involving the victims.

This is honourable work fit for a genuinely reforming offender....it is naive in the extreme to think after a prison sentence, you'll walk back into a privileged position....think about the fella banged up for racist abuse of Muamba, fired straight out of his uni. Would you expect to walk straight back into your career? 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:40:05 »

There is football in the community....also there are safety groups, who talk to teenagers about the perils of drink driving, by involving the victims.

This is honourable work fit for a genuinely reforming offender....it is naive in the extreme to think after a prison sentence, you'll walk back into a privileged position....think about the fella banged up for racist abuse of Muamba, fired straight out of his uni. Would you expect to walk straight back into your career? 

Surely the question is not what I would expect but what I would support? I know very little of the case, but I'd have him back as an employer if it was a genuine moment of idiocy and there was no likelihood of it happening again. Unless it was going to jeopardise my business (and I don't think signing McCormick would).

As for calling it a privileged position, yes it's a job that lots of people want and that pays well, but there are plenty of other jobs like that out there that take only half the amount of work and commitment many footballers put in.

I don't tend to identify with baristas or conservatory builders as strongly as I do with those who wear the shirt.  You're a Town fan as well.  Surely you should understand that?

I do understand that. Completely. But should my feelings, rather than the law (which I, as a member of a democratic country have a voice in) have an influence on somebody else's rights regarding where they can find employment?
Barry Scott

« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:40:54 »

Sensitive subject and all that, but this cracked me up!  First time I have laughed out loud reading the TEF for a while, well done Mex!

I agree 100%. One of those rare occasions where a more dramatic member might have actually spat coffee over one of those seemingly water resistant laptop's that constantly get a soaking. Cheesy

I absolutely slashed myself and it went all over my Sony Walkman Sport.

What would happen if (and I say IF) he signs, we draw the Y*llow cunts in the FA Cup (lets face it he'll only be no.2 IF he does sign and would only probably play cups) and he say I don't know saves a penaltyin the 93rd minute from Cuntstable to send us through...what would the reaction be?  Hmmm cheer or boo the guy?

What if it's Adam Chapman who takes it?
DRS

« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:45:04 »

To be fair it has bored me.None of you have the right or wrong answer you just think by writing a longer reply than the person you disagree with that you are right.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:49:22 »

To be fair it has bored me.None of you have the right or wrong answer you just think by writing a longer reply than the person you disagree with that you are right.

True that, this argument is just going to go round & round in circles.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:49:50 »

Undecided really. Should he or shouldn't he, both arguments have their merit. Although I'm probably erring on the side of "He shouldn't"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 16:55:19 »

Undecided really. Should he or shouldn't he, both arguments have their merit. Although I'm probably erring on the side of "He shouldn't"

He shouldn't, or we shouldn't? If he were to sign, who'd be in the wrong - player or club?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:05:32 »

He shouldn't, or we shouldn't? If he were to sign, who'd be in the wrong - player or club?

I do understand that. Completely. But should my feelings, rather than the law (which I, as a member of a democratic country have a voice in) have an influence on somebody else's rights regarding where they can find employment?

You're coming at it from the 'rights of the player'/employment law standpoint, where as I (and a number of others) are looking at this more selfishly from the standpoint of our own feelings, attempting - and failing - to get comfortable with having someone who has committed a terrible act associated with the club that we love.

You're never going to reconcile those two standpoints.  I don't doubt the rights of Luke McCormick, in law, to become an employee of STFC - and, frankly, I don't care about that.  I'm simply expressing a personal preference.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:14:30 »

Quote from: reeves4england link=topic=48201.msg1082697#msg1082697 date=1337792

We shouldn't be signing him and he shouldn't be expecting to start over where he left off so easily. So bit of both really.
In hindsight I wish I'd just kept my trap shut
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:15:29 »

I'm not comfortable with the notion that you pay for the rest of your life because of one catastrophic decision but this is clearly a hugely divisive issue which I don't think we need right now. Will be interesting to see how the "In PDC we trust" brigade react when he gives us his views. Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: