Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 121938 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:26:08 »

There is never going to be a common ground found with things like this.  People views will be judged on things that they have encountered in life and everyone's views will be right depending on their own personal circumstance and view on life and the world we live in really.

Pointless trying to justify it either way really.  What will be, will be, and everyone will just need to get on with it whether you like it or not, much like PDC coming in.

I am sure we meet more people in our lives that have killed somebody than we think, and don't even realise it.  The only reason this is different is because it is a relatively high profile profession and everyone has read it in the news.

Just an excuse for anyone that doesn't like Swindon to say that we have employed a "murderer", lots of clubs have similar situations, although maybe not so high profile.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:26:33 »

Paul D, I dont think that you should get slaughtered for the last sentence, it makes perfect sense to me and i completely see where you are coming from, i think sometimes that we all get clouded by the football reason rather than the moral issue .

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:27:51 »

There is never going to be a common ground found with things like this.  People views will be judged on things that they have encountered in life and everyone's views will be right depending on their own personal circumstance and view on life and the world we live in really.

Pointless trying to justify it either way really.  What will be, will be, and everyone will just need to get on with it whether you like it or not, much like PDC coming in.

I am sure we meet more people in our lives that have killed somebody than we think, and don't even realise it.  The only reason this is different is because it is a relatively high profile profession and everyone has read it in the news.

Just an excuse for anyone that doesn't like Swindon to say that we have employed a "murderer", lots of clubs have similar situations, although maybe not so high profile.

Agreed.

I'm pining for the return of lazy pre-season days with no news... and I hate lazy pre-season days with no news.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:28:34 »

I've always had a lot of respect for Swindon, but for them to come out and chase a child killer as a new signing, it's just not on.  I really hope a campaign is launched to stop this.

Chase? Child killer?

Run along.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:32:06 »

The justice system sentenced him to what they believe was a fair sentence (whether we agree or not is irrelevant) and he's now done his time.  Why shouldn't he seek to return to his profession? 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:33:10 »

whether we agree or not is irrelevant

Its highly relevant. just because the law says he can work doesn't mean society has to accept it
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:33:14 »

A lot of sanctimonious bollocks on this thread. For those of you asking how people would feel if it was there kids, spin it and ask what your feelings would be if it was your child who committed the offence?

The only ones who are worse are those saying he deserves a second chance, but not here. What a bunch of fucking NIMBY's.

It's All Good..............
Dozno9

« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:33:55 »

I have slated other players in the past for the same offence and just because he may wear a Swindon jersey doesn't mean I will change my mind about him.

There are thousands of jobs and hundreds of keepers out there so why he has to come here to do this job lord only knows.

He spent over 3 years in prison, plenty of time to gain a qualification in something else.
Dozno9

« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:36:50 »

A lot of sanctimonious bollocks on this thread. For those of you asking how people would feel if it was there kids, spin it and ask what your feelings would be if it was your child who committed the offence?

I'd kick his arse and dis-own him.

Can I say what I like now without being sanctimonious and a NIMBY?
Flashheart

« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:37:15 »

So people are suggesting the club are sacrificing moral judgement in favour of the club's performance?

That would be assuming that they feel themselves that making such a decision would be wrong. Perhaps they genuinely feel, as do many others, that to give the player a trial would be the morally correct (or at least not morally wrong) thing to do.
Dozno9

« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:39:17 »

He's was a good keeper and will be cheap as chips, bottom line.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:40:15 »

Its highly relevant. just because the law says he can work doesn't mean society has to accept it

So he's not allowed to try and rebuild his own life?  And does that equally apply to all crimes committed or just those that you find hard to stomach?  

I appreciate that the parents of the children can't rebuild and that is heartbreaking but he must be given a chance.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:41:26 »

I'd kick his arse and dis-own him.

Can I say what I like now without being sanctimonious and a NIMBY?
Knock yourself out.

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 10:47:28 »

So he's not allowed to try and rebuild his own life?  And does that equally apply to all crimes committed or just those that you find hard to stomach? 

I appreciate that the parents of the children can't rebuild and that is heartbreaking but he must be given a chance.

Don't think anyone is saying that.  More questioning whether football which, at this level, entails getting a crowd of thousands to back you, is the best arena in which to get back on your feet.

So people are suggesting the club are sacrificing moral judgement in favour of the club's performance?

That would be assuming that they feel themselves that making such a decision would be wrong. Perhaps they genuinely feel, as do many others, that to give the player a trial would be the morally correct (or at least not morally wrong) thing to do.

Again, I don't think anyone thinks that getting a good player on the cheap is the club's motive.  I respect Jeremy Wray more than that.  I honestly believe that he does believe the player deserves another chance.  But that doesn't mean I have to feel comfortable with that.

As an aside, the TEF should be proud of this thread.  Excellent debate.  Demonstrates what a cracking forum this is.  But I'm going to take a break from this (the thread) now.  Think it's pretty much all been said.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 11:04:26 »

So he's not allowed to try and rebuild his own life? 

I don't give a fuck what he does and what he doesn't do, as long as it isn't here. How the fuck can I stand a clap the cunt if he plays for us when I have the views I do. I can't.

I beginning to see how Paul D felt this time last year.

All so easily avoided by the club.

Oh and Herthab, fuck you Wink
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: