Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 121989 times)
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:01:54 »

I just find it embarrassing that we'd even consider employing this guy. I detest Lee Hughes for the same reason and can't stand the thought of him playing in our league. My kids are 10 and 8, the same age as the boys McCormick killed. If he did this to my kids I'd seriously murder him if I saw him out in public.

Get a job in a charity shop, join greenpeace, but don't go back into football. The thought of our young fans chanting his name makes me feel sick.

And what about the away fans next season?  How will it look for a great club like Swindon (I have family in the area, don't live there, but have a lot of time for the club and the area) to have to put up with chants like child murderer, scum etc every fortnight?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:02:47 »

It's not sensationalism.  That's what he did.  I suppose having a Fascist in charge of your football club might mean that your outlook is a little different, but a child killer is a child killer.

What next for Jeremy Wray?  Gary Glitter to entertain the kids at Christmas?

Fucking hell.

It's All Good..............
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:04:10 »

I don't give a fuck what he does and what he doesn't do, as long as it isn't here. How the fuck can I stand a clap the cunt if he plays for us when I have the views I do. I can't.

I beginning to see how Paul D felt this time last year.

All so easily avoided by the club.

Oh and Herthab, fuck you Wink

Agreed.  If Football had any morals whatsoever the FA should tear up his registration and the PFA simply say to it's members do not play in the same team as him.  People like McCormick make football look even sicker than it is.  Don't forget even Graham Rix after his child sex revelations came back into football.  The whole industry has no shame.
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:04:50 »

Fucking hell.

Whilst Jonathan King spins some discs.  How about it Mr Wray?
Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:05:33 »

Where's that popcorn gone?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:06:07 »

This thread is hysterical.

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:06:10 »

Who do you support Timelord?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:06:33 »

The only difference between football and any other job is that there are spectators who are effectively stakeholders. Other than that, football is subject to the same legislation and employment laws as any other profession.

You can't pick and choose which jobs convicted criminals are allowed to do simply because they are deemed to be more fun than others. That would be illegal.

McCormick was utterly wrong. We all know that. But he can only serve the sentence given to him, whether that is appropriate or not in your eyes. Beyond that, his life is his to do as he wishes. I doubt very much he'll ever forget - or be allowed to forget- what happened. But equally, I bet that amongst the people shouting "murderer" at the next game he plays, will be the odd convicted drink driver, who thinks he has the right to judge when in fact it was only by the grace of God that he wasn't in the same position.
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:06:52 »

Actively?  Gainsborough Trinity in the BSNorth.
Flashheart

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:06:58 »

I fucking love pre-season
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:08:07 »

The only difference between football and any other job is that there are spectators who are effectively stakeholders. Other than that, football is subject to the same legislation and employment laws as any other profession.

You can't pick and choose which jobs convicted criminals are allowed to do simply because they are deemed to be more fun than others. That would be illegal.

You can - it's called being CRB checked.  Footballers in their contracts are usually expected to get out into the community - schools, businesses, youth groups.  How wrong would it be for McCormick to go into a Primary School to give the kids a football lesson?  Wrong on so many levels.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:08:17 »

Didactic FC
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:09:20 »

You can - it's called being CRB checked.  Footballers in their contracts are usually expected to get out into the community - schools, businesses, youth groups.  How wrong would it be for McCormick to go into a Primary School to give the kids a football lesson?  Wrong on so many levels.

yes but he didnt put a finger up their bum, it was a range rover.
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:10:29 »

McCormick was utterly wrong. We all know that. But he can only serve the sentence given to him, whether that is appropriate or not in your eyes. Beyond that, his life is his to do as he wishes. I doubt very much he'll ever forget - or be allowed to forget- what happened. But equally, I bet that amongst the people shouting "murderer" at the next game he plays, will be the odd convicted drink driver, who thinks he has the right to judge when in fact it was only by the grace of God that he wasn't in the same position.

Agreed, but those people in the crowd who are drunk drivers etc aren't necessarily representing your club, your community, your town,  to the rest of the country, are they?

If McCormick signs a deal and is your 'no 1' next year, thats the point.  A convicted child killer, and stress I do not use the word murderer, representing your town and your club?  Not on, is it?
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:11:17 »

yes but he didnt put a finger up their bum, it was a range rover.

And that makes it OK how?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: