Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 121925 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 11:24:26 »

There is never going to be a common ground found with things like this.  People views will be judged on things that they have encountered in life and everyone's views will be right depending on their own personal circumstance and view on life and the world we live in really.

Pointless trying to justify it either way really.  What will be, will be, and everyone will just need to get on with it whether you like it or not, much like PDC coming in.

I am sure we meet more people in our lives that have killed somebody than we think, and don't even realise it.  The only reason this is different is because it is a relatively high profile profession and everyone has read it in the news.

Just an excuse for anyone that doesn't like Swindon to say that we have employed a "murderer", lots of clubs have similar situations, although maybe not so high profile.

Agree with this. Pretty much sums up my views on it all.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 11:40:52 »

Bloody hell.....surely this could only happen to Swindon !!!

There could be debate after debate here.

As an employer, STFC will get a person who will try so hard to get his life back as a professional football player and into some form of normality. For that reason he would be a fantastic prospect. 

On the other hand he will cause many difficulties for the club and supporters alike over the obvious moral issues...!!!

Taking that aside...how many people on here have driven whilst over the limit Huh???  I know I have and yes, I have been lucky..

For that reason I would be in favour of STFC signing this guy and making sure he becomes a pinnacle in society against driving whilst under the influence.   Head Hurts

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 12:01:21 »

Don't think anyone is saying that.  More questioning whether football which, at this level, entails getting a crowd of thousands to back you, is the best arena in which to get back on your feet.

But that's down to him right?  He's going to needs balls the size of the moon to withstand the torrent of abuse he'll face at every game (home and away) and concentrate for 90+ minutes but, if he can prove to the club that he can, then it's a non-issue.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 12:55:27 »

Wes Foderingham got 29 clean sheets this season.

We don't need this guy.

We have P. Smith who I think was a decent reserve keeper but let him go.

I don't understand why the club have decided to take this route.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 13:02:43 »

If we want to talk about ability then Luke McCormick was/is a better goalkeeper than Phil Smith.

I don't like this idea that 'poor Phil Smith has been axed for a convict' when we all know that Smith's days were numbered regardless.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 13:11:35 »

If we want to talk about ability then Luke McCormick was/is a better goalkeeper than Phil Smith.

I don't like this idea that 'poor Phil Smith has been axed for a convict' when we all know that Smith's days were numbered regardless.

Agreed, good post..
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 13:31:30 »

I agree that he should be given a second chance. Absolutely so.
I also agree that it's ridiculous to say "He should be given a second chance, but not here".

But. I think he should be given a second chance, but not here.

Fair enough he was a good goalkeeper, but we already have a good goalkeeper in Wes. Realistically, McCormick is going to be our second 'keeper, and is it really worth the bad publicity in signing him? From what I've heard, or inferred, he could get first team football elsewhere. Enough people hate us as it is, being the 'big spenders' and because of the Paolo factor etc etc. I just don't think this will help at all.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 13:35:15 »

Purely based on footballing matters, we have Mattia Lanzano and Leigh Bedwell as cover for Wes Foderingham. Therefore, giving Luke McCormick or any senior goalkeeper a trial at this moment is excessive.

That said, it's obvious that we are trying to get rid of Lanzano so Town will be in the market for a new goalkeeper later in the Summer.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 14:39:43 »

surely fascism killed more than 2 kids and you were alright with that?

sits back with some popcorn..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 14:42:57 »

....at least use the icon.

Popcorn
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 14:45:14 »

oooh thanks didnt see that Popcorn
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 14:52:36 »

Just because the law says he can work doesn't mean society has to accept it

That doesn't make sense. The law is set by society. If society doesn't like (or accept) the law it can change it.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 14:56:17 »

So is McCormick a fascist as well then? That explains a few things..
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 14:58:50 »

I know 99% of footballers are thick as pig spit, but there is no excuse in law for getting into your car pissed up and driving wherever.

He got pissed - his choice. He got into a car - his choice. He killed kids. He should have done LIFE, with a minimum of say 15 years - meaning his career is totally over.

He gets to start again, like that cretin Lee Hughes, yet the kids he killed can't, and neither can their family.

Jeremy Wray, you should be ashamed of yourself.
timelord

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 15:00:11 »

Ooh, sensationalism. My favourite.

It's not sensationalism.  That's what he did.  I suppose having a Fascist in charge of your football club might mean that your outlook is a little different, but a child killer is a child killer.

What next for Jeremy Wray?  Gary Glitter to entertain the kids at Christmas?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: